Trixie Mattel - 'The Blonde & Pink Albums'

Hephaestus

4 hours ago, P.O.P said:

This album is not on anywhere for me 

Ms. Mattel what are we doing

gettyimages-474025918-wide-0712d698a0b20

What streaming platform do you use? I see it on Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal (just checked the first three that came to mind).

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

one of the best album covers of all time tbh

cute and consistent :clap3: Hello Hello still best song

Agreed, the cover is genuinely something I would consider a classic.

Hello Hello is a whole ass bop and I’m convinced that if a MPG released it, it would’ve been a hit.

5 hours ago, VENUSWAVE said:

won't forget when the album was up on youtube for a full day a month ago and i've been bopping ever since trixcat.png

Barbara definitely remains as her best and most heartfelt album but this easily falls as her 2nd best, it's her campiest i feel, however This Town is like... a classic in the making

Girl I’m so mad I missed the upload that day, I could’ve been bopping to the whole time instead of searching for someone who saved the album that day and released it somewhere!

I’ve listened a few times and I think I agree with Barbara still being her best work. This one is a close second, definitely the campiest (she wrote most of the songs from a drag queen’s perspective for the first time). The singles are the best songs from the albums though, and in the exact order she released them.

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

Girl I’m so mad I missed the upload that day, I could’ve been bopping to the whole time instead of searching for someone who saved the album that day and released it somewhere!

I’ve listened a few times and I think I agree with Barbara still being her best work. This one is a close second, definitely the campiest (she wrote most of the songs from a drag queen’s perspective for the first time). The singles are the best songs from the albums though, and in the exact order she released them.

nooo, this thread didn't exist back then if not i would have sent trixcat.png

The singles are def the strongest ones but also let's not overlook the pop masterpiece that is White Rabbit, she absolutely needs to make it a single!!!

I do like (trixcat.png) the album but i find the campiness a bit overbearing, her iconic and beautiful ballads were definitely missed! i hope next she goes full folk and gives us an album full of Gold, I Do Like You, I Don't Have a Broken Heart, I Know You All Over Again and This Town, she's an excellent songwriter tbh

8 hours ago, VENUSWAVE said:

nooo, this thread didn't exist back then if not i would have sent trixcat.png

The singles are def the strongest ones but also let's not overlook the pop masterpiece that is White Rabbit, she absolutely needs to make it a single!!!

I do like (trixcat.png) the album but i find the campiness a bit overbearing, her iconic and beautiful ballads were definitely missed! i hope next she goes full folk and gives us an album full of Gold, I Do Like You, I Don't Have a Broken Heart, I Know You All Over Again and This Town, she's an excellent songwriter tbh

Ugh, I wish I opened this thread earlier then :'(

Still processing all the news songs, but White Rabbit is really good and I actually connect a lot with the message.

I definitely thought the albums being split between two discs was indicative of the genre though. I imagined The Blonde to be Pop leaning while The Pink more Folk/Country. I was actually a little disappointed that This Town and Vacation are basically the only stripped back, guitar lead songs as they're the ones where her voice and songwriting truly shine (in fact I'm a big fan of all the songs mentioned in your post). A Pop album was long overdue at this point and she gave us actual bops, so I'm not mad.

11 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

What streaming platform do you use? I see it on Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal (just checked the first three that came to mind).

YouTube Music.

The album is not on YouTube either.

fortunately saved album on my phone last night.

not feeling the big difference between double side as first 5 songs in B side are continuous from A side, more country element but its remain power pop as first side. if thats what she intended, then id get i shoud love positive jams rather than last two slow country because she actually seems wanted album to be all uptempo.

my fav are Goner and C'Mon Loretta for A side, Wake Up and Stay the Night for B side. put Weezer to shame all with only this project trixcat.png

Edited by Polgg48

3 hours ago, P.O.P said:

YouTube Music.

The album is not on YouTube either.

Very weird. Maybe they messed some things up when they uploaded the album on YouTube on April 29 (original release date) and now they need some time to fix it :michael:

11 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

fortunately saved album on my phone last night.

not feeling the big difference between double side as first 5 songs in B side are continuous from A side, more country element but its remain power pop as first side. if thats what he intended, then id get i shoud love positive jams rather than last two slow country because he actually seems wanted album to be all uptempo.

my fav are Goner and C'Mon Loretta for A side, Wake Up and Stay the Night for B side. put Weezer to shame all with only this project trixcat.png

Just finished reading this interview on the album. Really good, it helped me understand more what's the thought process about her songwriting and her persona in general.

Apparently the only difference between the two albums is the POV of who's singing/telling the story, with Blonde being from the side of Trixie and Pink from the side of Brian, not the sound/genre. I also didn't know anything about this and it caught me off guard.

Funny you mentioned Weezer because she was inspired by them!

6 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Just finished reading this interview on the album. Really good, it helped me understand more what's the thought process about her songwriting and her persona in general.

Apparently the only difference between the two albums is the POV of who's singing/telling the story, with Blonde being from the side of Trixie and Pink from the side of Brian, not the sound/genre. I also didn't know anything about this and it caught me off guard.

Funny you mentioned Weezer because she was inspired by them!

as long as songs are reflected of how happy she's been through on making this album, im literally happy for her too. i rarely check lyrics so i didnt notice what was going other than those bops. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.