Bradley Cooper annihilates jealous director: Go F*** Yourself

nostalgia

Bradley Cooper revealed on a recent episode of the “SmartLess” podcast (via IndieWire) that a famous director once mocked him for having 7 career Oscar nominations.

The incident occurred at a party during Cooper’s “A Star Is Born” awards season. The music drama boosted Cooper’s Oscar nomination haul from four (three acting noms and a best picture nom as a producer on “American Sniper”) to seven (actor, original screenplay and best picture for “A Star Is Born”).

At an awards season party, Cooper met with a famous director who made a joke out of Cooper’s 7 Oscar nominations. Cooper was joined at the party by a friend, a famous actress, who had three Oscar nominations under her belt. The director told Cooper, “What world are we living in where you have 7 nominations and she’s only got three?”

”I’m like, ‘Bro, why are you such an *******?’” Cooper told the “SmartLess” podcast hosts. “I would never ******* forget that. Go **** yourself.”

Cooper has since added two more Oscar nominations, bringing his total career haul to 9. Cooper co-produced “Joker” and “Nightmare Alley,” both of which broke into the best picture race. Unfortunately, the director’s comment was not the first time top Hollywood talent grilled Cooper’s history of nabbing Oscar nominations.

The actor said a “hero female actress” once made a condescending comment to him after he picked up his first acting nomination for “Silver Linings Playbook.”

“She’s like, ‘I saw your movie. You deserve the nom,’” Cooper said. “I was like, ‘What? I’m sorry, what?’ ‘The nom.’ Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I’m not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, ‘The nom.’ I remember [thinking], what the **** is this town?’ Can you imagine saying that to somebody? You’ve got to be ****** up to do that.”

AP22123010886306.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1&

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/bradley-cooper-mocked-oscar-nominations-1235298780/

24 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

how was the comment about him deserving the nom condescing? idgi

Implying that he doesn’t deserve the win itself

Sounds like something that Captain Marvel girl would say :deadbanana:

That pic in the OP :deadbanana4: Is that edited?

33 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

how was the comment about him deserving the nom condescing? idgi

I think she kept emphasizing it as in it will only be a nom and not a win. 

6 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Why do I have a feeling the woman with only 3 noms was Gaga? A mess!

Was just thinking that :deadbanana2:

Okay, the second comment kind of does sound like a bully, since she repeated the “The nom” 10 minutes later when she saw him again. :gaycat6:

My guess is Brie Larson :rip:

i screamed at the pic :deadbanana4:

If Brie is the one that said that :biblio: 

You better stand up for yourself king :clap3: 

I don't understand how the second comment was condescending :michael:

"She’s like, ‘I saw your movie. You deserve the nom,’” Cooper said. “I was like, ‘What? I’m sorry, what?’ ‘The nom.’ Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I’m not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, ‘The nom"

Ok this is iconic

5 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Who would be jealous of Bradley Cooper? :rip:

Pop girls whose last hit was during Obama administration :gaynetcat4:

I mean she's right. He's not a good actor at all.

2 hours ago, nostalgia said:

“hero female actress”

its not Bree guys...its clearly a senior female actress he admires. When he says "hero actress" i think he means a personal fav actress of his. Why would Brie be one when she is his contemporary. Usually actors idealize their predecessors I think.

11 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

its not Bree guys...its clearly a senior female actress he admires. When he says "hero actress" i think he means a personal fav actress of his. Why would Brie be one when she is his contemporary. Usually actors idealize their predecessors I think.

I hope its Kate Winslet or Glenn Close.

3 hours ago, nostalgia said:

“She’s like, ‘I saw your movie. You deserve the nom,’” Cooper said. “I was like, ‘What? I’m sorry, what?’ ‘The nom.’ Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I’m not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, ‘The nom.’ I remember [thinking], what the **** is this town?’ Can you imagine saying that to somebody? You’ve got to be ****** up to do that.”

this is comedy gold though :rip:

Edited by tachiwaka
Typo

this is all so hilarious. bradley is not my fave but i think he did deserve for ASIB. anyway, bradley needs to be messier and start naming names :gaycat2:

yeah brie couldnt be it cause she was nowhere near bradleys level to drag him like that and she wasn't in marvel at that time

43 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

I hope its Kate Winslet or Glenn Close.

Kate and Glenn have 7 and 8 nominations respectively

Edited by popmusicisdead

Why are people keep saying it's Brie?? she was unknown when he got nominated the first time. :gaycat6:

I did a quick search for actress with 3 noms at that time and it's probably JLaw since she's a good friend of his

They’re right. He doesn’t have any memorable performances.

6 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Cooper was joined at the party by a friend, a famous actress, who had three Oscar nominations under her belt.

The actor said a “hero female actress”

Lets see anyone of with 3 noms:

Angela Lansbury

Piper Laurie

Laura Linney

Michelle Pfeiffer

Sigourney Weaver

Debra Winger

Joan Allen 

Diane Ladd

I don't see Angela and Piper attending these at their age. I love may be a bit young 10 years ago to be his "hero".

So its either Michelle, Sigourney, Debra, Joan, or Diane.

its angela lansbury i fear 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.