BLONDE (2022) | Ana de Armas is Marilyn Monroe | Best Actress nom!

The Witch

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Witch

• Sharapov

• Leptine

• Blue Monday

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, The Witch said:

Ana coming to show Kristen how to do it right :WAP:  @Leptine

Can't wait, she's ready to wash that SNL parody :clap3:

On 4/19/2022 at 2:45 AM, Morissette said:

Very strange casting choice. Ana clearly has a latin accent :skull:

On 4/19/2022 at 6:16 PM, Morissette said:

Since this looked like a biopic, I imagine it would have been true to source material, in which Marilyn Monroe did not have a latin accent. Get your woke points somewhere else :biblio:

Apparently she convinced the director with the audition and then she did a big and exhausting work with the accent, she also re-dubbed some scenes according to rumors where the accent speaking wasn't perfect, her being a latina is not an issue, we'll see when the movie is gonna be out if she did a good job.

7 minutes ago, Universo said:

he's trying our oscar nominated girlie @State of Grace.

DRw1JrH.gif

anyways kinda excited for this

DRw1JrH.gif

The way they're already setting her up. Good luck having Godsten's acclaim and run.

But we will be supporting Ana anyways. The teaser looked good.

DRw1JrH.gif

On 4/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, Morissette said:

Since this looked like a biopic, I imagine it would have been true to source material, in which Marilyn Monroe did not have a latin accent. Get your woke points somewhere else :biblio:

the source material is a novel by joyce carol oates. it's fiction and pretty heady and not biography at all. there's three marilyn characters - norma jean, marilyn monroe, and "blonde" - and in the novel's world anyone can be "blonde" as it's a sort of myth/archetype. it's a pretty big device throughout so it's not that weird that someone of another ethnicity would be marilyn. my guess is it's intentional to visualize that rhetorical device. but idk! 

7 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

The way they're already setting her up. Good luck having Godsten's acclaim and run.

But we will be supporting Ana anyways. The teaser looked good.

DRw1JrH.gif

maybe the OKSH forgot what happened the last time they pitted another girlie against K$tew

DRw1JrH.gif

She doesn't look or sound like Marylin but I'll watch it anyway :gaycat2:

Ana looks and sounds incredible. I feel like this is going to be an even more polarizing movie than Spencer was but I'm dying to see it 

she looks amazing. the accent is still off but it wouldn't really matter that much if the performance is good. 

Okay so I’m reading the script and the impression it’s giving me is that of Perfect Blue, Black Swan, Serial Experiment Lain, etc. I don’t know how they’re going to go about it in the actual film, but it seems to be a psychological study; a film that will blur the lines between what is real and what is in her head. The concept itself seems interesting, and if done well could be intellectually stunning in the vain of Perfect Blue, but something tells me that won’t be the case. I feel like it will prioritise shock factor and gimmicks as opposed to actually trying to unravel the psyche of a star, and how stardom and Hollywood culture splinters a persons reality. The shock that general audiences will have going into this thinking it’s a Marilyn biopic only to be met with a RC17 arthouse psychological thriller. :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Okay so I’m reading the script and the impression it’s giving me is that of Perfect Blue, Black Swan, Serial Experiment Lain, etc. I don’t know how they’re going to go about it in the actual film, but it seems to be a psychological study; a film that will blur the lines between what is real and what is in her head. The concept itself seems interesting, and if done well could be intellectually stunning in the vain of Perfect Blue, but something tells me that won’t be the case. I feel like it will prioritise shock factor and gimmicks as opposed to actually trying to unravel the psyche of a star, and how stardom and Hollywood culture splinters a persons reality. The shock that general audiences will have going into this thinking it’s a Marilyn biopic only to be met with a RC17 arthouse psychological thriller. :deadbanana4:

I finished reading the book a few months ago (started last fall, it's looooong) and have looked at the script. Based on both, I personally wouldn't compare it to Black Swan, but instead Jackie and Spencer. 

:jonny5:

Looks great so far.

All the recreated movie scenes.

:jonny4:

1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

she looks amazing. the accent is still off but it wouldn't really matter that much if the performance is good. 

This :heart2:

Trailer is amazing, in certain frames she's truly physically identical, she embodies her perfectly and the accent is definitely fine.

The Oscar nomination seems on lock.

I'll watch but I'm not expecting much. The fictional book it's based on is raising a lot of concern. It's clearly exploitative (the movie's rating alone) and further degrading Marilyn's name and brand, which has already been disaggregated and tainted enough. Enough of the Monroe cosplay. And I say this as a fan. They're never going to let this woman rest, are they ?

Also, Marilyn Monroe hated being Marilyn Monroe. If she were alive today and saw how she's being depicted in these films, she would be disgruntled about these portrayals. The only MM movie that did a good job in both its content and portrayal was Michelle Williams in My Week With Marilyn. --- Kim K. supposedly wearing Monroe's original dress and then ruining it and now this distasteful film. The disrespect is quite jarring.     

The trailer looks good! It's uncanny how strong Ana's resemblance is to Marilyn physically in those shots :eek:

This looks beautifully shot. I can slightly hear what everyone was talking about with her accent but it honestly isn't that bad. So many actresses that play Marilyn usually go overboard with the baby voice but Ana doesn't. I'm excited to watch it through a fictional lens. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.