Nebraska Rescinds LGBT Protections

Horizon Flame

Horizon Flame

A sign of the times? Just four months after unanimously voting to extend protections to sexual orientation and gender identity, the City Council in Lincoln, Nebraska has rescinded the city's Fairness Ordinance.

Upon the passing of the ordinance, a conservative group launched a petition to put the measure on the ballot -- and collected four times the signatures needed in just two weeks. The Council -- including two openly gay members – voted to rescind the ordinance because they knew it would be beaten back at the ballot box.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/nebraskas-capital-city-rescinds-lgbtq-anti-discrimination-ordinance-four-months-after-approval

:rip::biblio:

I'm surprised there are even two gay people in Nebraska. (open, that is).

45 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

The Council -- including two openly gay members – voted to rescind the ordinance because they knew it would be beaten back at the ballot box.

Imagine taking an L like this because if you don't, someone worse will come in and do even more damage.  America.

Y'all, its getting scary here....anyone know how to get Canadian citizenship?  

55 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’ve been trying to find out myself. I could be totally wrong but I did read you have to own property in the country for seven years to be legal, but like I said that was something I read before I became serious about it and not just browsing  

1 minute ago, woohoo said:

I’ve been trying to find out myself. I could be totally wrong but I did read you have to own property in the country for seven years to be legal, but like I said that was something I read before I became serious about it and not just browsing  

Honestly how is anyone supposed to own property in this economy?  Maybe I should consider the UK?  Its just hard because I want to be close to my family.  

America and its system can go rot in hell. We need another cold war apparently to take measures on their “2nd amendment” and what not. 

As a kid I always dreamt of moving there because the country has everything but unfortunately a country that allows it to go from OBAMA to tr*mp is the perfect portrayal of people and I am disgusted. Def not a dream of mine anymore. God Bless San Francisco. 

Why does a country that can never shut up about freedom always work so diligently to take those freedoms away? I wish I could go somewhere where the core of me wasn't considered up for debate

Horizon Flame
3 hours ago, byzantium said:

Honestly how is anyone supposed to own property in this economy?  Maybe I should consider the UK?  Its just hard because I want to be close to my family.  

The UK has its own problems. England has become Trump Land. The nationalism going on, not to mention the Brexit fallout, is a clusterf-ck. Canada had also clamped down on immigration. You’re pretty much stuck unless you’re willing to move to a non-English speaking country and let’s face it, there aren’t many countries that are doing well these days and many are way worse off than anything that is happening in the US. WWIII could break out at any moment. 

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/15/2022 at 7:43 PM, byzantium said:

Canada has expedited options for people who have professional backgrounds the Canadian government feels is economically competitive. I'm a computer scientist, so I would qualify. If you're fortunate enough to have a professional background that attracts the Canadian government, you could go that route. There are still hurdles to get full citizenship, but you'd be able to begin the immigration process.

I was looking into it more in 2020. Here's a link if you wanna read more:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

50 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Canada has expedited options for people who have professional backgrounds the Canadian government feels is economically competitive. I'm a computer scientist, so I would qualify. If you're fortunate enough to have a professional background that attracts the Canadian government, you could go that route. There are still hurdles to get full citizenship, but you'd be able to begin the immigration process.

I was looking into it more in 2020. Here's a link if you wanna read more:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Oh this is good.  At a quick glance I do qualify.  I'm going to keep this in my back pocket.  It would be nice though because I would probably need to move to Toronto given how specialized my industry is and that city is far closer to my family than were I currently live in the US.  

On 6/16/2022 at 12:49 AM, spree said:

they painted it as a Trans bill, go figure.

That’s probably why the dumb gays voted for it smh

On 6/16/2022 at 4:59 AM, Horizon Flame said:

England has become Trump Land. 

No it hasn’t :lmao: 

The exaggeration

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.