Glamour drags JLo haters and expose their sexism

Mokichi

All Jennifer Lopez Asked Was to Be Treated Like a White Man

Her Halftime comments had nothing to do with Shakira.

You don’t have to love Lopez to know she’s a big enough star to headline on her own. So is Shakira, and so was 2022’s entire lineup. What concerns me about the discourse around Halftime is not the baseline level of trolling female celebrities will always receive—it’s that the internet is mad at Lopez for asking for the same privileges given to white, non-Latina artists since the Super Bowl’s inception.

We’d rather pit women against each other than acknowledge the NFL’s shortsightedness in capping Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s performance at just 14 minutes.

[...]

But remember that Lopez and Shakira’s performance brought in 3.1 million more viewers than the football game itself, and it’s easy to wonder why the NFL wouldn’t attempt to change. The organization’s decision to use two headliners becomes more confusing when you consider that Katy Perry’s solo performance was the most viewed halftime show in history. What made executives think Lopez or Shakira, both known for their electrifying live performances, couldn’t do the same?

Lopez’s complaint is far from the most scandalous moment in Halftime. While tabloids have zeroed in on a fake feud between two icons, they’ve all but overlooked the NFL’s threat to omit the symbolic cages from their performance. That bigotry aligns with the league’s historic racism, but instead of directing our anger toward them, we’ve devoted our energy to painting Lopez as the fiery Latina stereotype this country fetishizes. There’s a cruel irony in learning the organization was willing to exploit Jennifer Lopez and Shakira for its image while still working to silence them.

Edited by Mokichi

27 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

No lies spotted! :clap3:

Ben was great on the doc.

12 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Very quiet in here... I wonder why :what:

They’re so transparent :bibliahh:

END those rats, Glamour!

alyssa-edwards-youll-never-be-glamour.gi

16 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

:gaycat4:

36 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Clearly, facts only :rip:

The hate she has gotten for absolutely no reason. Disgusting. 

Hating on Jlo for being a hardoworking, ambitious woman is so funny to me :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, Alongoria13 said:

Hating on Jlo for being a hardoworking, ambitious woman is so funny to me :toofunny3:

This whole forum dream to get the same ambition as her in the real life. :toofunny3:

They spilled. ATRL is embarassing. Though I don’t get why JLo and Shakira accepted to share the stage if they only wanted to do it alone

Interesting that the usual haters and trolls aren't in here.

I wonder why? :keir:

35 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Sure.

What she’s do, have no class to it.

42 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Sure.

Disgusting! This is the same woman crying about sexism? A shame

why is she so mad? This year there were so many performers, including Eminem who is just huge. It's not disrespectful at all to have multiple performers. 

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

Sure.

Exactly. She just wants all the attention on her, and she is using the ethnicity/sexism excuse to cry about it.

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

Sure.

1 hour ago, October Symphony said:

What she’s do, have no class to it.

1 hour ago, TROPICUM said:

Disgusting! This is the same woman crying about sexism? A shame

37 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

Exactly. She just wants all the attention on her, and she is using the ethnicity/sexism excuse to cry about it.

As if she runs her own FB account. :rip:

And the last two comments don't even make any sense. She's not the one who wrote the article commenting on ethnicity/gender. It's an article in Glamour written by someone else. :rip: 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

As if she runs her own FB account. :rip:

And the last two comments don't even make any sense. She's not the one who wrote the article commenting on ethnicity/gender. It's an article in Glamour written by someone else. :rip: 

Oh no, they don’t see those articles as credible. These people only see out of context taken Tweets and made up lies on Twitter by haters at face value. Anything else? No m’am!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.