Hot take: Bjork actually sucks, why?

fauxtography

Question for the culture  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Bjork sucks y/n

• Yes
    • No

Not everyone has the mental capacity to enjoy music that isn't specifically designed to be easily digestible. That doesn't make her music bad :heart2:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

8 hours ago, Yog said:

Oh honey, do yourself an favor and expend your musical tastes,  there’s more in music than mostly good but very predictable & formulaic from Taylor Swift…

8 hours ago, Jjang said:

ur used to basicness

8DCA96E6-5EFE-4488-96ED-B5FADF59CF24.thu

8 hours ago, mellenthin said:

this is literally the answer to all of these basic avi ho3s, they haven't expanded their music taste in the slightest

Music should make you feel something and I have yet to be moved by a single one of these experimental hyperpop whatever albums. It just sounds like noise to me lol.

I listen to plenty of music outside of Taylor too I haven’t listened to a song of hers in like a couple weeks :hoetenks: I’m also not dragging anyone in paticular just a general statement 

9 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I dont listen to Bjork because her music does not appeal to me in any way shape or form and thats not disrespectful it just isnt what i like

Music can be more than Charlie Puth, do your ears a favour

17 hours ago, Price of Fame said:

thankfully you'll all be dead soon while bjork's music will live on forever 

:skull:

Whew what a rollercoaster ride of a thread :deadbanana4: keep it going, girlies! 

She's not one of my faves, but I'll tell you one thing, she's a living legend, her artistry is pretty fascinating. Sure her music is hard to digest, but it's pretty immaculate once you get there, I love the way she expresses emotions with her unique voice, and lyrically is way more interesting than most stuff right now.

And yes, I agree, "Joga" is a beauty indeed.

51 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Not everyone has to like her music. Some people prefer Charlie.. what’s wrong with that? No one’s music is OBJECTIVELY good these are just opinions. 

Björk has her misses, namely her work post-Medúlla bar Vulnicura, which is... middling sometimes. Even though she's my fave, I get why someone wouldn't enjoy her music much - mostly because her voice is marmite and I get why someone wouldn't enjoy it, beyond that I feel like she gets too caught up in concepts that are just doomed to be mediocre from the get-go because she thinks it suits her artistic vision (she loves being weird lbr) and they don't really work outside of a select few songs (which I think speaks to her quality honestly? even when she has the weirdest soundscapes for an album she can still pull out some great songs, like Losss or The Gate on Utopia); that being said, her peaks (Homogenic/Vespertine/Vulnicura for me) feature great songwriting, production, melodies (yes despite being low-key, tho imagine listening to Björk for melodies ddd), vocals, etc.

All of this being said, it's not surprising that the generic white gays, who probably secretly bop to Justin Bieber and who couldn't possibly enjoy a song if it wasn't produced by Dr. Luke or Max Martin, RAN out of the woodwork when someone finally said what they've been wanting to declare for so long. The issue isn't even not them liking Björk, which I completely get, she's not for everyone, but then they get brave and delusional thinking everyone who genuinely enjoys her is "lying for clout"... what? what kinda clout? where? how would that benefit anyone whatsoever? And making up **** about her songs not having melodies because they don't have hooks you can bop to or easily digestible autotuned vocals :skull: WORMS, I like generic pop as much as the next gay, but it makes NO sense, just say it's not for you and go bop to kim petras and sniff some poppers, nothing wrong with that. :heart:

Edited by Aquamarine

I don't think she sucks but I can't get into her the way I can with other acclaimed alt artists from the same time period (Fiona, PJ, Tori, even Kate)

Edited by Billionaire

The hurting, just because y’all can’t comprehend that there are people that genuinely like her music, and then serving insecurity by saying that people that like her music are just trying to be edgy.

How about you face your own hidden shame of stanning the likes of Taylor, Ariana, Charlie Puth, Rosalia and Olivia. How about that?

Edited by October Symphony

I'm so full from microbaits yum.

Björk is perfect!

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

I have by not listening to Bjork. Trust me I've attempted to. Just not interested at all. 

18 minutes ago, McNulty said:

6jt7sz.jpg

Ignore her, she drinks. She’s just a holy f**l.

18 hours ago, fauxtography said:

3.) Her only listenable album is Post, released in 1995.

Vulnicura would like to have a word with you. 

This is the most beautiful song in existence, and the album as a whole is a masterpiece.  

I don't love every song she's released (I don't even listen to her most recent record), but she's an incredible artist with a widely diverse, experimental, and boundary pushing discography.  English is not even her first language and yet she's a better lyricist than most of our faves.  Her legacy has greatly influenced artists across the board, from Gaga to Kanye, Arca to FKA Twigs, Charli XCX and PC Music, etc.  She is one of the greats and you will need to deal!  :thing:

No, especially not when her discography has the underrated masterpieces, Innocence and Declare Independence.

37 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Vulnicura would like to have a word with you. 

This is the most beautiful song in existence, and the album as a whole is a masterpiece.  

I don't love every song she's released (I don't even listen to her most recent record), but she's an incredible artist with a widely diverse, experimental, and boundary pushing discography.  English is not even her first language and yet she's a better lyricist than most of our faves.  Her legacy has greatly influenced artists across the board, from Gaga to Kanye, Arca to FKA Twigs, Charli XCX and PC Music, etc.  She is one of the greats and you will need to deal!  :thing:

stonemilker is pretty good but really that extends to one of the issues in the OP where her catalog as a whole, or full albums, are not enjoyable (for me).

I feel like Post is her most pop friendly, accessible album. I always recommend that album FIRST to anyone who might be more put off by her… let’s say more eclectic material. And it usually is a great gateway to Homogenic and so forth. 

this just in: homosexuals who love simple and easy listening dance and pop music and describe post as her best album are hating on bjork and flaming behind avatars that tell you everything you need to know. very um interesting and very cool.

lana-2.thumb.gif.9b7e69124f33266720dff15

11 hours ago, GoatGly said:

This is me whenever I try to listen to any of those experimental avant-grade girls.

If you don’t like Bjork fine. Join that club.

But Bjork is the ARTIST OF ARTIST. She just ain’t for YOU.

BJORK literally mothered experimentation, industrial, electronic sounds.  Kanye West is one her biggest students. We could go on.

i like bjork but the way yall get so triggered over someone not liking her is a mess :deadbanana4:

calling post her best album is a choice tbh

bjork-fighting.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.