Kim K damaged Marylin’s iconiqué 5M dress

Superbitch

The dress didn't even fit her :rip:

That's why she had to wear that fur coat to hide the zipper :gaycat6:.

FR6dMoJaUAAKQyL?format=jpg&name=small

And it doesn't matter if she "starved" herself to fit in it. Her ass is made of silicone, it doesn't matter what diet she'd go on cause that thing is never slimming down :coffee2:.

Also, imagine defending this attention seeking, vacuous, imperious woman of all people :bibliahh:.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• Joyride

• Oceania

• lostcause

Why even let her use it though? If the dress has cultural significance, they should have let it stay on that museum. PeriodT.

Not being judgy but Kim’s butt wouldn’t fit that dress. They have very different body types.

Well they lent it to her, its what they deserve :cm:

10 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

I dislike Kim, but the hate for just a piece of clothing :biblio:... it's just a dress, come on, people are dying :toofunny3:

im so tired of this narrative

if people are dying then stop spending your time on a pop culture forum, go fight in the wars and plant trees to save the planet or whateverthefuck bullshit narrative you have up your sleeve

I mean.. how about blaming the ones that let her borrow the dress?

On thé one hand it’s just a dress on the other hand I’m not surprised a Kardashian is  a part of this mess

18 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Haunt her ass Marilyn!!

SCREAMING :deadbanana2:

-

That's an old ass dress so it's going to be fragile

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

THIS. They really need to stop getting their way with everything. I hope their empire starts to crumble, they are so toxic for society.

Well money moves the world unfortunately. I just wish someone would just say NO to these entitled spoilt rich people

i mean.... their body shapes are so different... why does anyone think it wont fit her at the first place :rip: 

I can’t stand the kardashians and Kim wearing that dress was foul but at the same time it’s just a piece of fabric. I can’t believe people are losing sleep and having meltdowns over this. It’s really not that serious.

It's both Kim's and Ripley's Believe it or Not's fault. Kim shouldn't have ever thought of wearing that because it was never going to fit her and RBON is just money hungry so now they have to live with the fact they ruined an historical piece of art that Marilyn's estate would have never allowed anyone to wear, ever. Not even Bob Mackie agrees, and he made the dress. 

Just because it is fabric and it is not something political or historical and instead more rooted in pop culture, does not make it any less important. 

the ignorance here about Marilyn Monroe smh

she was ahead of her time. she supported civil rights

Monroe was an advocate for civil rights

Her relationship with Miller, which ended in divorce in 1961, wasn't the only means by which Monroe became politically aware. With Shelley Winters, a one-time roommate, Monroe attended rallies protesting the violation of civil liberties caused by anti-Communist fervor. She was once chastised for reading a "radical" biography of muckraker Lincoln Steffens on a film set. Having been raised to hold more progressive views on race, Monroe also became an advocate for civil rights.

In 1960, Monroe was elected as an alternate delegate to Connecticut's state Democratic convention (it was a largely honorary position and she didn't attend the gathering).

https://www.biography.com/news/marilyn-monroe-biography-facts

she supported Ella Fitzgerald

Marilyn presented the club owner with a tantalizing proposition: book Ella for a week, and she would be in the front row every single night. To sweeten the deal, she promised to bring along her famous friends. The owner knew the publicity that Marilyn would bring was priceless and agreed. True to her word, Marilyn sat upfront each night. Ella’s shows sold out, prompting the owner to book her for an additional week.

“I owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt…she was an unusual woman — a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it.” — Ella Fitzgerald

https://medium.com/history-of-women/the-unlikely-friendship-between-marilyn-monroe-and-ella-fitzgerald-1c5d66fbe44d

she was a poet

decodeProduct.chain%5D

Edited by Dana Scully

3 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

im so tired of this narrative

if people are dying then stop spending your time on a pop culture forum, go fight in the wars and plant trees to save the planet or whateverthefuck bullshit narrative you have up your sleeve

The random meltdown. I say there are worse things to worry and rage about instead of a piece of clothing worn by the most overhyped influencer from this era

I blame whatever or whoever allowed her to be able to purchase and alter the dress to start with, as opposed to it being on display somewhere.

Imagine comparing actual pieces of history like the Mona Lisa or the Pyramids to a fraking dress Marilyn once wore, whatever the circumstances.

Celebrity worship desease truly turns people into morons. :rip:

I have nothing against her but I will never understand why Marilyn, out of all people, is idolized to these levels even 60 years after her death. 

Not even actual geniuses, legit heroes or once in a lifetime talents get that much love and support, it's mindblowing. 

I'm not defending Kim either, she's just an ego-maniac braggart who has no repect for other people's properties. 

5 hours ago, Oceania said:

Imagine comparing actual pieces of history like the Mona Lisa or the Pyramids to a fraking dress Marilyn once wore, whatever the circumstances.

Celebrity worship desease truly turns people into morons. :rip:

I have nothing against her but I will never understand why Marilyn, out of all people, is idolized to these levels even 60 years after her death. 

Not even actual geniuses, legit heroes or once in a lifetime talents get that much love and support, it's mindblowing. 

I'm not defending Kim either, she's just an ego-maniac braggart who has no repect for other people's properties. 

Imagine gatekeeping what counts as artifact. Fashion is just as much an art form as painting and stonework, and this “freaking dress” is an important piece in the history of the medium.

The Mona Lisa is just a vanity portrait of an Italian noblewoman that her rich husband commissioned. 

King tuts sarcophagus is just the coffin of an irrelevant ruler who inherited his title and died at 19. His tomb is just filled with the toys and jewelry of a spoiled elitist tyrant.

The Shroud of Turin is just a piece of fabric” some dead guy named Jesus is believed to have been wrapped in after his execution.

Should Kim wear Jackie Kennedys blood-stained pink Chanel suit from the JFK assassination next? After all,  It’s “just fabric”. Maybe North should borrow a dress from the Ann frank house if she wants. Do we value the entitled demands of billionaires over the integrity of historic artifacts? Where do we draw the line?

This dress is not just any garment worn by Monroe. The historical context, ingenuity of the design, and myth of the night it was worn are together why this is an important relic that stands out from the countless dresses Marilyn wore in her lifetime. 

Marilyn would die less than three months after performing for JFKs 45th birthday wearing the piece, it was her last public appearance. JFK was assasinated only a year later. It stands as a symbol of an incredibly fraught, incredibly consequential moment in American history. It also changed fashion history, echoes of the Jean Louis design reverberate to this day. His art isn’t any less influential simply because it was worn by a “celebrity”, Mona Lisa isn’t less important because it’s a vanity portrait commissioned by a rich nobleman. 

14 minutes ago, lostcause said:

Imagine gatekeeping what counts as artifact. Fashion is just as much an art form as painting and stonework, and this “freaking dress” is an important piece in the history of the medium.

The Mona Lisa is just a vanity portrait of an Italian noblewoman that her rich husband commissioned. 

King tuts sarcophagus is just the coffin of an irrelevant ruler who inherited his title and died at 19. His tomb is just filled with the toys and jewelry of a spoiled elitist tyrant.

The Shroud of Turin is just a piece of fabric” some dead guy named Jesus is believed to have been wrapped in after his execution.

Should Kim wear Jackie Kennedys blood-stained pink Chanel suit from the JFK assassination next? After all,  It’s “just fabric”. Maybe North should borrow a dress from the Ann frank house if she wants. Do we value the entitled demands of billionaires over the integrity of historic artifacts? Where do we draw the line?

This dress is not just any garment worn by Monroe. The historical context, ingenuity of the design, and myth of the night it was worn are together why this is an important relic that stands out from the countless dresses Marilyn wore in her lifetime. 

Marilyn would die less than three months after performing for JFKs 45th birthday wearing the piece, it was her last public appearance. JFK was assasinated only a year later. It stands as a symbol of an incredibly fraught, incredibly consequential moment in American history. It also changed fashion history, echoes of the Jean Louis design reverberate to this day. His art isn’t any less influential simply because it was worn by a “celebrity”, Mona Lisa isn’t less important because it’s a vanity portrait commissioned by a rich nobleman. 

:clap3:

I imagine no one that commented in this topic ever went to Ripleys’ to check on the dress. Really there’s no point in keeping the dress untouched if nobody gave a crap to even check it out lol

They had far more to gain lending Kim that dress than to lose. This little momentum also helped Marilyn gain notoriety to a whole new generation and also will boost her icon status when the Netflix film gets released.

9 hours ago, Khal said:

I blame whatever or whoever allowed her to be able to purchase and alter the dress to start with, as opposed to it being on display somewhere.

It was bought to be put on display but nobody cared to go see it hence why you didn’t even know it was in a museum. It is still on display today :gaycat6:

I can’t believe people are calling this dress “one of the most important artifacts in American history”. I’m willing to bet if you walked around any place in America with a photo of this dress and asked random people if they knew about it they would all mostly likely have no clue. :rofl:

9 hours ago, lostcause said:

I never implied that fashion wasn't a form of art but, again...imagine comparing a Da Vinci's portrait to a basic dress that's relatively famous only because a controversial celebrity with a tragic life once wore it. Had Kim damaged the Mona Lisa, the news would've even reached the Voyager 1. 

Besides, are we seriously comparing Norma Jeane to Jesus Christ of Nazareth now? Tho the Shroud is fake, he's legit the most impactful human being in history.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.