THR: Gaga in talks to join Joker 2 as Harley Quinn

State of Grace.

18 minutes ago, Narima said:

why a musical :deadbanana:

Soundtracks can be very profitable, even if the movie flops. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Rican

• AllyGayTor

• Cryptique

Margot Robbie being the new ”Venom” and ”Kristen” for OGHs :ahh:

The amount of coping and suffering ive seen in this thread is delicious :smitten:

The way Gaga is going NOWHERE and will keep on thriving and haunting you for a very long time :lmao:

Edited by Mystic Boy

1 hour ago, Mystic Boy said:

Margot Robbie being the new ”Venom” and ”Kristen” for OGHs :ahh:

The amount of coping and suffering ive seen in this thread is delicious :smitten:

The way Gaga is going NOWHERE and will keep on thriving and haunting you for a very long time :lmao:

They know how massive this is for Gaga and her acting career. :ahh: The way this sequel is only being made because they were able to get someone as big of a name as Gaga. The way DC and Marvel have both been trying to get Gaga to be in a movie. The way multiple studios have tried so hard to get her in one of their movies. She's a music and movie superstar and that doesn't connect to their tired and old 2013 "FLOP" narrative.

4 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

This is typical of that users fave stan culture. No matter what Gaga is doing, they'll latch on to who they perceive is her "competitor" (in this case, Margot) and defend/faux-stan that person. Liddos will come for whoever they faux-stan, and then ATRL will complain about the liddos saying ‘they attack everyone’. This behaviour dates all the way back to them doing it with Ke$ha and Tik Tok and Katy thereafter.

ot:

Gaga will nail it :clap3:

:rip: Well said, Mr. Stratus.

Marvel is a bit pedestrian for what image Gaga seems to be going for in music and film. So the Joker 2 sequel really feels like her best shot at a giant blockbuster superhero flick that's also a bit dark and artistic. Would be a dream role for her if this turns out to be true.

The more I think about it, the more I think Gaga would be perfect for this. I wouldn't be surprised if the idea of casting her as Harley was inspired by the Marry The Night video. I'll be pissed now if she doesn't accept the role. :chick3:

5 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

This is typical of that users fave stan culture. No matter what Gaga is doing, they'll latch on to who they perceive is her "competitor" (in this case, Margot) and defend/faux-stan that person. Liddos will come for whoever they faux-stan, and then ATRL will complain about the liddos saying ‘they attack everyone’. This behaviour dates all the way back to them doing it with Ke$ha and Tik Tok and Katy thereafter.

ot:

Remember when the Liddos made fun of Kesha’s rape before supporting her only because it was  ammunition against Katy? Liddos are horrible people, mentally unstable HACKS 

OT: sounds terrible 

Edited by SupremeGoddess

14 minutes ago, SupremeGoddess said:

mentally unstable 

.......is what your posts are giving

56 minutes ago, besaid said:

:rip: Well said, Mr. Stratus.

Marvel is a bit pedestrian for what image Gaga seems to be going for in music and film. So the Joker 2 sequel really feels like her best shot at a giant blockbuster superhero flick that's also a bit dark and artistic. Would be a dream role for her if this turns out to be true.

This is truly a dream role for her and perfectly on-brand just like ASIB and HOG. Both her and Joaquin straddle the line between pretentious high art and commercial mass appeal and I bet their chemistry will be fantastic.

I think this sounds interesting but the press tour is going to be so exhausting :deadbanana2:

The mosters are so focused on what Gaga would get out of this because Joaquin won an oscar for it that they are not thinking how bad of an idea this could turn out to be. 

First of all I don't think a campy musical is a good career move for her. Sounds like more of the same and makes Gaga look like a one trick pony 

But also you have to think about the project itself. Joker's audience is mostly straight white males and the stans of the movie are literally incels. 

Those males only watch Scorsese, Nolan and Comic book/ action movies. A musical is not their cup of tea. They have been complaining about it being a musical on the internet since it was announced. In addition if the movie is a musical and it's bad Lady Gaga will get the blame for it and it will alienate her even more from straight men

This would work if they push the rated r aspect of the movie to win those straight but the thing is if it is too gritty it won't do well with the oscar voters. Comic book movies are already hated by the voters. This is definetly not a safe bet 

Another aspect to take into account is that this is a sequel of a 1 billion dollar movie and it's probably getting a bigger budget.

If it does less money than the first Gaga will be dragged for it eventhough she probably won't deserve it since the problem is it being a musical

What I'm trying to say is this is not the best move for her. There's too much that could go wrong. if all that she wants is an oscar, she could try whith other type of movies that are much more Oscar friendly and make her show more range as an actress

47 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

The mosters are so focused on what Gaga would get out of this because Joaquin won an oscar for it that they are not thinking how bad of an idea this could turn out to be. 

First of all I don't think a campy musical is a good career move for her. Sounds like more of the same and makes Gaga look like a one trick pony 

But also you have to think about the project itself. Joker's audience is mostly straight white males and the stans of the movie are literally incels. 

Those males only watch Scorsese, Nolan and Comic book/ action movies. A musical is not their cup of tea. They have been complaining about it being a musical on the internet since it was announced. In addition if the movie is a musical and it's bad Lady Gaga will get the blame for it and it will alienate her even more from straight men

This would work if they push the rated r aspect of the movie to win those straight but the thing is if it is too gritty it won't do well with the oscar voters. Comic book movies are already hated by the voters. This is definetly not a safe bet 

Another aspect to take into account is that this is a sequel of a 1 billion dollar movie and it's probably getting a bigger budget.

If it does less money than the first Gaga will be dragged for it eventhough she probably won't deserve it since the problem is it being a musical

What I'm trying to say is this is not the best move for her. There's too much that could go wrong. if all that she wants is an oscar, she could try whith other type of movies that are much more Oscar friendly and make her show more range as an actress

No one has even talked about her getting an Oscar for it, but you guys sure do love putting words in our mouths. :dies:

While I do (surprisingly) agree with you on a few points here, I still believe that this role can be a great move. It is a bold and interesting choice that is quite new and challenging for her, while also playing to the strengths of her previous roles (Ally/Patrizia).

Also, this movie won't even be a jukebox musical. People are expecting this to be like La La Land/Chicago/Les Mis and they're completely wrong. I'm definitely expecting the reactions to this to be very divisive just like the first one. And it most definitely won't outgross the first one which is literally the #1 highest grossing Rated R movie of all time and the only one to do +$1B. But it still could do well and pay off if done right. 

ASIB was labeled as a disaster before the promotional pics and the trailer even came out because it was Bradley's first time directing and acting/singing with Gaga's first time being a lead actress. We all know how that backfired. The role of Patrizia was also risky and she still managed to get another acclaimed performance and the highest grossing adult drama of the pandemic era. Joker 2 is worth the risk and trying a role that most actresses would kill to get, instead of doing some basic boring biopic of an old Hollywood figure. :michael:

Edited by State of Grace.

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

No one has even talked about her getting an Oscar for it, but you guys sure do love putting words in our mouths. :dies:

While I do (surprisingly) agree with you on a few points here, I still believe that can be a great move and pretty on-brand for her. It is a bold and interesting choice that is quite new and challenging for her, while also playing to the strengths of her previous roles (Ally/Patrizia).

Also, this movie won't even be a jukebox musical. People are expecting this to be like La La Land/Chicago/Les Mis and they're completely wrong. I'm definitely expecting the reactions to this to be very divisive just like the first one. And it most definitely won't outgross the first one which is literally the #1 highest grossing Rated R movie of all time and the only one to do +$1B. But it still do well and pay off if done right. 

ASIB was labeled as a disaster before the promotional pics and the trailer even came out because it was Bradley's first time directing and acting/singing with Gaga's first time being a lead actress. We all know how that backfired. The role of Patrizia was also risky and she still managed to get another acclaimed performance and the highest grossing adult drama of the pandemic era. Joker 2 is worth the risk and trying a role that most actresses would kill to get, instead of doing some basic boring biopic of an old Hollywood figure. :michael:

I usually find it funny when liddos get angry but i'm not trying to troll here 

I truly don't understand her thought process as an actress. Seeing how much she campaigns is pretty clear she wants the awards but all of her choices have been  weird.

This reminds me of that quote from Sandra Bullock were she said she didn't used to get any noms and awards because she was chosing roles that the academy didn't like. It's clear they like Gaga since they keep on nominating her but she just need something to bait the Oscars voters and imo this is not it 

6 hours ago, Bang Up said:

They know how massive this is for Gaga and her acting career. :ahh: The way this sequel is only being made because they were able to get someone as big of a name as Gaga. The way DC and Marvel have both been trying to get Gaga to be in a movie. The way multiple studios have tried so hard to get her in one of their movies. She's a music and movie superstar and that doesn't connect to their tired and old 2013 "FLOP" narrative.

An utter NIGHTMARE for the Metacritic experts :jonny:

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

We get it, you cant wait to see her fail,  receive backlash , getting dragged by the straights and flopping at the box office :zzz:

Edited by Mystic Boy

The musical angle makes no sense though. What did the first movie have to do with music, other than Arthur dancing a couple times? The movie was a psychological thriller for the most part though, so I'm not seeing why they would be thinking of making the sequel a musical. 

6 hours ago, SupremeGoddess said:

Remember when the Liddos made fun of Kesha’s rape before supporting her only because it was  ammunition against Katy? Liddos are horrible people, mentally unstable HACKS 

A hit dog will holler, in this case loud enough to violate the ZTP :toofunny3:Imagine being this angry at casting news to bring in rape, mental illness, and attack a fanbase.

OT: These disturbing meltdowns are proof of what a huge deal this is :clap3: 

4 hours ago, henryevil said:

I think this sounds interesting but the press tour is going to be so exhausting :deadbanana2:

I doubt she will do what she did in the Gucci press run. For all her faults she does learn whenever she is being made fun of. Like she didn't bring her '99 people in a room' moment over into the Gucci press run, so I think she will take note of everything everyone has said about her being too much and just be calm for this new release... hopefully. :deadbanana2:

Edited by StephenNYMonster

13 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

ot:

Yup yup. :clap3: Many users here love to villainize the same people they antagonize and bait to start stan conflict. 

At the end of the day, Gaga is thriving, Joker 2 will likely be her 3rd film in a row to cement her as part of the Hollywood elite in addition to her status as pop royalty, and they will stew about it behind a cracked phone screen for years to come :clap3:

On 6/15/2022 at 7:41 PM, SupremeGoddess said:

Remember that Katz STILL make fun of Kesha’s rape because it ruined her ability to make a hit

On 6/15/2022 at 10:48 PM, Digitalism said:

As mentioned, we Gaga fans haven't even talked about Oscar chances? Not every movie Gaga does has to be Oscar worthy. If that's the bar set for her by stans, that's an incredibly high and unfair bar to set. That's just ridiculous.

If she were doing a campy musical, it would be perfect for her, but this won't be a campy musical. In what world would a Joker sequel be campy? You guys are taking the word "musical" and interpreting it wrong, as if it's going to be Mamma Mia or High School Musical. Musicals aren't always bright, cheery, and happy-campy films; musicals can be dark, gritty, and quasi-horror like the first Joker film. In addition, a "musical" in this context will be much more akin to A Star is Born where there aren't huge break-out dance numbers and instead the music will be interwoven into the movie's theme and the character arcs. Almost every big-name actor or actress plays to their strengths and repeatedly does roles that fall within their viewpoint. That doesn't make someone a one-trick pony, that makes them someone who plays to their strengths. Someone like Meryl Strep is a great example. She's a phenomenal actress with huge range, but she plays a lot of characters that are similar to one another. A great actress is able to play the "same character" and make it different every time.

When it comes to the audience, what you're saying is hypothetical. We do not know who will want to see this movie and we don't know how audiences will react. This idea that the original Joker film was an "incel film" doesn't make sense as incels can't push a movie to $1,000,000,000. The wider general public is what made Joker so successful, and with Gaga attached to the sequel they could very well help it be a success as well. The introduction of Gaga and music will open this film up to an entirely new audience which can very easily replace the so-called "incel crowd".

The only people who will drag Gaga for the film not grossing a billion dollars are stans. In the real world, people don't care about this stuff. They just don't. The only way Gaga will get any flack is if the movie outright bombs, and even then every actor or actress has bombs throughout their career. We are not living in 2013 anymore; the public does not lash out at Gaga and neither does the media. The only people still focused on trying to drag Gaga are stans who can't stand that she isn't the "flop" she was in 2013. None of what you're saying here is indicative of a "bad move". Hopping onto the sequel of an amazingly successful and lauded film is the exact opposite of a bad move.

2 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

As mentioned, we Gaga fans haven't even talked about Oscar chances? Not every movie Gaga does has to be Oscar worthy. If that's the bar set for her by stans, that's an incredibly high and unfair bar to set. That's just ridiculous.

If she were doing a campy musical, it would be perfect for her, but this won't be a campy musical. In what world would a Joker sequel be campy? You guys are taking the word "musical" and interpreting it wrong, as if it's going to be Mamma Mia or High School Musical. Musicals aren't always bright, cheery, and happy-campy films; musicals can be dark, gritty, and quasi-horror like the first Joker film. In addition, a "musical" in this context will be much more akin to A Star is Born where there aren't huge break-out dance numbers and instead the music will be interwoven into the movie's theme and the character arcs. Almost every big-name actor or actress plays to their strengths and repeatedly does roles that fall within their viewpoint. That doesn't make someone a one-trick pony, that makes them someone who plays to their strengths. Someone like Meryl Strep is a great example. She's a phenomenal actress with huge range, but she plays a lot of characters that are similar to one another. A great actress is able to play the "same character" and make it different every time.

When it comes to the audience, what you're saying is hypothetical. We do not know who will want to see this movie and we don't know how audiences will react. This idea that the original Joker film was an "incel film" doesn't make sense as incels can't push a movie to $1,000,000,000. The wider general public is what made Joker so successful, and with Gaga attached to the sequel they could very well help it be a success as well. The introduction of Gaga and music will open this film up to an entirely new audience which can very easily replace the so-called "incel crowd".

The only people who will drag Gaga for the film not grossing a billion dollars are stans. In the real world, people don't care about this stuff. They just don't. The only way Gaga will get any flack is if the movie outright bombs, and even then every actor or actress has bombs throughout their career. We are not living in 2013 anymore; the public does not lash out at Gaga and neither does the media. The only people still focused on trying to drag Gaga are stans who can't stand that she isn't the "flop" she was in 2013. None of what you're saying here is indicative of a "bad move". Hopping onto the sequel of an amazingly successful and lauded film is the exact opposite of a bad move.

A doctor that goes crazy and becomes a clown while singing is not campy? You're really weird

I know they are incels because they are on the internet right now hating on this for being a musical and calling it too gay.

And I never said it would be like those musicals. I said joker fans won't like any type of musicals unless it's extremely violent. And if it is like that the Academy won't like it

All her albums have been auditions for this if you think about it. Lady Gaga as Joker - now that would be an interesting conversation. 

On 6/15/2022 at 10:12 PM, Sugar-Rush said:

The musical angle makes no sense though. What did the first movie have to do with music, other than Arthur dancing a couple times? The movie was a psychological thriller for the most part though, so I'm not seeing why they would be thinking of making the sequel a musical. 

It could be trolling, though. What if there’s just a musical sequence? Todd Phillips is just trying to get people talking (this is the director of The Hangover movies, he’s not very serious). I think it’s all PR. I just can’t imagine a two hour movie full of dancing and musical dialogue. I don’t think that’s what this is going to be. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.