Russian Sanctions Backfire: NATO Countries Hurt More By Inflation As Result

ClashAndBurn

2 hours ago, Brishka said:

They are absolute scum. You get banned on this website for saying some mildly insensitive stuff, but they are allowed to create threads to shill for a terrorist state committing a genocide against Ukrainians (which has been officially recognized by Canada, the Czech Republic, Ireland and other countries). ATRL has also failed to ban a certain user who continues to deny the Uyghur genocide. The far-left continues to get a pass on this website for some reason.  

Canada doesn’t even recognize it’s own ongoing genocide against First Nations ppl. None of those countries recognize the genocide committed against ethnic Russians in the Donbass region from 2014 onward, something well documented by WESTERN MEDIA, before you get on me about Russian propaganda and Putin apologist or whatever the hell excuses Nato shills like you have. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• ClashAndBurn

• Brando

• ZIVERT

1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

825-B3-C84-42-E1-47-FB-950-B-CE6727-C632

literally liberals are so dumb. Sanctions have historically only strengthened the governments of their intended targets... Instead you get more suffering from the working class of those nations which ruling class can use to their own advantage. It’s nice that leftists give a **** about Russian people who don’t have a say in what their ruling class wants and are suffering the consequences. Western liberals are absolutely despicable in their careless disregard of the lives of average ppl. The irony of this is now Western nations are experiencing effects because they sanctioned an economy too large that theyre too entangled with... 

trying to make me feel any sort of sympathy for the average russian person after watching the majority of them condone the raping, bombing, and genocide of my home just isn’t going to happen babe. not to mention the average russian lived in 3rd world conditions before the war. I say sanction them harder :heart2: 

10 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

literally liberals are so dumb. Sanctions have historically only strengthened the governments of their intended targets... Instead you get more suffering from the working class of those nations which ruling class can use to their own advantage. It’s nice that leftists give a **** about Russian people who don’t have a say in what their ruling class wants and are suffering the consequences. Western liberals are absolutely despicable in their careless disregard of the lives of average ppl. The irony of this is now Western nations are experiencing effects because they sanctioned an economy too large that theyre too entangled with... 

Sadly, the average Russian supports this invasion. Actually, 71% of them do so and 97%  out of those think that Poland should be next on their list, which is a NATO country btw. So, when the majority of Russians supports Putin, they have to deal with the consequences and my empathy for them is on a pretty low level. 

Edited by ontherocks

Just now, ZIVERT said:

trying to make me feel any sort of sympathy for the average russian person after watching the majority of them condone the raping, bombing, and genocide of my home just isn’t going to happen babe. not to mention the average russian lived in 3rd world conditions before the war. I say sanction them harder :heart2: 

Trying to make me feel sympathy for the average Ukrainian person after seeing how they treated Indian and African students fleeing the violence in your nation partly brought on by your own Western bought oligarchs isn’t going to happen babe. I say let Russia continue taking over. 

^^see how ridiculous that sounds??? 
It’s the absolute lack of clear understanding of politics from yall. I’m not going to be a POS like you and still care that several average Ukrainian lives and Russian lives are being destroyed all for the whims of their ruling classes.  

3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Canada doesn’t even recognize it’s own ongoing genocide against First Nations ppl. None of those countries recognize the genocide committed against ethnic Russians in the Donbass region from 2014 onward, something well documented by WESTERN MEDIA, before you get on me about Russian propaganda and Putin apologist or whatever the hell excuses Nato shills like you have. 

Omg, a literal russian government hooker :skull: for anyone who has no ties to Ukraine, this post says all you need to know :skull: 

а ЧтО о ДоНбАсСе headass. Try telling that to the hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Ukrainians that had to run away from Russian terrorists in their own country in 2014 and again today in the Donbass region.

14 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

this

6 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Sadly, the average Russian supports this invasion. Actually, 71% of them do so and 97%  out of those think that Poland should be next on their list, which is a NATO country btw. So, when the majority of Russians supports Putin, they have to deal with the consequences and my empathy for them is on a pretty low level. 

You do realize that sanctions historically strengthen support from govs. Like Russia is getting its point proven in real time by showing its population that western sanctions are causing this economic downturn thus justifying their military actions against them even more. The cruelty of sanctions though is the point when they’re instituted by corporate consultant ghouls in mansions and fancy offices far away from war torn areas 

4 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Omg, a literal russian government hooker :skull: for anyone who has no ties to Ukraine, this post says all you need to know :skull: 

а ЧтО о ДоНбАсСе headass. Try telling that to the hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Ukrainians that had to run away from Russian terrorists in their own country in 2014 and again today in the Donbass region.

Right... it’s almost like shelling of the donbass region and mass mob violence affects everyone living in the area too!! Ukrainians and Russians alike! 
Again, Western media reported on the civil war prior to the Russian invasion. 

I thought the left wing position on Russia, and Ukraine was indifference. Just as white people will continue the indifference towards brown people suffering to this day as a direct result of American sanctions, and pillaging. 

Just now, Gov Hooka said:

Trying to make me feel sympathy for the average Ukrainian person after seeing how they treated Indian and African students fleeing the violence in your nation partly brought on by your own Western bought oligarchs isn’t going to happen babe. I say let Russia continue taking over. 

^^see how ridiculous that sounds??? 
It’s the absolute lack of clear understanding of politics from yall. I’m not going to be a POS like you and still care that several average Ukrainian lives and Russian lives are being destroyed all for the whims of their ruling classes.  

That can easily be blamed on the Indian and African governments, who - shockingly - have close ties with Russia and told their concerned students that they had nothing to worry about, and there would be no invasion. I literally have friends that were studying in Ukraine from Iran and Nigeria who were panicking because their governments wouldn’t help them find flights out of Ukraine, and wouldn’t discuss evacuation plans with surrounding European countries until well after the invasion started.

Anyways, this is a typical Russian diversion tactic. Just like during the Soviet Union when people questioned their ethnic cleaning and repressive tactics, they would divert to racism in the US because they know the average westerner knows nothing about the nuance and complexity of internal Eastern European problems. But racism, a problem minority cultures suffer with everywhere in the world, always gets westerners riled up enough to distract them from the initial conversation.

Russia, the russian government, and complacent Russian people are responsible for the destruction of Ukraine, the murder and rape of both Ukrainian and Russian-speaking Ukrainians, the collapse of Ukrainian and Russian society, as well as the impending food crisis that will severely affect India and the African countries you just tried to weaponize against me and Ukraine. Иди нахуй

And no, it wasn’t a civil war in 2014. It was the first part of the Russian invasion and occupation. Literal Russian propaganda on ATRL will never cease to not be funny :toofunny3: 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

It actually is if you decide to scold working class Americans for not voting for Biden or Democrats!

You're lashing out cause you *need* Biden to win? Well sis I got some good news for you then:

https://joebiden.com/volunteer-for-joe-links/

You best be convincing those suburban centrists who hate LGBT people that Biden is worth it because you will not be shaming the Democratic base to make another meaningless vote after more years of broken promises. :michael:

Knock them doors! :clap3:

I voted for Bernie in my state's primary and I don't even like Biden (nor do I *need* him to win anything).  It sucks that I agree with you 90% of the time and yet you still continue to come for people (me in this particular instance) who have the rationality to point out that we'd be in the same situation now with inflation regardless of who won the presidency because any sitting president would have imposed sanctions.  Making up a narrative about me is f-ing weird.

Just now, Gov Hooka said:

You do realize that sanctions historically strengthen support from govs. Like Russia is getting its point proven in real time by showing its population that western sanctions are causing this economic downturn thus justifying their military actions against them even more. The cruelty of sanctions though is the point when they’re instituted by corporate consultant ghouls in mansions and fancy offices far away from war torn areas 

Well, if the support increases then I am even more in favour of sanctions. If you think that the world is against you just for the sake of it, you will simply have to deal with the outcome. Russia's foreign affairs have stayed the same since the Soviet Union. Their goal is not prosperity, but simply to create a zone of chaos where they can build their strength and influence on. It is the responsibility of Russia to provide for its people and create wealth. If their actions are the opposite and even more Russians support it, then they deserve no better.

1 minute ago, ZIVERT said:

That can easily be blamed on the Indian and African governments, who - shockingly - have close ties with Russia and told their concerned students that they had nothing to worry about, and there would be no invasion. I literally have friends that were studying in Ukraine from Iran and Nigeria who were panicking because their governments wouldn’t help them find flights out of Ukraine, and wouldn’t discuss evacuation plans with surrounding European countries until well after the invasion started.

Anyways, this is a typical Russian diversion tactic. Just like during the Soviet Union when people questioned their ethnic cleaning and repressive tactics, they would divert to racism in the US because they know the average westerner knows nothing about the nuance and complexity of internal Eastern European problems. But racism, a problem minority cultures suffer with everywhere in the world, always gets westerners riled up enough to distract them from the initial conversation.

Russia, the russian government, and complacent Russian people are responsible for the destruction of Ukraine, the murder and rape of both Ukrainian and Russian-speaking Ukrainians, the collapse of Ukrainian and Russian society, as well as the impending food crisis that will severely affect India and the African countries you just tried to weaponize against me and Ukraine. Иди нахуй

The videos were there. Ukrainian and polish citizens and officers treating those students and black and brown ppl terribly. But curious how you want to blame a gov and not the ppl now that it fits your narrative but it’s the opposite when it comes to a population propagandized by a population to support a war, the same thing that happens in the US and its several wars, invasions, etc. Sanctions won’t have the effect you think they will and as you can see, they are now starting to affect ppl outside of Russia... 

30 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I voted for Bernie in my state's primary and I don't even like Biden (nor do I *need* him to win anything).  It sucks that I agree with you 90% of the time and yet you still continue to come for people (me in this particular instance) who have the rationality to point out that we'd be in the same situation now with inflation regardless of who won the presidency because any sitting president would have imposed sanctions.  Making up a narrative about me is f-ing weird.

Sis, I can understand your frustration, but you quite literally were calling Americans stupid because there was no answer you had to the reality that Biden is failing to improve his image and what the Democrats are offering.

You're being dismissive of the real material impact inflation is having on everyday Americans by falling on these talking points that aren't infallible. No, it's not actually necessary to get involved in Ukraine. No, we don't just have to lift our chin up and swallow it down and keep chugging along without complaining. You didn't say all of those things, but you said some of them along with the others being said by various users in here.

Also, you quite literally in your post theorize about "a select few pinning blame on Biden". Who's the one trying to paint a narrative? I'm sorry if you felt that a narrative is being made against you, but your post was very inflammatory and you're for some reason ignoring that something like me posting "wow! Biden seems on the ropes! he should pass popular policies to ensure he wins!" is met with 4+ users (not even Americans) screaming "SO YOU WANT UKRAINIANS TO DIE???", "**** YOUR STUDENT DEBT!!", "TANKIES!! FAR LEFT!!! COMMUNISTS!!!". :skull:

You've still yet to answer to how Biden could have done a myriad of things to soften the blow of inflation, whether directly related to energy, or even just creating a distraction. But instead, you're dismissing criticism of him as a conspiracy and painting some narrative that poor Americans should shut up and suck it up. I get how hopelessness can lead to irrational defense and wanting to think Biden can do better, but from your posts I know you're way smarter than this and to be baselessly defending Biden in ways he does not deserve.

9 hours ago, A Bomb said:

Why are countries that gave even more money not facing higher inflation?

no offense, you sound kinda ignorant parroting nonsense like that!

Which other country gave more than 10 trillions in handouts? 

7 hours ago, Archetype said:

They just don't get it. I would have loved Bernie to win as well, but they need to let go of that fantasy because it's never happening. Biden is getting a lot of heat like any leader would in times of trouble, but 90% of the stuff he gets blamed for is not even his fault or under his control (particularly without senate majority). 

r*ssia's top economists: we are ******, there's a severe economic crisis, things are not going back to normal, russia's GDP is expected to drop by at least 16%.

ATRL tankies: western sanctions do not work. 

Edited by Brishka

5 hours ago, Brando said:

They just don't get it. I would have loved Bernie to win as well, but they need to let go of that fantasy because it's never happening. 

Literally no one is talking about the 2016 and 2020 elections, you sycophants. :skull: The vast majority of Americans are criticizing Biden for failing to fulfill campaign promises. 

At one point just drop the gaslighting and admit you hate poor peopoe which is why you feel so comfortable defending politicians who harm them. It's tiring at this point. 

Not a Saagar tweet ?

15 minutes ago, Communion said:

Literally no one is talking about the 2016 and 2020 elections, you sycophants. :skull: The vast majority of Americans are criticizing Biden for failing to fulfill campaign promises. 

At one point just drop the gaslighting and admit you hate poor peopoe which is why you feel so comfortable defending politicians who harm them. It's tiring at this point. 

This is not Russia though. The president is not a supreme leader in control of everything. Plus you bunch also pretend like covid never happened. 8% inflation isn't the end of the world. Try 80% inflation like in Turkey. The job market is thriving. Financial institutions aren't exposed to as much risky debt as they were 15 years ago. The economy isn't doing that bad compared to most other places. And yet you're all pointing fingers at just one guy. I didn't even read your previous response to my post tbh

Isn't consumption in Russia at a big, if not all time low?

1 hour ago, Brando said:

This is not Russia though. 

Do you not understand what an executive order is???? It's tiring at this point. Y'all serve no purpose than to sow chaos and be a disrupter. The Democratic Party could be thriving yet we have proxy Republicans and DINOs perpetually talking nonsense to cover up an attempt to ratfuck the progressivd base of the Democratix party and try and force us to the right. 

Biden: *literally ran on progressive campaign promises to young people who were why he got elected*

Biden's approvals: *tanking because he has failed to act on those promises, including many he has the sole authority to act on himself*

Progressives: "Biden should save his term and listen to progressives"

You and others carrying water for his failures: "ugh accept your fantasy that Bernie can be president is not happening!!!! Russia loving communists!!!"

???

This is insane. I'm in the upside down. 

Progressivism is the only pragmatic ideology. You're quite literally advocating nonsensical centrism that only further strains inherent market-based contradictions in capitalism that perpetuate human suffering. 

"I didn't read your post" - no one is shocked. Centrists destroy the Democratic Party over and over again and then stick their fingers in their ears, ignoring the reality of what they did. Centrists' worldview and ideology is bad and wrong and outdated and it is destroying the Democratic Party by forcing us to cling to "moderate" ideological fantasies. 

Centrist saboteurs like those defending Biden and destroying the Democratic Party will be why Trump wins. Centrist saboteurs will be why women who need abortions end up dying. Centrist saboteurs will be why LGBT youth are hunted down and terrorized until they kill themselves. Centrist saboteurs are holding what is a PROGRESSIVE political base hostage and will drive the party we occupy to its doom, dooming us all. 

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Isn't consumption in Russia at a big, if not all time low?

Dunno. Ask our resident communionists 

4 hours ago, Communion said:

What’s tiring is you who is apparently never ever wrong, always has to argue with everyone and constantly tells people who disagree with you they hate the poor :rip: 

3 hours ago, Brando said:

I didn't even read your previous response to my post tbh

You didn’t miss anything important tbh. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.