Chris Evans' Lightyear opens with only $51 million box office

Gwendolyn

oh i thought it was the other superhero chris in this, chris pratt. ig the latter is in...mario? hmm

maybe his netflix movie will do better.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• JBJT2786

• Gwendolyn

• Aristide

i simply dont go to the movie theaters anymore. overrated a** experience and US viewers dont know what staying quiet during a movie is. More than often, Im simply frustrated or distracted by the audience. Plus everything is overpriced. PLUS i bought a samsung projector so movie theaters are absolutely obsolete in my world.

prob the same for a lot of others for similar reasons. also the fact that we know disney + has the movies sooner than later. people who are actually avoiding it bc of a lesbian kiss need to get a grip on reality. their children are watching far worse on tik tok ill tell you that. 

2 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

i simply dont go to the movie theaters anymore. overrated a** experience and US viewers dont know what staying quiet during a movie is. More than often, Im simply frustrated or distracted by the audience. Plus everything is overpriced. PLUS i bought a samsung projector so movie theaters are absolutely obsolete in my world.

prob the same for a lot of others for similar reasons. also the fact that we know disney + has the movies sooner than later. people who are actually avoiding it bc of a lesbian kiss need to get a grip on reality. their children are watching far worse on tik tok ill tell you that. 

Yeah it takes a lot more for me to go to the movies now than it used to. 

Well since it’s banned in my country and other countries as well, we have no choice other than waiting for it to be released on Disney+ 

No one wanted Buzz Lightyear spin-off. Especially since it doesn’t follow the superior cartoon Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. 

1 hour ago, Power love said:

People really don’t want to see two women kiss. Very sad how backwards we are as a culture.

That's not why the movie failed

the movie is just not good

Minion coming in 2 weeks will kill this box office run, this might flop harder than Cars 2

10 minutes ago, johnzy13 said:

the superior cartoon Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. 

ugh STAN

42 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

Disney needs to STOP trying to be progressive in their kids movies.

There wasn't a need for there to be a gay kiss in the movie as it added nothing to the story or character development, making it feel forced in. It only created unnecessary controversy and for others to attack the movie and Disney. :swan:

This :clap3: 

Nobody wants a movie of a movie from a movie that's a movie from a movie :coffee2:

Disney is making it flop on purpose so theyll have an excuse to not have gay storylines anymore  :coffee2:

Also Toy story is overall overrated. 

mariah carey kiss GIF by RealityTVGIFs

1 hour ago, Aristide said:

But recent films all appear have to have flopped or disappointed at the box office including Raya, Encanto, Luca, Turning Red, Soul. That's a lot of "stinkers."

Turning Red and Soul weren't even released in theaters in most of the world. Only in places where D+ wasn't available. :skull:

This film was just an unnecessary cash grab so deserved. 

The Buzz Light Year of Star Command cartoon>>>

Isn't there a proper Buzz spin-off cartoon? They should have just made the movie based on that :rip:

26 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Chris Evans is not a box office draw I fear. MCU only.

Knives Out?

I hope it flops so they don't re-theme Space Mountain at Disneyland. :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

The unfortunate part is that the controversial lesbian kiss is likely going to be the reason to the minds of the Disney execs. I think there are countless other reasons to attribute to this underperformance, but this is the one that execs will use to inform their movie-making decisions moving forward.

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The unfortunate part is that the controversial lesbian kiss is likely going to be the reason to the minds of the Disney execs. I think there are countless other reasons to attribute to this underperformance, but this is the one that execs will use to inform their movie-making decisions moving forward.

No more LGBT content

+

No more "Grown up" themes

Only safe comedies from now on

9 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I hope it flops so they don't re-theme Space Mountain at Disneyland. :clap3:

THEIR DOING WHAT?? First Tower of Terror now THIS?

2 hours ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Ugh I'm still mad that Disney chose to put Soul, Luca and Turning Red as straight to Disney+ release back to back like what the f*ck!! :biblio:

Are you surprised they did all their POC movies like that?

3 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

A buzz light year prequel / origin story never seemed interesting. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the trailer, and I loved the toy story movies.

Tumblr: Image

to be fair, buzz lightyear isnt same fame as woody who isnt famous as other animated characters 

It was actually better than I expected and I loved it! Legend Sox did that!

The movie trailer looked boring and was not enough to caught the interest of children and not even young adults or adults that grew up with Toy Story… I mean it looked like a very basic and fast idea by Pixar to make money and obviously they seem to always win but not this time… 

the media talking about the kiss and the mixed critics about the film itself don’t help either 

The outrage over a kiss in a Disney/kids' movie when there's been heterosexual kisses in Disney movies since Snow White and Sleeping Beauty (and they were unconscious) :rip: 

It's only a problem when it's LGBT kissing :ace: So gay pecks are too sexual for kids but str8 ones aren't?

Homophobes act like they pegged in space or something

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.