JLo: "I'm trying to give you something with substance, not just belly dancing"

favorite crime

She has spent 20 years making basic rom-coms, singing about her a-s-s, flaunting around her man of the month, and dressing in next to nothing and now she wants to be taken seriously? 

Girl, the SuperBowl didn’t book you to read the Declaration of Independence. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• SavagePapi

• suburbannature

Top Posters In This Topic

JFLOP couldn't compare to the likes of the beautiful, talented and RICH Shakira!

The Selena actress thought doing a Super Bowl that most people tuned in only for the other ACTUAL Latinx artists is laughable.

JLow better put the Icon Shakira's name out of her stealing ass mouth. Yeah we all know about Amerie's "1 Thing" and Ashanti's vocals.

Stick to acting OLD UNTALENTED HAG!

11 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Please show us all the viral tweets about Mariah being a “bitter has-been who’s constantly flopping all over the place and looks desperate as ****”. Because I do know (as has already been provided in this thread) that there’s been more than a few about J.Lo! And that’s not even including the viral mess about nobody wanting to partake in her #LoveDontCostAThingChallenge and the viral tweets every year about how she stole from black artists and doesn’t even have the decency to sing on her ‘own’ songs, and even when she does manage to find her way to the recording studio she can’t stop herself from saying the N-word.

The GP has got your fav’s tea.

Twitter is not real life :rip:

Hence why JLO had a successful arena tour, a Vegas residency that grossed over 100 million, and consistently makes Forbes every year, while being booked and busy.

Meanwhile, Mariah is regulated to opening for Lionel Richie and shilling every product known to man. 

8 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Music Box almost exactly equals all of Mariah's albums sales since JLo's has a music career.

In fact JLo has sell more albums than Mariah since (Rainbow/On The 6) 1999 to date.

Thank you to Tommy for Music Box, I guess.

Reliable Source : https://chartmasters.org

:deadbanana4: what kind of logic. JLo's debut vs. ten years into Mariah's career. It's also not true. Since 1999, Mariah sold 31.9 million albums and compilations. Since 1999, JLo sold 29.1 million. Even with her entire first 8 years taken away, Mariah still outsells her. :deadbanana2:

Miss JLo hasn't been allowed to release an album since 2014 because of the floppage, hasn't had a song chart since 2018, hasn't had a top 50 song since 2014, hasn't had a #1 since 2002, hasn't had a solo #1 since 1999.

Mariah's comeback era in 2005 - 15 years in - was bigger in sales than any JLo era. 

And at the end of the day, Mariah has album sales from a single era that equals JLo's albums combined. :ahh: 

Edited by suburbannature

I was ready to drag her when I saw the thread title but then i read the whole thing and it wasn't shade against Shakira. Her intentions weren't bad.

My hunch is that no one actually cares about this, everyone just wants someone to hate and something to be angry about.

44 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

How predictable

:rip:

Jennifer didn't even say that Mariah fans need to Quit 

Are they forgetting Mariah was accused of sexual abuse towards a female staff member...

Think it's time people was reminded 

Mariah Carey: Songwriters Hall Of Fame inductee.

J.Lo: Pathetically crying over some popcorn award. Says it all, really. 

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Hence why JLO had a successful arena tour, a Vegas residency that grossed over 100 million, and consistently makes Forbes every year, while being booked and busy.

Meanwhile, Mariah is regulated to opening for Lionel Richie and shilling every product known to man. 

Serving Katy Perry fan citing Forbes when there are no other receipts left.

10 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

If "Twitter" had a say on how Jen's career was going, it would've been dead and buried for yearsss now.

MTE. Notice it's always the same base that want to act like Twitter opinions are important. 

The lowest is what? Oh no, poor J.Lo she got 200K likes on a hate tweet how will she surivive?

3 minutes ago, getBusy said:

damn, the JLo hate train is strong these days

Might as well change it to the love train, sis. They know every detail of her life and follow her footsteps more than we do. :smitten2:

9 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Y'all better stop pitting two successful Latinas against each other 

d55780cb3a6d213815e345150c3175eb.gif

JLo isn't latin tho

Only US believes in this, we couldn't care less about JLo

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Why would we care about a bunch of losers hating on her over something that has been confirmed to be untrue?

LMAO you guys just ignore this nonsense and stop giving it so much energy.

Let's hope that members like @Tusk, @TROPICUM or @suburbannature are giving much energy to hate on bad people of this world like Trump or Putin.

Let's hope that members like @Tusk, @TROPICUM or @suburbannature are giving more substance to their life : helping, raising money, defending people who can't defend themselves etc. 

britney-spears-yawn.gif

THIS ⬇️ is the woman who wants to give "something with substance":

7e579150dbfad1c7f948ca438508b48c.jpg

Shakira is half-Lebanese so that bellydancing was actually a performance of culture. To reduce it to the same thing as just "shaking your ass" is pretty tone deaf.

Damn she really HATES shakira :bibliahh:

Whenever I see a Jlo thread her same three stans are always READY to come into her defense it’s funny really :toofunny3:

Where’s the substance she’s talking about tho? Because I don’t see it in any effort besides her looks on red carpets lol 

1 minute ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Whenever I see a Jlo thread her same three stans are always READY to come into her defense it’s funny really :toofunny3:

The most funny thing here it's too see Lambs who are generally R&B/Vocals lovers being suddenly Belly Dance expert. :toofunny3:

Suddenly ATRL is located in the Middle East when I'm more Lebanese than Shakira herself. 

5 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

The most funny thing here it's too see Lambs who are generally R&B/Vocals lovers being suddenly Belly Dance expert. :toofunny3:

Suddenly ATRL is located in the Middle East when I'm more Lebanese than Shakira herself. 

41 minutes ago, Green said:

I was ready to drag her when I saw the thread title but then i read the whole thing and it wasn't shade against Shakira. Her intentions weren't bad.

This. Also, the fact that the tweet was made by a Mariah stan gives an idea of how out of context those screens can be taken

Edited by BrokenMachine

35 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Let's hope that members like @Tusk, @TROPICUM or @suburbannature are giving much energy to hate on bad people of this world like Trump or Putin.

Let's hope that members like @Tusk, @TROPICUM or @suburbannature are giving more substance to their life : helping, raising money, defending people who can't defend themselves etc. 

britney-spears-yawn.gif

Let’s hope you don’t take this site seriously and compare it to actual problems in the world.  

It’s a catty pop forum. 

Also, it seems liker her intention wasn't wrong... but it backfired. That's what she gets for losing credibility since the start of her career :pancake:

38 minutes ago, raven said:

Shakira is half-Lebanese so that bellydancing was actually a performance of culture. To reduce it to the same thing as just "shaking your ass" is pretty tone deaf.

The tweet said that, but it’s not what happened. Watch the doc. Haters are trying to set J.Lo up with these types of tweets and putting them in a different context, and you and many others on here are gullible for just following that. 

Note to everyone, maybe you should actually watch the doc and use your brain to see if it’s actually true.

And congrats to the few miserable Shakira and Mariah fans for working together in this hate campaign to try and being J.Lo down. YOU REALLY DID THAT :isudumblmao: Lol, but it just won’t happen and you can stay pressed.