Sky Ferreira about auditioning for Madonna's biopic

The Second Coming

madonna-sky.jpg?w=980&q=75

She has also had validation from her formative inspirations. Recently, she narrowly missed out on the role of Madonna in the official biopic. “It was the most surreal thing at first,” Ferreira says of the extensive auditions. She worshipped Madonna as a kid, and went to clubs and “talked ****” in order to get noticed as a teenager because that’s what Madonna did. “And it worked!” Ferreira sang Like a Virgin with her, wearing her clothes. “And she did my makeup! That was the best moment of my life.”

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jun/17/i-got-robbed-of-my-20s-sky-ferreira-on-fighting-her-record-label-and-refusing-to-compromise

Biopic would have been released in 2052. Sky would have played the Madonna of 2022. 

in another lifetime i would want this 

That’s an extremely long article and I don’t see where it mentions the Madonna biopic other than the headline. It doesn’t surprise me she narrowly missed the audition. She’s late to everything. As much as I think she’d be good for the role I wouldn’t want to wait 50 years to see it

Edited by Buffy

You read the article and this is what you took from it?  Not the part where said says, to her **** label

“You have literally ruined my life,” she says emphatically. “My life was taken from me. It’s not just like a job to me. It’s literally me.”

Ferreira has paid for her career “in every sense”, she says. “Financially, emotionally, physically.” She has chronic health issues including scoliosis and Lyme disease. 

She describes her experiences with Capitol since Night Time as “grey-listing”, and claims the label says people don’t want to work with her. “Well, no, they might not wanna work with you guys, actually,” she says. She says they call her “crazy, I’m mentally ill, I’m difficult, I’m unprofessional – oh, I’m a drug addict. That’s by far everyone’s go-to.” In 2013, Ferreira was arrested with her then-boyfriend, Zachary Cole Smith of indie band Diiv. Ferreira’s charges were dropped. Smith was her first real boyfriend, and “I somehow ended up paying more of the consequences for it.”

“It’s like being set up to fail,” she says. She has said many times that her label didn’t want her to release the 2012 single Everything Is Embarrassing, but she did it anyway and it became her biggest hit.

She trembles and coughs persistently, scratches her skin and tugs at her black dress. She does not seem well; it is not comfortable to witness.

“My label didn’t give me any [financial] tour support,” she claims. “Originally, I was told it was going to happen, at least from people I work with. Then I found out that that wasn’t the case less than a month before.”

Read this ****.  Her label is absolute trash to her, it’s actually disgusting.

8 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

madonna-sky.jpg?w=980&q=75

Ferreira sang Like a Virgin with her, wearing her clothes. “And she did my makeup! That was the best moment of my life."

:gaycat6:

Edited by Lover

11 hours ago, Archetype said:

You read the article and this is what you took from it?  Not the part where said says, to her **** label

Read this ****.  Her label is absolute trash to her, it’s actually disgusting.

omfg :biblio:

Thread this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.