I stopped stanning celebrities....

Bencharmer

I "stanned" quite some singers, actors and influencers in my life.

Over the years, i realised it was quite an unhealthy behaviour. From the "die hard stan" syndrome to "trying to identify to him/her/them."

Right now, when it comes to singers, i just care about the music and that's it. I prefer seeing them as people who bring you a service (good music) rather than as idols to worship.

I think it's important to consider them as equals to us. Consciously or subconscious, most of us take them as superior entities (and ofc the industry game is to make us feel so)

Ok?

It's hard, I fold upon seeing a super attractive individual and glorify them :cries:

I truly stan Dua but I agree with the last bit, I see her more as someone I’m really grateful for bringing me such a level of entertainment continuesly than as someone I worship. However I do greatly admire her work ethic and politics and try to bring that into my own life

Congrats, you overcame stan brain rot, you'll be happier on the other side. None of this stanning matters when the planet will go to sh*t in a few years and governments are gonna collapse worldwide because of climate change induced civil wars :1stplace:

Edited by Arthoe

1 hour ago, Bencharmer said:

I "stanned" quite some singers, actors and influencers in my life.

Over the years, i realised it was quite an unhealthy behaviour. From the "die hard stan" syndrome to "trying to identify to him/her/them."

Right now, when it comes to singers, i just care about the music and that's it. I prefer seeing them as people who bring you a service (good music) rather than as idols to worship.

I think it's important to consider them as equals to us. Consciously or subconscious, most of us take them as superior entities (and ofc the industry game is to make us feel so)

They will never think of us in the same way, hun.

it is indeed a very healthy lifestyle :clap3:

some here should take notes

Lol they are very much our equals and in a way they are jesters for us but somehow we allowed them to make more money than most of us.

It happens the older you get. :michael:

Different priorities and you grow up to be your own person.

Ye I realised that in my teens. No one is worthy of "stanning". I have my faves, but I don't owe them anything

4 minutes ago, Brando said:

Ye I realised that in my teens. No one is worthy of "stanning". I have my faves, but I don't owe them anything

Its pretty much a "parasocial collab"...

We give them streams, money, praise and add a brick on the path that make them famous. In exchange they give us music, emotions, visuals...

Edited by Bencharmer

you dropped stan culture bullshit, congratulations! it's always a great feeling

It happens once you get older and have a job/life/etc. Of course not everyone is like that. See BTS army leader miss rafael (something) for example :skull: its also not a good thing to take stanning seriously once you're an adult :baseball:

I stopped stanning ages ago, even my own faves. Now I just laugh at all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Save My Life said:

I stopped stanning ages ago, even my own faves. Now I just laugh at all of them. 

tumblr_m2c7x8eROR1qglol7o1_250.gif.a2974

:heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.