Kim K damaged Marylin’s iconiqué 5M dress

Superbitch

Ripley’s ****** up big time by relenting to Kim’s request. it’s completely antithetical to the field of conservation. they sold out for some quick clout (that they didn’t even need) and damaged an iconic piece of culture. it’s concerning from a museum professional’s point of view because it might make other rich and powerful people think they can use museums as their personal closets. 

that being said, the comments about Kim’s body are so unnecessary. you can drag her without resorting to misogyny - no need to stoop that low. 

some of y’all are playing dumb though, especially considering some of you in here crying flock to threads about women you don’t stan to be nasty about their appearance.  :toofunny2:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• Joyride

• Oceania

• lostcause

Why do you weirdos defend the Kardashians? She's your enemy lmao I support any opportunity to drag this family 

1 hour ago, M André said:

OMG the amount of misogyny in this thread. :biblio:

Cringe. She's a billionaire. She'll be fine. People have war in their countries 

Why they'd even let her wear it and fill it with her farts? It should just stay in a museum if they want to treat it like a holy piece. Perhaps the Vatican can help them out.

She never should have been allowed to wear it in the first place, much less her out of every other celebrity. Did they really think her silicone ass was gonna fit in that petite thing? 

This entire thread… :ahh:

It’s just a dress. 

I like Marilyn, but her cultural significance mainly stems from tragedy & tabloid sensationalism.

She wouldn’t be that much different than Kim, if she were alive today. Both sex symbols & cultural influencers, both image-driven, heralded for their “sex symbol” status, who’s  actual talent is often called into question. 

People acting like it’s such an act of “disrespect” is strange to me. 

The false equivalence is too much. You can debate her talent all you want but Marilyn had a craft she worked hard on. She was an actress and by most accounts a very underrated one. The only movie Kim has been in was a *****.

11 hours ago, Queen. said:

Sis you know she don't really want to wear something that is fake. 

Ironic since 90% of her body is fake

I have always heard of Marilyn Monroe of being iconic and never seem a film of hers nor seen film clips and because of this thread I YouTube her and seen a few clips of her acting. I didn’t know she also sang. Didn’t know details of her passing until today. It also made curious to play the Material Girl video since the video tributes Marilyn Monroe.

So perhaps Kim K did generate curiosity over Marilyn Monroe among a new generation of folks that are not that familiar with the history of that dress.  :michael:

oohh nooo

I guess she will be using power glue to fix this

I never seen an outrage like this from some members before. George floyd death didn’t even move some of yll like this. 

People saying "it is a piece of fabric"...

I am sure Mona Lisa is "just a canvas with some paint on it" to you too.

That’s their fault for letting Kim wear the damn dress in the first place. 

39 minutes ago, gugunikko said:

I never seen an outrage like this from some members before. George floyd death didn’t even move some of yll like this. 

this is a gay pop culture forum babe, not the new york times comment section.

12 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

People saying "it is a piece of fabric"...

I am sure Mona Lisa is "just a canvas with some paint on it" to you too.

You can’t fault folks for not knowing the historical significance of that piece of fabric. I constantly hear Marilyn Monroe being reference as a “sex symbol” or a “beauty standard” and no mention of the dress so it’s possible that the dress is most likely unrecognizable to the masses. Her pink dress seems more memorable if we’re being honest. 

A multi-million dollar dress worn by one of the most iconic figures in history and people here reduce it to being "a piece of cloth". :rip:

I'll never understand why people continue defend the Kardashians' narcissism.

a disaster all around. she never should have been allowed. 

offering a dead person’s belongings without their consent also feels really weird in general. :rip:

Somebody stop her before she goes for the legendary mm dress

marilyn-monroe-white-dress-in-movie-seve

Are we really surprised seeing as Kim’s figure is very much different than Marylins :deadbanana4: it’s no wonder it didn’t fit properly and it’s been stretched to death. 

7 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I didn’t know there was Marilyn Munroe haters on this site :deadbanana4:

I'm not a hater, I just find people hypocrites. I was just being factual. 

7 hours ago, Nexto said:

Get a grip :rip:

You should get a grip too. It's a stupid dress and Kim deserved to wear it. Grip that! :lmao:

14 hours ago, Keter said:

Conservation and preservation of historical knowledge, items, events, technology etc. is important for our understanding of who we are and where we come from. What’s “just a dress” to some of us is a future piece of history to those whose only connection to the time period is what has been preserved. This type of stuff is very important and people who don’t understand that are ignorant and short-sighted. Shame on Kim for this.

This + the ENTIRE POINT of the MET gala is to benefit the COSTUME section of the museum that is not funded like all the other exhibits & they PRESERVE historical pieces of fashion just like THIS ONE :skull:

she deserves to be BANNED for life from the MET for this STUNT :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.