Wendy Williams will always be better than Oprah & Ellen in talk show hosts

Josh

Wendy Williams is like all of us she doesn't give a **** about making enemies, she wants the hot tea that all of us want to talk about on social media. 

Sherry Shepard will be a piss poor replacement cause she'll want to be nice to everyone. 

They’re different kind of host though, Oprah and Ellen didn’t talk about celebrity gossip. 

Idk about Oprah but I’ll put her above Ellen. Objectively, while Ellen was entertaining (despite all the stuff that came out about her) Wendy provided far more laughs and real moments - sloppy or not. Oprah on the other hand was the damn blueprint and the OG. There’s a reason why so many people respect her. 

Her ability to sit on a chair, by herself, and keep millions of people entertained for a solid 20 minutes is unmatched. 

Wendy is and will always be that girl. No matter how messy she is

Oprah is and likely always will be in a league of her own tiers above the other talk shows of Wendy, Ellen, Kelly, Drew, etc. Oprah’s show struck a unique tone and formula that has yet to be successfully replicated and improved upon by another female talk show host. She literally changed the talk show game forever with her show.  Oprah is the GOAT in this arena imo. 

O > W > E.

Ellen’s show was the most vanilla thing I have ever seen. It had its place in culture for the 00s & 10s & made a lot of people happy but I think shows like Ellen’s are so dated and inauthentic feeling nowadays especially after covid and the events of 2020-22. I don’t think it’s a coincidence everyone turned on Ellen starting the pandemic. These 100% good vibes happy all the time smile smile let’s dance! type shows just… Idk. I like that Oprah & Wendy discussed more serious topics sometimes and would really delve into the tea. 

7 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Oprah is and likely always will be in a league of her own tiers above the other talk shows of Wendy, Ellen, Kelly, Drew, etc. Oprah’s show struck a unique tone and formula that has yet to be successfully replicated and improved upon by another female talk show host. She literally changed the talk show game forever with her show.  Oprah is the GOAT in this arena imo. 

O > W > E.

Ellen’s show was the most vanilla thing I have ever seen. It had its place in culture for the 00s & 10s & made a lot of people happy but I think shows like Ellen’s are so dated and inauthentic feeling nowadays especially after covid and the events of 2020-22. I don’t think it’s a coincidence everyone turned on Ellen starting the pandemic. These 100% good vibes happy all the time smile smile let’s dance! type shows just… Idk. I like that Oprah & Wendy discussed more serious topics sometimes and would really delve into the tea. 

the spillage :clap3:

14 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

O > W > E.

:clap3:

Let's keep it real like Wendy would, Oprah is the MJ of TV. Ellen is the Mr. Rodgers. 

Wendy is within the same legacy as Howard Stern.

People downplay Wendy because she had at least one opinion about someone they respect they were too sensitive for. But she was/is the perfect TV show host for this politically correct time, and I'll be pissed if she doesn't get to speak her mind on some outlet again soon!

She's the anti-Ellen, very mean & real for entertainment, but a sweet-hearted misunderstood woman, who has always treated her staff and the common-people well, although reserved at times for justified reasons.

I get we all need jobs in this economy, but **** her staff for being hush-hush about the conspiracy she's facing right now. These are the same people who never spoke when her ex-husband was abusing her. However, while their inaction is morally condemnable, it's understandable....

Her abusive ex-husband cut her off from EVERYONE for decades - especially immediate staff. She had to separate work from personal against her own will. Only Charlemagne from her early radio days has ever stuck up for her, but that was in the beginnings of her recent troubles.

Now, like Britney, there are major players in the industry who make defending her a dangerous game. I'm not religious, but I truly pray for her, and not enough people are talking about what is happening to her.

Wendy is so iconic and no one does it like her.

I think Sherri will be good but will be more in the Ellen route, whereas she won't really gossip on her show. She is nothing like Wendy.

4 hours ago, Buddy said:

Let's keep it real like Wendy would, Oprah is the MJ of TV. Ellen is the Mr. Rodgers. 

People downplay Wendy because she had at least one opinion about someone they respect they were too sensitive for. But she was/is the perfect TV show host for this politically correct time, and I'll be pissed if she doesn't get to speak her mind on some outlet again soon!

She's the anti-Ellen, very mean & real for entertainment, but a sweet-hearted misunderstood woman, who has always treated her staff and the common-people well, although reserved at times for justified reasons.

I get we all need jobs in this economy, but **** her staff for being hush-hush about the conspiracy she's facing right now. These are the same people who never spoke when her ex-husband was abusing her. However, while their inaction is morally condemnable, it's understandable....

Her abusive ex-husband cut her off from EVERYONE for decades - especially immediate staff. She had to separate work from personal against her own will. Only Charlemagne from her early radio days has ever stuck up for her, but that was in the beginnings of her recent troubles.

Now, like Britney, there are major players in the industry who make defending her a dangerous game. I'm not religious, but I truly pray for her, and not enough people are talking about what is happening to her.

:clap3:

Maybe if u are a messy gay who lives for "not making enemies to expose the tea" :rip:

that's not all there is to talk shows lol

that's Her thing

Oprah and Ellen specialize in other stuff

anyways, numbers dont lie honey :fan:

6 hours ago, Buddy said:

Glad someone said it. It’s wild how she’s under a conservatorship and nobody is talking about. A year and half ago she was a level headed put together woman. 

No. 

No she's not. 

Wendy might be more "entertaining" (to the gays who can't think beyond "kiis" and "live for messiness") but in terms of actual influence and legacy, Oprah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ellen>Wendy

• ATRL Moderator

Wendy and Ellen and basically any other talk show host is miles beneath Oprah, who just moved different. Oprah is the queen of TV and that's not changing anytime soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.