Dua dumps Kosovo for Albania then changes her mind

Iris

Dua Lipa’s dad and manager, Dukagjin Lipa moves the Sunny Hill Festival from Kosovo to Albania following political dispute.

"The Sunny Hill Festival made its debut in Kosovo’s capital, Prishtina, in 2018 and took place again in 2019, bringing artists like Miley Cyrus, Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix and Action Bronson to one of Europe’s youngest nations. Dua Lipa also was a featured headliner.

It is set to return this summer, but Lipa said late Tuesday that “after a long wait, many efforts, requests,” he’d made “a difficult but necessary” decision to stage the Aug. 4-7 event in Albania’s capital, Tirana. He said a political dispute between Kosovo’s ruling party and the one in power in Prishtina prevented organizers from getting permission to put on the festival.

He and the festival’s other directors had spent three years trying to convince the national government to allow them to manage a 17-hectare (42-acre) area of parkland and to build the appropriate infrastructure for the annual festival. They also did not receive permits for the August festival."

https://www.billboard.com/business/touring/dua-lipa-dad-sunny-hill-festival-kosovo-1235087744/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeyuXRpozet/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

UPDATE: It's been announced that the Sunny Hill festival is moving back to Prishtina this August with a different lineup for Tirana later that month.

96121655711018.jpg

Apart from names like Diplo and Mahmood the names of two "huge international acts" are yet to be revealed,one of them presumably Dua.

Tens of thousands of people from the Balkans and the rest of Europe come to Prishtina every year for the international music festival created by Dua and her dad.

Edited by Iris

I doubt this was an easy choice for them. They made this festival for Kosovo and to promote Kosovo, not their fault that the government suddenly decided to get pissy with them. 

They had to what they had to do

One of the last few threads on this topic and this artist got at one one user banned and the thread closed. Let me sit this one out. :coffee2: 

It's understandable Kosovo is fuming, but it's their own fault and their loss. Security and safety should always be the top priority

15 minutes ago, mystery said:

I doubt this was an easy choice for them. They made this festival for Kosovo and to promote Kosovo, not their fault that the government suddenly decided to get pissy with them. 

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

It's understandable Kosovo is fuming, but it's their own fault and their loss. Security and safety should always be the top priority

This!!! Nothing to add

Sounds plausible. Tirana isn’t that far away from Prishtina anyway. And Tirana is much safer.

This shouldn’t change anything for my fellow (Kosovar) Abanians :heart:

Edited by Patient Zero

These thread titles :rip: Like Dua is in charge of the festival :rip:

Kosova hasn't been safe for a good min. So the organizer is making sure their artists are actually safe.

Edit: just realized Duas Dad is the organizer :deadbanana2: points still made.

I would expect nothing else from the Greater Albania chanteuse :juanny:

Edited by LeMésTragique

7 minutes ago, LeMésTragique said:

I would expect nothing else from the Greater Albania chanteuse :juanny:

Wdym by that? Greater Albania is basically the unification between Kosovo and Albania.

OT: The way this is a fight between the two PMs of Kosovo and Albania and Dua is basically catching strays. 

3 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Wdym by that? Greater Albania is basically the unification between Kosovo and Albania.

OT: The way this is a fight between the two PMs of Kosovo and Albania and Dua is basically catching strays. 

It's time to check the map that she posted two years ago.

Just now, Watson! said:

It's time to check the map that she posted two years ago.

Do you really know what autochthonous means?

mine-whitney-houston.gif

So Rita Ora is gonna make an appearance :clap3: 

1 hour ago, idkwiam said:

Do you really know what autochthonous means?

mine-whitney-houston.gif

Yes. And I know that other Balkans are also autochthonous in this area.

Edited by Watson!

Ava Max should perform finally in Albania :jonny:

Looks like Dua and her dad are moving the festival back to Prishtina again after messing with the country's politicians :clap3:

96121655711018.jpg

28396ea00acb4f2823537adc2916f7c1.gif

The way Dua won and is now expanding the festival. Phew, her persuation can build a Nation :jonny:

I didn't know her father created a whole festival 4 years ago :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.