Hayley Williams thanks Avril Lavigne for career

Cutthroat

16 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Is this her 1st time talking about Avril?? I don’t recall mentioning her in the past 

nah! I remember her being asked a lot about Avril in the beginning of the Riot promo cycle. They even covered a small portion of Sk8er Boi in 2006.

A Queen acknowledging another Queen, now collab :heart2:!

Edited by Red Hot Moon

11 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

abandoned their rock sound and went into that weird synth-pop/new-wave direction.:clownny:

same, I don't think it fit them very well. AL had some cute songs but anything from Riot and BNE slaps to this day :jonny5:

12 hours ago, HBK-79 said:

Which songs are you talking about?

I never understood why they abandoned their rock sound and went into that weird synth-pop/new-wave direction.:clownny:

AL is one of their best albums though.

After Laughter is Paramores peak. 

On 6/19/2022 at 4:52 AM, Schami66 said:

nah! I remember her being asked a lot about Avril in the beginning of the Riot promo cycle.

I find it strange that Paramore tried to distance themselves from the Avril comparisons back in the 00s, and today Hayley is praising Avril.:rofl:

And I always thought that Paramore stans hated Avril.:sistrens:

On 6/19/2022 at 7:41 AM, Squall said:

AL is one of their best albums though.

Like @ainadalkaz said, AL just didn't seem like their style.

And I don't get how AL wasn't called Paramore's 'sellout' album, while The Best Damn Thing was called Avril's 'sellout' album.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:37 AM, Jooj said:

I think if fits their lyrics much better. After Laughter has always been my favorite since its release, it felt like a trimmed down version of Self Titled except much more cohesive because it felt like they were finally brave enough to reinvent themselves entirely.

I didn't like ST either. It was a big clunky album with poppy stuff (Ain't It Fun) mixed in with their classic-sounding stuff (Daydreaming).

19 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

I find it strange that Paramore tried to distance themselves from the Avril comparisons back in the 00s, and today Hayley is praising Avril.:rofl:

And I always thought that Paramore stans hated Avril.:sistrens:

Like @ainadalkaz said, AL just didn't seem like their style.

And I don't get how AL wasn't called Paramore's 'sellout' album, while The Best Damn Thing was called Avril's 'sellout' album.

I didn't like ST either. It was a big clunky album with poppy stuff (Ain't It Fun) mixed in with their classic-sounding stuff (Daydreaming).

Because it wasn’t a sellout album…? It’s not because you want to explore new sounds that you sell out, especially when you drop an entire album about mental health and depression. It was a deep and mature album that wasn’t in the trend of what was popular in 2017. As much as I love Avril, you can’t compare it to TBDT which was just her working with Dr. Luke and making fun pop radio-friendly music.

Not people trying to call After Laughter a sellout album. I love Avril, but she could only dream about having an album like that under her belt. That critically acclaimed masterpiece is top tier Paramore. 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, Squall said:

Because it wasn’t a sellout album…? It’s not because you want to explore new sounds that you sell out, especially when you drop an entire album about mental health and depression. It was a deep and mature album that wasn’t in the trend of what was popular in 2017.

Fair enough. But the album was quite pop-ish, which is uncharacteristic for an 'emo' band like Paramore.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:03 AM, Cutthroat said:

That critically acclaimed masterpiece is top tier Paramore. 

In the end tho, I don't think AL sold that well.

Edited by HBK-79

On 6/18/2022 at 4:23 PM, HBK-79 said:

Which songs are you talking about?

I never understood why they abandoned their rock sound and went into that weird synth-pop/new-wave direction.:clownny:

I think after Jeremy left the band, Taylor became the main member of Paramore/he took more creative control (ever since self titled actually) 

hayley also talked about how they were influenced by new wave and older music plus she was tired of head banging songs

On 6/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, Jooj said:

I think if fits their lyrics much better. After Laughter has always been my favorite since its release, it felt like a trimmed down version of Self Titled except much more cohesive because it felt like they were finally brave enough to reinvent themselves entirely.

While I love self titled, I think some songs feel like they have rough edges and feel like they need it to be polished a bit 

and then AF is their best work yet, they keep outdoing themselves and AF feels like they are truly themselves and how they feel

Now give us the collab QUEENS

After Laughter is one of my favorite albums and I don't even stan Paramore. I'd kill for them to continue going down that route but I guess I'm in the minority?

After Laughter is Paramore’s best work and their most alternative. Synths don’t make a pop song. 

Two queens of pop-punk :clap3: Love seeing Avril get her dues lately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.