Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

4 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMg she butchered it!

:bibliahh:

Beyoncé’s lawyers have already contacted her to retract and renounce this at once

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

Finally came around to do a little review. :gaycat:

I'm That Girl 10/10 - a great opener, even though the highlight comes after the 2 minute mark.

Cozy 8/10 - the verses are better than the chorus, but overall a nice song. 

Alien Superstar 10/10 - the title hit the nail on the head. The song immediately pulls you into a fictional galaxy/universe world. Very BTW Gaga!

Cuff It 10/10 - this reminds me a lot of the Motown reign. The most soulful, r&b jam of the album. 

Energy 10/10 - very addictive, from verses to the chorus to the feature, I love it. 

Break My Soul 10/10 - one of the best house songs of the last years. It's the song with the most mainstream appeal.  

Church Girl 7/10 - it progressively gets better as the song goes on. Definitely a grower. 

Plastic Off The Sofa 8/10 - very nice, nothing more to say. 

Virgo's Groove 9/10 - a groovy, funk bop. Those 6 minutes pass over so quickly. 

Move 9/10 - we are always here for a catchy, confident bad b*tch anthem.

Heated 10/10 - reminds me a lot of Drake's dancehall era's from 2016 to 2018. Fantastic track. 

Thique 10/10 - a whole banger.

All Up In Your Mind 10/10 - this reminds me of Charlie XCX in the best way possible. 

America Has A Problem 10/10 - very Jackson like. 

Pure/Honey 10/10 - Pure gets better with each listen tbh. Honey is very cute and early Janet / Jackson 5-like as well. 

Summer Renaissance 8/10 - a cute closer and fun song to listen to every now and then. 

Overall: 9/10

This album is truly a skip-free career highlight and deserves all the praise it gets. I don't really care if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but the way every song flows into the other is a genius move and makes Renaissance her most cohesive work to date. The album resembles early Beyonce with a twist of current Bey, yet she manages to make it sound orginial and unique. She experimented while staying true to her own sound. This album has to be one of the best projects released by any pop girl in recent years, because I don't really remember loving or at least liking every single song on an album so much, there were literally no skips to be found and I rarely every experienced that. 

Also, love to see her proudly paying tribute to all of her idols with adding her own scent into the album. 

Now comes the challenge to not overplay this whole record in such a short span of time. 

It might be the recency bias, but Renaissance feels like her second best album already. :gayoncecat1:

9 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

OMg she butchered it!

:bibliahh:

WTF

yENlTW.thumb.png.c7ba7f026880bb13907e012

Break My Soul is the best song on the album.

Cuff It should be the next main single but they should ride the AS wave because why not. None of it really matters if she isn’t releasing a video or promoting it, she ought to do that for Cuff It.

28 minutes ago, Negi said:

This album is literally breaking my soul.

I’m not in the mood of listening slow songs for now so I have to admit I ALWAYS skip BMS (worst song ever), Plastic and Virgo (I don’t hate these at all I’m just into bop city for now) but LET ME TELL YOU : EVERY SINGLE OTHER S.L.A.Y.

Cozy is Lay Up Under Me x Naughty Girl x Dance For You

I just really love every single song tbh this album is so so amazing… it’s pretty up there to become her best in my ranking I cannot even believe it. i would have never thought she could be capable of beat B’Day

I was on the bop train too, heavy cardio days. Virgo caught me though, and once it gets you... oh baby....

TIP, TIP, TIP, ON HARDWOOD FLOORS

TEN, TEN, TEN, ACROSS THE BOARD

GIVE ME FACE, FACE, FACE, FACE, FACE, YAH!

YOUR FACE CARD NEVER DECLINES, MY GOD!

bye2y7gxi3kee.gif

Good evening to only Break My Soul stans that stanned from first listen without any switching

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

this album :jonny5: i'm obsessed :jonny5:  my god i love this woman 

--

when this album goes #1 in canada, i'm taking all the credit

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Edited by lxkewth

Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

Good evening to only Break My Soul stans that stanned from first listen without any switching

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Good evening to you too bestie

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

BEY IS BACK AND IM SLEEPING REAL GOOD AT NIGHT

2 minutes ago, 808s said:

Good evening to you too bestie

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

BEY IS BACK AND IM SLEEPING REAL GOOD AT NIGHT

The fact how the songs starts with "I'm about to explode, take all this load" and radio doesn't censor it will always make me laugh tbh

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

the transition from ENERGY to BMS is so simple but probably one of my favorite 5 seconds on the album :beatfreak:

15 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Good evening to us indeed :lakitu: I'm still stanning and playing Break My Soul!

Edited by glamrock<3

4 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

the transition from ENERGY to BMS is so simple but probably one of my favorite 5 seconds on the album :beatfreak:

Unpopular opinion but I think that’s one of the worst executed transitions on the album to me

4 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

It truly gets me every time.. I'm like whoa, I wasn't ready and it was effortless :eddie:

23 hours ago, Negi said:

Lmao when you will realize the album hasn’t even begun yet 

23 hours ago, Cain said:

Omg you're not ready for the Thique - All Up In Your Mind - America Has A Problem - Pure/Honey - Summer Renaissance run

I had to run some errands and now I'm back to listening. Plastic off the Sofa is a damn vocal showcase.  

After Plastic on the Sofa and up to THIQUE, for me, it's less party and more sensual, post-party, drenched in sweat but still want to dance with that guy I've been eyeing across the room the entire night before we steal away to a room and bang it out. 

THIQUE is one of those tracks that's I know I'm going to be listening to pretty much forever.  

Now onto All In Your Mind

22 hours ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Truly the peak of the album. :clap: :clap3: :flame: Back-to-back lashings.

20 hours ago, smoothkarmel said:

love this??

She did a great job, but when you see someone even mildly struggle with the timing and the rapid-fire runs Beyonce is doing, you can appreciate just how easy Beyonce makes it sound when it's, in fact, not easy at all. The accuracy and breath control. I know when people say that, it's usually some standard, basic, long-ass held note but the runs up and down the scale with key changes enmeshed in the arrangement is just crazy.

20 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

Plastic Off the Sofa just might be my favorite vocal performance of hers

Definitely stood out to me as one of her best arrangements and vocal deliveries. 

Whoever said this album had bland, watered-down production -- *****, WHERE? Plastic On the Sofa is so lush, it would end most MPG's careers. The production on this album from track to track, the layers, the harmonies. LORDT. The album feels like this amazing balance between being both tightly arranged and loose and improvisational. It's really a masterful balance.

The end of HEATED feels is both hilarious and crazy to hear Beyonce channel that kind of energy you'd only see in ballroom events.  

Once I finish the album and feel out what I sonically, I'm going to do another run with lyrics on-screen.

Edited by Ibrahim

So.. I received an notification that my box set (Pose 2) has finally been delivered :katie2:I shall rise my lazy self up and check my mailbox soon.. it came very quickly so I'm happy! 

Am I the only one thinking shes talking about her blowing technique on Pure? Anyway, it makes me feel things when she says it that way :jonny6:

I might be a bad ***** after all :fan:

14 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

I have arrived. 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

17 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Good evening

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Songs of the day for today are 

Virgo’s groove and Church Gay. I already gave BMS like 6 streams today 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

WHO DIS GYAL IN THE BACK OF THE ROOM

IT'S THE GROOVE IT'S THE YONCE GROOVE

bye2y7gxi3kee.gif

15 minutes ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

Unpopular opinion but I think that’s one of the worst executed transitions on the album to me

I know it's not a "smooth" transition like we get on the rest of the album, but it grabs your attention and then that familiar BMS beat comes in... :gaycat6:

but I have like 20 other moments on this album that I'm unhealthily obsessed with, so this might just be me.

I'm OBSESSED with every single song. Literally an skipless album. :jonny5: This was literally a Motomami experience for me. I hated the first single/song, but everything else is an absolute gem. What a legend.