Billie Eilish on infamous Vogue cover: "I tried too hard to be desirable"

britxbrit

Ugh, the world is truly terrible towards women. As I said in the Selena thread the other day, most of us go through this phase during out teenage years, we feel the need to be attractive to men, seeking their approval, and we think this is the way to reach that (and well it is, but it shouldn't matter). Many of us regret those choices later in our life when we come into our own and realize we don't need to change our personality to please people, but when you're a celebrity you can't just pretend it never happened since it will always be on the internet and people's mind. 

2 hours ago, Shinning said:

I think it's a beautiful photoshoot. There can be more to a "sexy" photoshoot than just the want to be desired by men. Sexuality can be a beautiful thing we used for artful purposes.

Yeah, but she's young, at that age you do things for the wrong reasons and think you are doing it because you want it, cause that's what you're supposed to do and think. 

1 hour ago, sourtwink said:

i understand that feelings change but i’m so sick of artists doing this. you made the choice, own your ****. openly admitting to doing stuff that iSn’T yOu is literally admitting to selling out. believing in what you do and owning it is the difference between a legend (like madonna or gaga) and a fad. if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything i fear :coffee2:

This is such a mean comment, I don't see how she's not owning up to it? She didn't say she was forced, she said what she chose to do wasn't authentic. 

Kinda sad to hear tbh and I hope she gets the counseling / support group she needs.

3 hours ago, Selegend said:

isn't this one of those situations where there's 100 positive comments and 1 negative comments ruin the artist day and perspection? or i just should be grateful about my digital bubble? 

Be grateful lmao

she was being dragged to the pits of hell and back for that photoshoot. 

55 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

The girl is 20. You act like you didn't make choices you ended up regretting during your teens early 20s :deadbanana2:.

The girl has been said she's insecure about her body. She tried something different once and she gets bullied and ya labeling her a sellout. Jesus log off and get some air being obesessed on a young celeb. 

My guess is that ATRL user @sourtwink is not yet 20 and will soon grow to regret his username :rip:

That was really sad to read.

I still believe the photoshoot was so ******* stunning. The way people treated her around that period was sick.

Edited by State of Grace.

Growing pains.

I loathe people for being so judgmental.

All the insecure ugly friend people who dropped her were living vicariously through her because they don't have a voice and so as soon as she shifted they jumped.

Such bandwagoners...they missed out on a great record: Happier than ever.

I hope most of them come back though on her next record.

3 hours ago, hardbrit said:

She portrayed herself as the artists she stood against. That cover lost her many fans

Can you link me to an article or something where she specifically states that she's against women sexualizing themselves and feeling confident in their bodies? :confused:

She's gorgeous. But yeah, no matter what she will be judged. It's one of the worst perks of this industry.

52 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

She's gorgeous. But yeah, no matter what she will be judged. It's one of the worst perks of this industry.

Indeed

amber.jpg.7e9d7442a582017853df4ec4505219

2 hours ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Poor girl :sad:

**** you, Finneas! 

not him catching strays for no reason :rip: 

saying that billie lost stans because of that photoshoot is insane to say as a non-stan :rip: i promise you that spread gained her fans, if anything.

anyway, it's sad to see her talk about herself in such a harsh way. it must be super hard to go through growing pains like everyone else in this world but just do it with the whole world watching you :chick3: wish i could give her a big hug 

What cover? If people are gonna make a thread like this at least post it.

i can’t remember it nor find it

On 6/20/2022 at 11:26 PM, sourtwink said:

i understand that feelings change but i’m so sick of artists doing this. you made the choice, own your ****. openly admitting to doing stuff that iSn’T yOu is literally admitting to selling out. believing in what you do and owning it is the difference between a legend (like madonna or gaga) and a fad. if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything i fear :coffee2:

You meant collaborating with a rapist then apologizing about that?

Lady Gaga on Twitter: "I stand by anyone who has ever been the victim of  sexual assault: https://t.co/67sz4WpV3i" / Twitter

tried too hard

Thank you for summarizing your career!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.