The Handmaid's Tale | Season 5 finale now streaming | Renewed for final Season 6

State of Grace.

It's moving slow but I'm really enjoying this season, and I'm hear for Aunt Lydia's redemption arc :clap3:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Taylor fanboy

• Hephaestus

• flower moon

Nick killing Commander Putnam

:clap3: Peak of the episode!

My heart broke seeing those evil guards beat up Luke and then separate June & Luke like that!

That showdown between June & Serena at the end. :eek:

OMG Serena killing Ezra instead of June left me shook. :rip: What the hell is Serena planning with June?

I SPOKE TOO SOON!

THIS IS their reputation era! :WAP:

Look What You Made Me Do (Serena’s Version) going head to head with I Did Something Bad (June’s Version) created a masterpiece — Getaway Car (Hulu’s Version).

:WAP:

Edited by Taylor fanboy

well critics did say that (as usual) the show picks up in the second half of the season...

can't wait to see what's in store for serena

i kinda saw it coming but that june/serena scene had my heart racing :WAP:
serena needed to escape those freaks house and maybe she finally has realised gilead/its followers are not her people. idk. but im here for serena hopefully finally switching.
also liking that aunty lydia slowly losing faith in gilead. seeing the faults. idk if that'll actually happen but i hope it does/continues.

This season has been excellent so far :clap3:

The finale of the last episode was expected to me, they gave too many hints basely on what happened to Serena with the new family, clearly she was about to becoming a Handmaid herself, curious to see how the relationship June-Serena will evolve now.

Omg the spoiler I just read whyyyyy. :deadbanana2: I didn't realise episode 7 was out. 

17 hours ago, flower moon said:

also liking that aunty lydia slowly losing faith in gilead. seeing the faults. idk if that'll actually happen but i hope it does/continues.

you should read the testaments if you wanna know

:gaylorcat2:

44 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

you should read the testaments if you wanna know

:gaylorcat2:

True. I've been thinking about it but didn't wanted it to ruin original book, which I loved. I'd seen some negative reviews when The Testaments came out and it put me off.

18 minutes ago, flower moon said:

True. I've been thinking about it but didn't wanted it to ruin original book, which I loved. I'd seen some negative reviews when The Testaments came out and it put me off.

The Aunt Lydia plotline is actually excellent. Can't say the same about the other one that feels like it belongs to a YA book. 

The ending of episode 6 was very obvious but I still loved it. I feel kind of bad for Serena and hope she forms an alliance with June. It just feels weird to me seeing so many people wish rape and torture upon Serena just because June went through it. :chick3:

37 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

The ending of episode 6 was very obvious but I still loved it. I feel kind of bad for Serena and hope she forms an alliance with June. It just feels weird to me seeing so many people wish rape and torture upon Serena just because June went through it. :chick3:

I want Serena punished. Not raped or exactly dead but definetly unable to keep her baby. She's a sociopath. It *just* because June went through it. It's because she formed that world heavily and put June through it. Serena has had a million chances at redemption and each time, she chooses herself. She's evil. 

On 10/12/2022 at 7:39 AM, Taylor fanboy said:

This is not the reputation era I’m expecting. @Hephaestus

All WOMEN are losing. :mazen:

Girl I thought the same after last week's episode (an absolute filler dud), but this one was just exquisite.

Commander Putnam and Ezra (and those Gilead weirdos by extension) losing was so good to see, I hope this is just the beginning of the many Ls I imagine they'll get.

Aunt Lydia and Serena really served a certain Nicki Minaj lyric from Dead Wrong, they're finally seeing the Daylight.mp3. Serena's switcheroo was very expected considering she basically became an handmaid, but I wonder if she'll actually join forces with June to destroy Gilead or is just using her to escape that dangerous situation. I hope daddy Luke is safe though, we can't afford to lose that eye candy!

On 10/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, Taylor fanboy said:

I SPOKE TOO SOON!

THIS IS their reputation era! :WAP:

Look What You Made Me Do (Serena’s Version) going head to head with I Did Something Bad (June’s Version) created a masterpiece — Getaway Car (Hulu’s Version).

:WAP:

lmao, that's so fitting :dies:

Ugh I HATE Serena's actress for being so legendary that even when she's psycho and evil I can't help but root for her.

S5, Episode 6 spoilers:

UGH that family she was staying with were PSYCHO - but good for her to get the handmaid treatment to see what it's like.

Lydia is truly on her way into her The Testaments arc. Guess we're not getting the other 2 stories from the book - but it's a fantastic read for anyone who likes the series! Even if you don't read the original book (which you absolutely should - it's a famous, incredible novel), you still can to get a sense where the show is going).

Putnam will NOT be missed, but I must say Lawrence and Blaine's power seems to very conveniently be absolute when needed and then nothing when the show suits them. 

The Serena / June ending I could see coming a MILE away, there was no way Serena was going back to being imprisoned in that house, but what they do next will be very interesting. I expect their best allies are Commander Lawrence? Especially both with Putnam and Fred now dead.

23 hours ago, venuss said:

The Aunt Lydia plotline is actually excellent. Can't say the same about the other one that feels like it belongs to a YA book. 

I'll give it a try :gaycat3:

Such a good episode, I actually felt really bad for Serena by the end of the episode. :cries: To go through all that & build a solidarity with June only to end up with that result by the end. 

time for miss serena to get her emmy. garner and anderson are out of the way.

zccr5gambsu91.gif

crazy how at the end of this ep i felt like luke was the monster :chick2:.

june kind of forgiving serena and being able to let go of that burden of rage she'd been holding onto felt like such a perfect moment, and then luke takes it from her (not that im actually mad at him).

wonder what will happen with serena tho. like will they just use her to trade for more kids/handmaids or what.

maybe serena has a cersei moment for the finale.

but cersei's s6 or s8 ending? hmm. 

This role reversal narrative was predictable as soon as we learned Serena was preggers, but the build up to the scene with June saying “do you understand me?” was still so damn powerful. 

I think this was both actresses best performances thus far. I was happy to see June get some catharsis though Serena experiencing motherhood and finally understanding. That ending though… :dancehall2: 

Edited by FOCK

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

maybe serena has a cersei moment for the finale.

but cersei's s6 or s8 ending? hmm. 

if she has a Cersei ending, I'd have no choice to stan her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.