Original Charmed writer drags reboot

Nano

Curtis was the writer for Brain Drain and Charmed Noir, among others.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chosensparkles

• Lovett

• EnterTheAttic

• SavagePapi

MadonnasBoyfriend

But seriously one should probably not brag about being a writer on charmed if they care about their career ?Screenshot-20220612-014346-Firefox.png

2 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

And he was a writer? 

Well Charmed isn’t remember for being… a well written show

Mess :rip: the finale was definitely messy and rushed but I enjoyed the little nod to the original and a Charmed multiverse would have been cool.

I know everyone loves to hate the reboot but even as much of an OG Charmed stan I am, I enjoyed the reboot for what it was. I love the Charmed universe so it made me happy to have it back in whatever way it could be and I grew to love the new one as messy as it was (Macy was the best part lbr) and that's just my opinion but... jfc, both sets of writers on both shows have shown to be so messy and immature, it's constant entertainment :toofunny2:

I get it's a polarizing thing for some fans and a lot don't like how far the reboot strayed from the original so I understand some of the backlash, but I'll never forgive the og Charmed fandom but the horrible racist **** they did and said to harass the new girls since even before the show dropped. The constant racist abuse those girls got (especially Madeleine Mantock) for just doing a job was insane and unnecessary. So The Charmed fandom can f*ck off, I hope they never get the revival they beg for, no matter how much I want one myself. Not that it would ever happen since the cast all hate each other :dies:

Also, it's so funny how history repeated with Macy being killed off/the actress leaving just like Prue after season 3, getting a new sister and now Madeleine Mantock & Sarah Jeffrey hate each other just like Shannen and Alyssa did nnn :skull:

Charmed was a mess, but the reboot was worse 

2 hours ago, Subzero said:

Also, it's so funny how history repeated with Macy being killed off/the actress leaving just like Prue after season 3, getting a new sister and now Madeleine Mantock & Sarah Jeffrey hate each other just like Shannen and Alyssa did nnn :skull:

Wait, really?! What happened?

13 minutes ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

Wait, really?! What happened?

Well (let me add a spoil since it's lengthy)

Spoiler

Sarah's sister was talking crap on instagram/tiktok apparently about Madeleine saying she was a a monster on set and a bully to her (she was Sarah's stand in double sometimes) and said she made the set a nightmare and that her reason for leaving wasn't that she felt the writers didn't listen to her input on what Macy's story should be, she wasn't happy with how Macy's character was developing, didn't feel her voice as a black woman and lead was respected and eventually wanted to leave (thats a whole other thing) but basically that she made the set hell for everyone but that was quickly debunked when Madeleine posted on Instagram letters from cast and crew proving just the opposite and that song was lovely to everyone. She basically implied Sarah's sister was one way to her face snd then another behind her back on social media. So basically Sarah's sister was being an attention seeking liar and ofc Sarah being her sister stood by her.

Sarah and Madeleine unfollowed each other on all social media platforms which is sad because out of three main cast they seemed to be the closest and she's even in Madeleine's youtube videos when she was on set, always liked each others insta posts and they got a long really well.

So, basically Sarah's sister ruined their relationship by spreading false rumours about Madeleine being a b*tch and now they don't speak at all :rip:

Edited by Subzero

3 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

Well Charmed isn’t remember for being… a well written show

that’s true too lol

4 hours ago, Subzero said:

Mess :rip: the finale was definitely messy and rushed but I enjoyed the little nod to the original and a Charmed multiverse would have been cool.

I know everyone loves to hate the reboot but even as much of an OG Charmed stan I am, I enjoyed the reboot for what it was. I love the Charmed universe so it made me happy to have it back in whatever way it could be and I grew to love the new one as messy as it was (Macy was the best part lbr) and that's just my opinion but... jfc, both sets of writers on both shows have shown to be so messy and immature, it's constant entertainment :toofunny2:

I get it's a polarizing thing for some fans and a lot don't like how far the reboot strayed from the original so I understand some of the backlash, but I'll never forgive the og Charmed fandom but the horrible racist **** they did and said to harass the new girls since even before the show dropped. The constant racist abuse those girls got (especially Madeleine Mantock) for just doing a job was insane and unnecessary. So The Charmed fandom can f*ck off, I hope they never get the revival they beg for, no matter how much I want one myself. Not that it would ever happen since the cast all hate each other :dies:

I mean a revival would mean the actresses want to work with one another again. No way Rose and Alyssa are on the same set ever again. And thank god cause Charmed became bad as seasons went by, it was really good in the first three seasons with Shannen. S4 was good but then it became a mess of which one of them would get the most undressed

1 hour ago, Subzero said:

Well (let me add a spoil since it's lengthy)

Hide contents

Sarah's sister was talking crap on instagram/tiktok apparently about Madeleine saying she was a a monster on set and a bully to her (she was Sarah's stand in double sometimes) and said she made the set a nightmare and that her reason for leaving wasn't that she felt the writers didn't listen to her input on what Macy's story should be, she wasn't happy with how Macy's character was developing, didn't feel her voice as a black woman and lead was respected and eventually wanted to leave (thats a whole other thing) but basically that she made the set hell for everyone but that was quickly debunked when Madeleine posted on Instagram letters from cast and crew proving just the opposite and that song was lovely to everyone. She basically implied Sarah's sister was one way to her face snd then another behind her back on social media. So basically Sarah's sister was being an attention seeking liar and ofc Sarah being her sister stood by her.

Sarah and Madeleine unfollowed each other on all social media platforms which is sad because out of three main cast they seemed to be the closest and she's even in Madeleine's youtube videos when she was on set, always liked each others insta posts and they got a long really well.

So, basically Sarah's sister ruined their relationship by spreading false rumours about Madeleine being a b*tch and now they don't speak at all :rip:

Welp! The Charmed's curse keeps on going i see. Watch them reconciliate and then feud with another cast member like Alyssa and Rose are at the moment :deadbanana:

37 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

I mean a revival would mean the actresses want to work with one another again. No way Rose and Alyssa are on the same set ever again. And thank god cause Charmed became bad as seasons went by, it was really good in the first three seasons with Shannen. S4 was good but then it became a mess of which one of them would get the most undressed

Yeah I doubt it will ever happen but fans still beg for it like have you seen the cast interac, they can't stand each other :toofunny2: And as much as I really love the show, when Shannen left (season 4 was great) it became a parody of itself and kinda lost it's magic (ironic).

28 minutes ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

Welp! The Charmed's curse keeps on going i see. Watch them reconciliate and then feud with another cast member like Alyssa and Rose are at the moment :deadbanana:

IKR :skull:

I hope they do, they genuinely seemed to like one another but as for Melonie, her and Mads were friendly but never thay close. The og girls definitely had more drama and history to get them to the point they're at with one another now :dies:

11 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Yeah I doubt it will ever happen but fans still beg for it like have you seen the cast interac, they can't stand each other :toofunny2: And as much as I really love the show, when Shannen left (season 4 was great) it became a parody of itself and kinda lost it's magic (ironic).

IKR :skull:

I hope they do, they genuinely seemed to like one another but as for Melonie, her and Mads were friendly but never thay close. The og girls definitely had more drama and history to get them to the point they're at with one another now :dies:

I used to still see it with my kid eyes but rewatched the whole show last year and it was painful sometimes

also the actresses attacks on women of colors was not pretty (apart from Shannon who was very supportive). I mean most of those actresses faded into nothingness when the show ended

22 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

also the actresses attacks on women of colors was not pretty (apart from Shannon who was very supportive). I mean most of those actresses faded into nothingness when the show ended

I'm not overly sure what the reboot actresses' races have to do with any of the comments the OG's made about the reboot, particularly after the disparaging comments the new actors made about the original. That seems like you're massively reaching for an angle to attack the original actresses.

Also saying they faded into nothing is categorically false when they all have been pretty consistently working and have appeared in high profile projects.

Hmm fishy about the so called “writer.” Because based on that teeet they sound like a 15 yr old. 

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I'm not overly sure what the reboot actresses' races have to do with any of the comments the OG's made about the reboot, particularly after the disparaging comments the new actors made about the original. That seems like you're massively reaching for an angle to attack the original actresses.

Also saying they faded into nothing is categorically false when they all have been pretty consistently working and have appeared in high profile projects.

Rose - N/A

Holly - PLL and not even that big of a role

Alyssa - Mistresses (left after two seasons, flop summer show on ABC) / Insatiable (2 show on Netflix that tanked too)

define high profile

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

Rose - N/A

Holly - PLL and not even that big of a role

Alyssa - Mistresses (left after two seasons, flop summer show on ABC) / Insatiable (2 show on Netflix that tanked too)

define high profile

Why would I define high profile when clearly you understand what it means, considering you named high profile projects they were involved in. :toofunny3:

I get it, you don't like them. But the narrative you're trying to paint is categorically false. They have not faded into nothing and have all been working professionally since the show finished. Try something else.

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Why would I define high profile when clearly you understand what it means, considering you named high profile projects they were involved in. :toofunny3:

I get it, you don't like them. But the narrative you're trying to paint is categorically false. They have not faded into nothing and have all been working professionally since the show finished. Try something else.

I've been an OG Charmed fan since forever, I remember starting both PLL and Mistresses for Holly and Alyssa

but their attitude and bitter nasty comments just didn't make it for me, it was sad for them to act like divas as if they owned the show's IP when it was CBS

of course, it was sad how they first brought the show to life meaning the old one was complete trash but also be the bigger person

I get why Sarah Michelle Gellar shaded the show post Shannen

anyway love the new writers take, they seem more adult than those old bitter writers

https://twitter.com/CharmedWriters/status/1535763480401195008?s=20&t=uxpHStUmxsAWvvYtIsB9og

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

I've been an OG Charmed fan since forever, I remember starting both PLL and Mistresses for Holly and Alyssa

but their attitude and bitter nasty comments just didn't make it for me, it was sad for them to act like divas as if they owned the show's IP when it was CBS

of course, it was sad how they first brought the show to life meaning the old one was complete trash but also be the bigger person

I find it fascinating that you continue to try and re-write history, as if the new actresses didn't bad-mouth the original first. :toofunny3: It's blatantly misleading.

I personally don't see an issue with the original actresses being unhappy that they weren't asked to be involved in any capacity when the reboot is essentially using the (still prevalent and high vocal) fanbase of the original without effectively paying tribute to the original. The original is still overwhelmingly loved (unlike the car crash reboot), so for them to not involve the original cast in any capacity is pretty disrespectful and rightfully ruffled feathers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.