Jump to content

FINA will introduce open category for trans athletes


Cloröx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Quote

The new policy, which takes effect Monday, will require transgender competitors to have completed their transition by the age of 12 to be able to compete in women's competitions.

I imagine anyone who supports this then also supports allowing trans people to start their medical transition as early as age of 12, yes (since such would effectively be a ban on trans swimmers if not)? :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How at 12 years old would you have the funds to transition unless your rich????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think it’s a good idea for children to change their bodies at 12…….:biblio:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who is transitioning at 12 :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tylerbv said:

Who is transitioning at 12 :rip: 

*completed transition by 12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Power love said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea for children to change their bodies at 12…….:biblio:

That's kinda the point. The people making this demand also believe that puberty blockers are child abuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Power love said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea for children to change their bodies at 12…….:biblio:

So then how can people qualify to compete if the act of meeting the criteria is deemed as bad too....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Communion said:

So then how can people qualify to compete if the act of meeting the criteria is deemed as bad too....

Why can’t they be a trans category and competition!? Trans ppl can have their own League which would be exciting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Power love said:

Why can’t they be a trans category and competition!?

Why should someone who can complete their transition to qualify for women's sports by these standards set by FINA be denied participation if they're able to qualify? If FINA says this is a realistic standard, why then argue that allowing people to transition at 12 is bad? Why would FINA make a standard that would then be bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate TERFs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Communion said:

Why should someone who can complete their transition to qualify for women's sports by these standards set by FINA be denied participation if they're able to qualify?

So you don’t like my own League idea? People need to stop begging republicans to accept them. 
 

Make your own!

 Do for your own! 

Show them you can be successful with your own! 
 

You don’t need them! I love the idea of a separate trans league! It will probably slay!

23 minutes ago, Communion said:

Why would FINA make a standard that would then be bad?

Because they know in most cases that’s not going to happen so it’s really their way of saying no!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Transitioning at 12???????????

The kids arent allowed to go to the bathroom during class but they're allowed to change their entire life?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Power love said:

So you don’t like my own League idea? People need to stop begging republicans to accept them.

FINA is an international organization, whose headquarters is in Switzerland, and the committee who came up with this rule located in Hungary. What do Republicans have to do with if someone has the right to compete with the sex their biology most resembles, this case being trans women resembling cis women more than cis men?

 

6 minutes ago, Power love said:

Because they know in most cases that’s not going to happen so it’s really their way of saying no!

So the entire point is to de-facto ban trans people? Sounds like the idea of segregating trans people into a separate league like they're proposing is inherently transphobic then.

Edited by Communion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sounds like the idea of segregating trans people into a separate league like they're proposing is inherently transphobic then.

It’s heartbreaking. I feel sorry for the people that way too be treated equally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Communion said:

I imagine anyone who supports this then also supports allowing trans people to start their medical transition as early as age of 12, yes (since such would effectively be a ban on trans swimmers if not)? :clap3:

Anyone who doesn't meet that criteria would participate in this new category

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Literature said:

Anyone who doesn't meet that criteria would participate in this new category

Yes, which would still count as a de-facto ban on trans people if transitioning at the age of 12 (like the standards demand) is deemed bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Communion said:

Yes, which would still count as a de-facto ban on trans people if transitioning at the age of 12 (like the standards demand) is deemed bad.

How is that a ban on trans people if they can still compete in the new category   :deadvision:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Literature said:

How is that a ban on trans people

It's a ban on trans women from the woman's category unless you support trans girl transitioning at 12.

What are you confused on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is the right move

Edit: Wait I just saw the 12 year old thing, that's messy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Communion said:

It's a ban on trans women from the woman's category unless you support trans girl transitioning at 12.

What are you confused on?

And what's wrong with that? You can't have your cake and eat it too, they very obviously have an advantage over biological women and it isn't fair and this is a good solution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Literature said:

And what's wrong with that? 

There's nothing wrong with it as long you support allowing trans girls to transition by 12. :clap3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Communion said:

There's nothing wrong with it as long you support allowing trans girls to transition by 12. :clap3:

Absolutely not wtf :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Literature said:

Absolutely not wtf :rip:

So then it seems FINA should re-examine the criteria that they used to determine 12-years-old as the arbitrary cut-off for when biological transition should be complete (them never stating what actually counts as a "complete transition" seems important - something like genital surgery would never impact physical ability so I can't imagine it'd be required in their definition of what is a "completed transition". Is it based on hormonal levels? What else?).

 

Even Lia Thomas, who right-wingers are obsessed with, was able to have her hormone levels brought to the level of your average cis woman in just 3-4 years of hormone replacement therapy at the start of her 20s.

Edited by Communion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

So then it seems FINA should re-examine the criteria that they used to determine 12-years-old as the arbitrary cut-off for when biological transition should be complete (them never stating what actually counts as a "complete transition" seems important - something like genital surgery would never impact physical ability so I can't imagine it'd be required in their definition of what is a "completed transition". Is it based on hormonal levels? What else?).

 

Even Lia Thomas, who right-wingers are obsessed with, was able to have her hormone levels brought to the level of your average cis woman in just 3-4 years of hormone replacement therapy at the start of her 20s.

It will never be an even playing field. Which is why they made the new category :rip: either take it or leave it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...