Ukraine Will NOT Be Hosting Eurovision 2023 UK To Be Potential Host!

BOOM!

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

This would be terrible. Ukraine deserves to have their moment regardless. 

Yup, that's why I said I expect Ukraine to feature, but you're not going to be able to convince any broadcaster they should spend the extremely large amount of money to host it and then not be able to put their own identity on it.

BBC could barely afford to host a British win tbh, nevermind donating hundreds of millions to put on an event for another country 

Edited by Benjamin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodflowers.

• MALAMENTE

• ZIVERT

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said. I hope the BBC don’t make it about the UK if they get to host - Highlight Ukraine and have Ukrainian presenters. :clap3:

I live in Glasgow so maybe I won if the Hydro tea is real. Let me start saving my coins :jonny:

Poor ukraine

hope the UK host next year like Sweden did 2016! Pretty neutralized and each country really shines, even in the postcard clips.

19 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Yup, that's why I said I expect Ukraine to feature, but you're not going to be able to convince any broadcaster they should spend the extremely large amount of money to host it and then not be able to put their own identity on it.

BBC could barely afford to host a British win tbh, nevermind donating hundreds of millions to put on an event for another country 

This. It will be a full BBC production if they are to host which will undoubtedly be an amazing show with several nods to Ukraine within it. 

An Ukrainian Co host could be a nice addition but I wouldn’t expect a lot more. However they absolutely won’t have a Problem with Costs after what they proved with the platinum Jubilee. 

1 hour ago, BadMonster said:

It'll either be the UK or The Netherlands I'm assuming. The Netherlands would be easier since they hosted recently + have the Covid plan ready + they're in the EU and on the mainland. With the UK trying to undermine their agreement with the EU, it's not the best plan to have it in the UK imo

Well i did not expect to be this emotionally triggered when i came into this thread today. Oh honey I miss EU.  

I hope Ukraine atleast gets some involvement in the hosting. A Ukrainian host or Ukrainian interval acts

Wbk since the moment Ukraine won that it wouldn't be there. This is the best solution

I hope it'll be in Edinburgh and not Glasgow tho, Glasgow is ugly af :rip:

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Don't care, just make the rule that slow boring ballads are forbidden from now on. This is not The Voice, this is about choosing best song. We want to have fun when watching Eurovision!

This is a major spill. I’m putting all the jury bait male ballads down the bottom of my list next year immediately

It should be a mix of both Ukrainian and UK.  I doubt the BBC will host if it has to be 100 Ukraine since it will be seen as a waste of taxpayers money.:rip:

Graham Norton and Glasgow 2023 here I COME!!

4 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

It should be a mix of both Ukrainian and UK.  I doubt the BBC will host if it has to be 100 Ukraine since it will be seen as a waste of taxpayers money.:rip:

Graham Norton and Glasgow 2023 here I COME!!

WAIT! We need him as a host. 

Hopefully that means we get British hosts and not boring Ukrainain ones (the hosts of 2017 were dreadful)

Someone like Alan Carr would ideal.

And maybe James Acaster as his sidekick.

Edited by bluceleste

Just as the UK started to do well in Eurovision again, the BBC will def sabotage their chances of winning if they are the host :rip:

I think it should represent 50/50 UK and Ukraine. After all BBC will be pouring out the money, so they would also want to showcase British culture on the show. I think that Zelenski could deliver a speech, but somehow that feels too political for me. But yeah, 50/50 ukranian and British hosts would be cool. 

Wait, so eurovision is not just ang song contest but showcasing the host country’s cultures etc? like the olympics? What will happen if Australia wins? Will the UK be the host again since the Queen is still their head of state?

Edited by dussel_06

They better get a Ukrainian host at the very least. They should let the Ukrainian EBU member work on the show if they're able to.

I hope there won't be any sympathy voting next year because that would ruin the show 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, mystery said:

WAIT! We need him as a host. 

I feel like Graham and Mel will clearly be two of the hosts.  The other hosts will be from Ukraine. 

UA:PBC already contesting this :skull: 

Kamaniets-Podilskiy 2023 :gaycat5:

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Don't care, just make the rule that slow boring ballads are forbidden from now on. This is not The Voice, this is about choosing best song. We want to have fun when watching Eurovision!

Yes! Eurovision needs someone like Camila cabello

36 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I feel like Graham and Mel will clearly be two of the hosts.  The other hosts will be from Ukraine. 

Dear lord no, Mel is annoying and a horrible presenter. 

Call Davina instead. Plus she can cover the French speaking requirement for the shows. 

If this goes ahead and the BBC is using its own money, it will be tricky to make it all about Ukraine, since the BBC is funded by British taxpayers. There would have to be a large element of British promotion too. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Dear lord no, Mel is annoying and a horrible presenter. 

Call Davina instead. Plus she can cover the French speaking requirement for the shows. 

If this goes ahead and the BBC is using its own money, it will be tricky to make it all about Ukraine, since the BBC is funded by British taxpayers. There would have to be a large element of British promotion too. 

Mel annoying and horrible? :gaycat6:

I think she's an obvious pick.  She's worked with Eurovision before, can speak French, and is well liked by most of the public. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.