Predictions for America in 2022 and 2024 thread

hurricane326

The two major tickets (Germanotta/Rodrigo and Knowles/Lipa) run a BRUTAL campaign. The electoral college is neck and neck, and the vote comes down to Florida, which by now has banned so many words they can’t figure out who won. Shakira escapes from jail to become the face of a rebellious movement promising change. Eilish/Sanders claim they can still win somehow. Recording devices are found in Haus Labs (#GaGaGate). Russia starts a disinfo campaign on TikTok insisting Good 4 U is bigger than Levitating which widens the massive polarization. The election remains undecided, but Nicki insists she actually won the election and the real numbers come out on Sunday. 

2 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

In regard to Congress and the Presidency only:

2022:

House: Republicans will take it. If this somehow stays Democrat that would be a miracle or something extraordinary happens in the next few months before election day to turn Democrats around

Senate: I think it will stay 50/50 honestly as much as some are calling for disaster. Don't get me wrong, I think it is still VERY possible the dems can lose the Senate, even by a good amount of seats, but I think for the Senate it is in a unique place even though Dems themselves are in a very bad place right now. Particularly in close elections I think NV will go Republican, Arizona will stay Dem, GA and PA will go Dem, Wisconsin will be Republican, and otherwise things will probably stay the way they are. I live in Ohio and I think Tim Ryan actually has a better chance than many think he does. He is very popular and the other candidate is not well liked and sorta extremist who is overly relying on using Trump's name without being Trump. But in an election heavily favoring republicans in an ever growing republican state that used to be more swing state it will for sure be an uphill battle for Tim Ryan. As sad as it is, his anti-asian sentiment he has given off may help him steal moderates :rip:

2024:

Congress: This is far too hard to predict. I need to see the 2022 results first and as always it will depend how the country is at that time, what have Democrats done (if anything, which I doubt it) by then, how are political tensions, and if Republicans take Congress what will they have done if anything, and more. 

Presidency: This is also extremely hard to predict even working under the assumption Biden runs again. It will heavily depend on if Trump is the candidate or not. And much like the conditions stated about Congress, the same applies here. If America continues on the path it has been on of continually deteriorating and every day Americans keep struggling, Biden's only chance is to be up against a truly awful candidate. If by then things are okay or even by some miracle good, he will probably be fine unless Republicans have an amazing candidate. 

Assuming it is Biden vs. Trump I would say Trump would only win if at that time Democrats have not done anything substantial and America has only deteriorated more and more till then. If things end up in an okay to good state I think Biden would barely survive on flashing about January 6, impeachment, all of Trump's wrongdoings, COVID, fear mongering of I am not Trump, and highlighting any of the things they did that helped bring them back to that okay to good state. 

Assuming it is Biden vs. Desantis, this one would be tricky. If the country is not doing well Biden will be completely demolished most likely. I could see Desantis getting even as high as 330 electoral votes. If the country is in an okay state at the time and Desantis isn't too extreme and manages to be appealing to moderates I can see him still winning by a more nominal margin, something maybe like Trump or Biden won by in 2016 and 2020. If by some miracle the country is doing well and Desantis goes too extreme and turns off moderates Biden will probably be fine. 

I could go into more all day but those are some general predictions and thoughts

DeSantis will NEVER lose to Biden, lol. :ace::toofunny3:

10 minutes ago, spree said:

Eh, it could happen if Trump decides to be a sore loser and spoil the race in the event he loses the nomination somehow. Doesn't seem too likely, however...

Just now, spree said:

Most likely no he won’t if things keep up this way. But if by some Miracle (like I said) by 2024 the country is in a good state in terms of economy and peace or maybe even okay state Biden has incumbent favorite and most who vote based on performance not party tend to vote based on how the country is at the last minute. Also if republicans take congress and do nothing or try to pass awful laws, that will anger people too giving some sway back to dems. Desantis may be popular for now among the loud people online, but he barely won Florida (in an increasingly red state anyway) initially and has pissed many off. You put him on a National stage and attack him like people did trump and you attack republicans for January 6/Abortion/eliminating a black district and much more, and if he shows more of his extremism and scares away the moderates like trump did, it’s not as difficult as people might think. 

Biden is widely unpopular that is not debatable. However, when you force people into a hard situation like Trump vs Biden, things aren’t what you always expect. Yes Biden has awful approval, but if people see the alternative as worse they will pick who is less worse. It is easy to get caught up with online poll numbers and reading loud mouths online, but it disconnects reality from a huge portion of the population who vote who dont look into that stuff and aren’t loud. Most voters don’t care about passing far left social rights laws, nor do they care about far right extremism. They just want their jobs secure, their money doing well, and they feel peaceful. That is a large part of Biden’s appeal in 2020. To many he was their hope for a return to “normal.” Even if he does nothing in terms of progress but in 2024 things are decent and the Republican is an extremist people will not want that back again either. Especially since trump’s initial appeal was he’s not a politician. Desantis is a politician. You can give republicans back Nevada, Wisconsin, the single Nebraska district, and Georgia and Biden still wins.

I think this forum can sometimes be too gloom and doom and short sighted. 2024 is far off and much can happen by then. Politics has gone back and forth between the parties forever. People who claim democrats are “done forever” if they lose are ridiculous. Even if they’re out for 8 years they will come back eventually. Recessions and inflation are not new, losing congress is not new, losing the presidency is not new, foreign relations problems are not new. It will be okay. The second anything flips the entire online narrative will flip about how republicans are the worst and can’t govern and it will flip again and so on

6 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

However, when you force people into a hard situation like Trump vs Biden, things aren’t what you always expect. Yes Biden has awful approval, but if people see the alternative as worse they will pick who is less worse.

Again. Trump is favored to win if the election were to be held today. Biden's approval rating is lower than Trump's was at this point in HIS presidency AND after Trump said white supremacist Nazis were fine people.

After Biden gets hit with impeachment after impeachment with Hunter's corruption and nepotism taking the spotlight, it is... really unlikely that his popularity bounces back.

Liberals are living in fantasyland. It's kind of shocking to see how divorced from reality you guys are. Biden isn't just unpopular. He is DEEPLY HATED, and that isn't going away in 2 years, as much as you might want it to.

23 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Again. Trump is favored to win if the election were to be held today. Biden's approval rating is lower than Trump's was at this point in HIS presidency AND after Trump said white supremacist Nazis were fine people.

After Biden gets hit with impeachment after impeachment with Hunter's corruption and nepotism taking the spotlight, it is... really unlikely that his popularity bounces back.

Liberals are living in fantasyland. It's kind of shocking to see how divorced from reality you guys are. Biden isn't just unpopular. He is DEEPLY HATED, and that isn't going away in 2 years, as much as you might want it to.

His really only hope is to make weed legal across America right before the election cycle starts roaring in.  That’s his hail-Mary.

17 minutes ago, spree said:

His really only hope is to make weed legal across America right before the election cycle starts roaring in.  That’s his hail-Mary.

How is that of all issues his Hail Mary?

13 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

How is that of all issues his Hail Mary?

cuz it might spur young people to vote.

my only prediction is that there is NOT going to be a 2024 General Election. or it will be a joke that no one takes seriously at that point.

14 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

my only prediction is that there is NOT going to be a 2024 General Election. or it will be a joke that no one takes seriously at that point.

Why wouldn't there be? If anything, there'll be a 2024 election, in which Trump wins fair and square because, well, Biden sucks. I'd honestly expect Trump to even win the popular vote at this point.

18 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Why wouldn't there be? If anything, there'll be a 2024 election, in which Trump wins fair and square because, well, Biden sucks. I'd honestly expect Trump to even win the popular vote at this point.

Aren't you underestimating Biden support? I know Trump has a very strong base, but also a lot of people who really hate him.

I know that it will never happen because of the egos involved and because it isn’t “good politics,” but at this point I feel like the best path forward would be for Joe Biden to announce his retirement in December and let Kamala step into the presidency in January. 

1. Biden’s reputation / ratings recover because people like that he made a difficult personal decision for the good of the nation. They can feel good about “uncle Joe” again. He leaves office with his dignity mostly in tact. 

2. The Democrats have a “soft reset” as Kamala ascends to the presidency, allowing a “fresh start” narrative to kick in. The media gets caught up in all the hoopla about a new President and VP, perhaps distracting from the Democrats’ failings for a bit. 

3. Kamala goes into the 2024 election cycle with some incumbency bias, which is an advantage she’d certainly need. This is probably the DNC’s best shot at forcing Kamala on us even though Democratic voters don’t really want her. And if her “trial run” in office goes poorly, it opens the door to a livelier 2024 primary than we’ll get with Biden running again. 

4. Kamala would still be eligible to run for reelection, so we could potentially get 10 years of her in the White House if everything works out well. She wouldn’t just be a lame duck. (I cannot imagine this ever happening, but it’s possible). 

5. They get to appoint a new VP, which could go any number of ways. Perhaps they bump Pete Buttigieg up to continue grooming him for another POTUS run (plus it prevents him from running against Kamala, so it would be a proverbial stacking of the deck). Chris Murphy would be a solid pick, as a “safe” young straight white guy who can appeal to the middle class and is the driving force behind the gun control legislation that will possibly end up being the greatest success of Biden’s administration. They could really go anywhere with this, but the party being what it is... They’d probably make some useless choice like Tim Kaine. 

6. Biden can avoid an impeachment scandal if the GOP takes back the House.

It’ll never happen, but how I wish it would. 

26 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Aren't you underestimating Biden support? I know Trump has a very strong base, but also a lot of people who really hate him.

Nobody supports Biden, other than cult-of-personality types that actually stan his joke of a Vice President, which is honestly his problem. Trump is hated, yes, but more people hate Biden and find his doddering old man persona to be an embarrassment to the country and a sign that he’s not up for the moment that we’re currently in.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, Brishka said:

If this happens, the far-left is to blame for this. They want Republicans to take your away your rights just because Biden won't give them free stuff.  

Imagine using GOP talking points while acting like you hate them. :bibliahh::bibliahh:

On 6/15/2022 at 9:37 PM, ☆lex said:

The two major tickets (Germanotta/Rodrigo and Knowles/Lipa) run a BRUTAL campaign. The electoral college is neck and neck, and the vote comes down to Florida, which by now has banned so many words they can’t figure out who won. Shakira escapes from jail to become the face of a rebellious movement promising change. Eilish/Sanders claim they can still win somehow. Recording devices are found in Haus Labs (#GaGaGate). Russia starts a disinfo campaign on TikTok insisting Good 4 U is bigger than Levitating which widens the massive polarization. The election remains undecided, but Nicki insists she actually won the election and the real numbers come out on Sunday. 

:hoetenks:

---

- Leading up to the election, a 2020s equivalent to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" becomes a major point in the election as a way to set up major damage to LGBT rights. 

- Democrats fumble the election beyond belief to the point of farce. Polling in the pits, voters heckling, the nominee gets smoked, party in complete shambles. Biden and Kamala get universally deemed as some of (if not theeee) weakest leaders of the Democrat party in recent history. Although, all of this could lead to the development of a promising progressive party. 

- DeathSantis wins the presidency by a landslide unless he somehow isn't the nominee. Assuming he does, he gets 2 full terms and massively rolls back civil rights. Gay marriage gets overturned and there's possibly some form of criminalization aimed at queer/trans people. Abortions get banned and birth control gets banned by state. Surveillance aimed at minorities. Full Gilead with echoes of 1940s Germany. We enter a new truly dark period of American history. 

- While it seems like smooth sailing for DeathSantis' wave of destruction, he gets hit by a huge scandal at some point that almost kills him for a moment in time. 

- Major assassination attempt and surging violence in general

- The country gets the closest it ever has been to another Civil War. Potentially foreign intervention depending on how far it goes. 

- After whatever period Republicans lead us through, America either falls apart or the pendulum swings back and we slowly rescind a lot of rollbacks in an effort to act like it all never happened. 

6 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Although, all of this could lead to the development of a promising progressive party. 

This part of the post gave it away as being fiction rather than a realistic prediction :) 

There will never be a viable progressive party in America. The only thing that could make it possible is if the Democrats actually got taken over from the inside, but they fight WAY harder against progressives than they do against Republicans so that's not going to happen.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:20 PM, ClashAndBurn said:

I honestly think people put WAY too much stock into polls and approval ratings. They give some of the picture of things, but miss so, so much. Biden is not DEEPLY HATED. The majority of people taking polls think he is doing a poor job and do not like how their lives are financially and in turn blame him. So disapproval of his job, not some like personal deep seeded loathing of him. The dramatics.

Trump's numbers were honestly inflated by a psychotic cult in polls let's be real. Biden does not have that cult so naturally them sinking lower makes sense. Approval %s do not equate to winning elections. Otherwise Mitch McConnell and many more would not be in office. There is much more to it. And it is very possible in 2 years the US could be a very different place. It very well also could not be better, but you literally have 0 idea. I swear you want the US to fail because you personally have some crazy personal vendetta against Biden for some reason it seems to be involved with your every thought and being based on how much you post in politics and how it always involves Biden and Democrats. Go outside you will be okay. 

1 hour ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I honestly think people put WAY too much stock into polls and approval ratings. They give some of the picture of things, but miss so, so much. Biden is not DEEPLY HATED. The majority of people taking polls think he is doing a poor job and do not like how their lives are financially and in turn blame him. So disapproval of his job, not some like personal deep seeded loathing of him. The dramatics.

Trump's numbers were honestly inflated by a psychotic cult in polls let's be real. Biden does not have that cult so naturally them sinking lower makes sense. Approval %s do not equate to winning elections. Otherwise Mitch McConnell and many more would not be in office. There is much more to it. And it is very possible in 2 years the US could be a very different place. It very well also could not be better, but you literally have 0 idea. I swear you want the US to fail because you personally have some crazy personal vendetta against Biden for some reason it seems to be involved with your every thought and being based on how much you post in politics and how it always involves Biden and Democrats. Go outside you will be okay. 

Nearly 2/3 of voters in Pennsylvania disapprove of Biden, yet Fetterman is such a strong candidate he is defying the odds even with Biden’s noose tightly around his neck. You liberals are coping so hard :ahh: