• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• ZIVERT

• RockStarShit101

• SavagePapi

3 hours ago, Raiden said:

You know damn well that is one and the same thing.

There was never two superbowls available for each (somebody other than her should have made the (in and of itself a valid) point that the NFL was wrong to assume that either stars are not big enough to headline a whole halftime by themselves. It's not JLo's place to complain as that appears ungrateful. Most singers never get to have any kind of halftime show. So it it's a bit of an arrogance to complain about the halftime you got.

On top of that, once JLo decided to wade into this sensitive subject, she should have been very careful and tactful. She could have said something along the lines of how everyone must keep in mind that she is extremely happy and proud to have shared the moment with Shakira even tho she believes they both are worthy of having their own halftime show. JLo could have put it like this or something similar. Instead, she said what she said — it was all me me me. And that clearly came over to the public as entitled, whiny and resentful of sharing the stage with Shaki. Her complaint was trending on twitter so this was clearly terrible PR move. JLo communicated badly.

To make matters worse Shaki is in the headlines for another reason so it's bad timing too. If the idea to float this halftime share complaint came from JLo's PR team or other employee or employees then they need to get fired.

The documentary isn’t even out yet. You know media loves to take quotes and pull them out of context or make them sound more exciting than they are. It’s called clickbait and it works, seeing how the media pitting these women against each other by taking some random quote and directing them at Shakira is getting everyone talking and mad. It’s nothing new. 

Also, I bolded the part in your text because we don’t even know if she said something like this because the thing hasn’t even come out yet. Even if she does say that, would you even think media would pick it up? Of course not, they love the juicy story of two Popstars working together and hating each other. So far, we only know she preferred a solo headline over co-headlining, and we’ve seen exact quotes where she’s telling Shakira she thinks they should equally split the time allotted. Which should also show that even though she may not have been very happy she still feels they both should be able to shine equally and she respects Shakira. Media is blowing this up as if she unequivocally said she hated having to share the stage with Shakira and or told her she is not worthy of any time on that stage. It’s just not the case.

As for the bad PR move, we’ll have to see this week when the doc comes out. Also, I doubt if it was a calculated PR move, since these articles only started to come out the day after the premiere to press. They took some of the quotes for their articles. So far, the early reviews have been Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, so critics do seem to like the film. I doubt they’d be as supportive if she would be a complete b!tçh to Shakira in the film (as the media is currently trying to paint J.Lo).

Edited by insomniac

On 6/10/2022 at 7:38 PM, Acclaimed said:

I totally get what she’s saying. She has a great point, but it’s a difficult subject matter. She must have foreseen the backlash or potential drama that would come out of mentioning such a huge, respected star as Shakira though.

This is probably started by her team to create interest around the doc. 

Oh absolutely, this is promo for the documentary spun by her team, using Shakira's name for headlines.

She didn’t mean that in harmful way, smh.

And btw, Jlo’s performance was so much better and more entertaining than Shakira’s, and I love them both.

Jlo killed it that night her stage presence her dancing her beauty her connecting with fans and haters yes the haters hated it because jlo did so good ? but she’s jlo she’s a living legend icon she’s so talented so beautiful 

On 6/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, ninetiesceline said:

Post superbowl growth:

Shakira

2.1 million — social media

+957% — downloads

221% — streams

Jlo

1.3 million — social media

+800% — downloads

149% — streams

Global Queen Shakira! <3 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.