Does "Break My Soul" sound unfinished / like a demo?

NausAllien

Does it sound unfinished or like a leaked demo?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Does it?

• Yes
    • No

I can't get over how unfinished it sounds. We also didn't need 50 seconds of "you won't break my soul" and "everybody" :biblio:

What do you guys think? Is the production as good as other songs Beyoncé has released or does it sound unfinished?

Sounds like a bonus track.

the fanbase is split in half ... there are those Who refuse to accept that BMS is underwhelming

Edited by Gagaqueen

Not at old. 

But you can tell Beyoncé had something to do with those lyrics.

nah. just uninspired and bland

I would not necessarily say it sounds like a demo but it’s just very bland, with no personnality, it’s a weak song

6 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

But you can tell Beyoncé had something to do with those lyrics.

:dies:

it's not even better than any of the singles from Future Nostalgia

Very underwhelming. I actually wanted it tho finish after 2 mins

Honestly, I don't think this project will be her most thoughtful and innovative.

She gave what she had to give.

41 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Sounds like a bonus track.

:cm: It's cute though.

Yes, it sounds like ROM demo that leaked, the rough one before they turned it into a great song. 

I have a strong feeling it will be relegated to "buzz single" by the time the next single drops.

Yes, That’s What i thought too.

90s House music isn’t the most melodic, especially compared to the more modern EDM/dance pop songs full of catchy hooks, so it probably seems underwhelming to the pop audience. Beyoncé’s core R&B audience isn’t here for dance music either so they’re also underwhelmed. Beyoncé is alienating both audiences here :gaycat6:

Edited by brainmaniac

It does not sound unfinished or like a demo at all. It sounds like your typical house song. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Kiel D-01

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

I have a strong feeling it will be relegated to "buzz single" by the time the next single drops.

When has she ever done so? Deja Vu had a petition and was extremely badly received, RTW leaked 1 month earlier, it was hated, she still proceeded with it despite the overwhelming negative reaction and abysmal reception + lack of success. And both albums were released with those songs as lead. 

If she releases another song just like she did with If I Were A Boy, that means it was always her plan. SL was released but IIWAB was not relegated to buzz single. 

OT : No, it sounds like a typical House song. Not an EDM or dance track. 

Edited by BnPac

Just now, BnPac said:

When has she ever done so?

That's a good point. If it were another artist, I think it would be a candidate for "buzz single" status.

1 minute ago, BnPac said:

IIWAB

Did this song underperform? I always thought it was a hit.

It’s just not good. The production is stale, Beyoncé’s voice sounds like it has aged 10 years and does not blend well with the beat. 

I actually wanted her to go out vocal diva house like that song “you gotta show me love”

4 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Did this song underperform? I always thought it was a hit.

It was a hit, that's my point. If another song comes then that was the plan all along like with IIWAB/SL. 

1 hour ago, Gagaqueen said:
the fanbase is split in half ... there are those Who refuse to accept that BMS is underwhelming

This lmao if anyone but bey released this, it would be properly, universally ignored or hated. 

While I don’t think it’s badly produced it just feels… poor. It’s the same beat on loop for five minutes, there are no interesting switch ups, no flavor. It’s good, but not up to par with Beyoncé’s standards.