Kim K damaged Marylin’s iconiqué 5M dress

Superbitch

Deflection to misogyny accusations and revisionist history about Marilyn's career. About what I expected here, in addition to damage to the dress. I don't have the energy to be saddened by this as this is Ripley's wheelhouse and if the original owner's truly valued it wouldn't have ended up with them to begin with. The only silver lining here is a lesson on caution for future archival pieces being loaned - that's it. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• Joyride

• Oceania

• lostcause

Ofc it's damaged, and as much as she is wrong for this, the idiots who allowed her to borrow the dress are just as much to blame. 

Why tf didn't they just say "NO" when she asked if she could wear it??  I hope the money was worth it.

2 hours ago, Keter said:

Conservation and preservation of historical knowledge, items, events, technology etc. is important for our understanding of who we are and where we come from. What’s “just a dress” to some of us is a future piece of history to those whose only connection to the time period is what has been preserved. This type of stuff is very important and people who don’t understand that are ignorant and short-sighted. Shame on Kim for this.

:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

“YOUR BIG EVERYTHING KNOCKED THEM RHINESTONES OUT B*TCH”

-Tiffany “New York” Pollard 

:jonny4:

I’m the first to criticise Kim but it’s absolutely hilarious how no one knew or cared about the preservation of this dress before she put it on :skull: Talking about how it’s a piece of history and y’all would’ve probably never in your life cared to see it before May

I can already imagine her and her family laughing as the crystals popped off. :deadbanana:

Are we sure the lady isn't spreading fake news with this post?

5 minutes ago, Cain said:

I’m the first to criticise Kim but it’s absolutely hilarious how no one knew or cared about the preservation of this dress before she put it on :skull: Talking about how it’s a piece of history and y’all would’ve probably never in your life cared to see it before May

Huh? This dress is one of the most famous garments in existence. It is also one of the most historically significant pieces of 20th century clothing. “Happy birthday mister president” was legendary decades before any of us were alive and will continue to be historic generations after we all die. 

Don’t project your personal disinterest onto everyone else. 

It’s just a dress? Just a piece of fabric? Why did Kim starve herself so she could wear it then?

i don't get the fuss over this dress, it ain't like marilyn's gonna get up and use it anyways

its a shame kim didn't tear it apart in half and then burn it down after using it :deadbanana:

Absolutely disgusting, I hope she gets her ass sued off. And the same goes for whichever idiot allowed her to take the dress in the first place. 

20 minutes ago, Cain said:

i dont think about the pyramids of giza and don't have the desire to see them in my lifetime, however, if kim k sat on them with her silicone pumped ass and broke them i'd be pissed too

kim kardashian is truly vile, she knew she wouldn't fit in that dress and STILL wore it and damaged a piece of history :deadbanana2:

23 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well yeah because most people thought dress was safe and presented at like the MET or Smithsonian and not with some idiots who would lend it to a tacky clueless woman and damage it... hence the outrage.

3 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

Should have took the silicone out of her ass before putting that dress on :biblio:

disgusting she wore it in the first place and disgusting someone let her. :biblio:

LOL well remember on her tv show (which is totally nonbias they did an episode where she paid got a doctor to confirm via xray that she doesn't have implants in her butt...that's because she got injections which would not appear on an xray 

Yeah it's a sad day where Kim K had the power to ruin art she really could have just let Kanye be her last casualty.

tumblr_n8ast5FEd91rdccybo1_500.gif

:ahh: 

2 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Well yeah because most people thought dress was safe and presented at like the MET or Smithsonian and not with some idiots who would lend it to a tacky clueless woman and damage it... hence the outrage.

I can guarantee you most people had no clue where this dress was and didn't care to know

YEEEEEEEEEESS

:ahh:

1 minute ago, Cain said:

I can guarantee you most people had no clue where this dress was and didn't care to know

Okay? You're just being obtuse

A piece of history ruined because Kim Kardashian wanted to pull another stunt... congratulations to whoever lent it to her.

8 minutes ago, slw84 said:

LOL well remember on her tv show (which is totally nonbias they did an episode where she paid got a doctor to confirm via xray that she doesn't have implants in her butt...that's because she got injections which would not appear on an xray 

Yeah it's a sad day where Kim K had the power to ruin art she really could have just let Kanye be her last casualty.

I’d have to have watched her tv show to remember it 

1 minute ago, InventedGays said:

No they're being truthful. No one cares, yall just love being mad about ANYTHING especially when it involves a Kardashian 

I care that a historic garment with great cultural importance was ruined, regardless of who did it. And a lot of people do, too. If you don't, that's your problem.

1 minute ago, InventedGays said:

The way this dress was just rotting away in a random Ripley's Believe it or Not crate with no one caring about it until Kim wore it, now all of a sudden you're all outraged historians declaring that a dress worn by an actress as important as the constitution just so you can insult Kim :skull:

It was actually on display at Ripley's musem in Florida and in pop culture, it is as important as the constitution. Certainly more important than Kim's entire existence, that's why she sought to leech off its history and glamour for herself.

7 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

The way this dress was just rotting away in a random Ripley's Believe it or Not crate with no one caring about it until Kim wore it, now all of a sudden you're all outraged historians declaring that a dress worn by an actress as important as the constitution just so you can insult Kim :skull:

all that and Kim still declassed and cheapened the day. Poor Marilyn stans...the legend deserves more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.