Ana de Armas is Marilyn; to win Oscar

nostalgia

Netflix has debuted the first evocative footage from Andrew Dominik’s “Blonde,” starring Ana de Armasas Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe. The movie, based on the bestselling novel by Joyce Carol Oates, is notable for its NC-17 rating. The supporting cast includes Bobby Cannavale, Adrien Brody, Julianne Nicholson, Xavier Samuel and Evan Williams.

The official “Blonde” synopsis from Netflix reads: “[The film] boldly reimagines the life of one of Hollywood’s most enduring icons, Marilyn Monroe. From her volatile childhood as Norma Jeane, through her rise to stardom and romantic entanglements, ‘Blonde’ blurs the lines of fact and fiction to explore the widening split between her public and private selves.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/blonde-trailer-ana-de-armas-marilyn-monroe-1235296128/

Netflix? :rip: this should be on cinema

4 minutes ago, KKW said:

Another biopic…

I love it. Keep them coming

Surprisingly she does look like Marilyn from some angles :chick2:

But Ana's accent is still pretty noticeable :emofish:  

yeah she’s not even in the oscars conversation anymore lol, netflix reportedly hates this movie

The way nobody can let this poor girl rest in peace :deadbanana2: Also why is this NC-17, come on

Michelle Yeoh is gonna win. 

it's not even eligible for oscars cuz its streaming only...

This is gonna be more offputting to Oscar voters than even something like Spencer :dies: 

She really does look a lot like her though :eek: Controversial but will be a curious watch!

17 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

it's not even eligible for oscars cuz its streaming only...

Knowing Netflix, it'll get a limited theatrical release for at least a few days. 

Ana's talented, but the hype behind her in multiple projects is so enormous it's off-putting to the point of feeling forced. Some of it clearly is and I wish they'd stop.

Her bloodthirsty agent and team need to let off the gas, including her clearly bought off position I saw in the top 3 of IMDB's trending list about a month ago. 

You can tell they cast her by watching how much she looks like Marilyn when she laughs at the end 

9 hours ago, Scandalous said:

yeah she’s not even in the oscars conversation anymore lol, netflix reportedly hates this movie

It’s supposed to be premiering at Venice, but it’s weird that it’s release date is so early. I’d think they’d hold it until on November if they were seriously pushing  it for the Oscars. 

The last shot of the trailer was beautiful and haunting. I’m interested for now. 

QueenofCopyPaste

SHE SERVED

it's nc17 and apparently super weird so

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

it's nc17 and apparently super weird so

this is what intrigues me. it seems like they went all in without caring to make it palatable for the masses, which could be good.

this was going to be an oscar player for Netflix last year but the huge delay and this coming in september instead of november or december makes me think they have better ones. Maybe she'll get a nom for acting but that's it. September is too early for an oscar movie.

:rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.