Tweet Dragging J.Lo and Supporting Shakira Goes Viral

BOOM!

She really fell into this one..there was obviously going to be backlash..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• ZIVERT

• RockStarShit101

• SavagePapi

1 hour ago, insomniac said:

No. She also didn’t say that. Fan fiction :rip:

She did not say that, though. Ask @DRPapi809, he has seen the early preview of the film.

Also:

I've seen the documentary and she says she was unhappy that the NFL booked 2 OFFICIAL HEADLINERS, given they both deserver. Let alone women and LATINAS (Like 1 was not enough as viewed by white men and rock nation)  but made them split the 13-minute time slot that’s usually given to one act. I’ve seen the doc multiple times and there is no Shakira slander. She actually was sweet to her and complied with her team to come to a mutual part which was the end. Y'all see. I hope Y'all come apologizing with the same force Y'all scrutinizing her. 

Edited by DRPapi809

5 minutes ago, DRPapi809 said:

I've seen the documentary and she says she was unhappy that the NFL booked 2 OFFICIAL HEADLINERS, given they both deserver. Let alone women and LATINAS (Like 1 was not enough as viewed by white men and rock nation)  but made them split the 13-minute time slot that’s usually given to one act. I’ve seen the doc multiple times and there is no Shakira slander. She actually was sweet to her and complied with her team to come to a mutual part which was the end. Y'all see. I hope Y'all come apologizing with the same force Y'all scrutinizing her. 

Thank you for this. :clap3:

Maybe more people will watch the documentary now that Shakira’s name is being used to promote it :gaycat2:

I noticed this online too in a Buzzfeed article on Facebook. People are overwhelmingly supporting Shakira.

I get that Jennifer Lopez didn't have any malicious intent, and that NY Post article spins things really negatively to be sensational, but that's just the way the general public is perceiving the situation. It's unfortunate. Shakira is staying out of the conversation, and is probably not even aware since her own personal/family life is a mess right now.  

Hopefully, Shakira and Jennifer Lopez will one day release a collaboration so that people/fans will understand that there's no tension between them. 

as they should

How sad is it that even papers like The NY Times and other media outlets out there are still trying to pin the only two latinas who represent the Latin community on a global scale against the other. When will it end ?

Big difference between a friendly competition and creating little shady scenarios just because you Stan the one from the u.s. or the one born outside the u.s. that dude from NY times shouldn’t even be in journalism. That review sounds like a high school freshman wrote it. and I’ve seen better students write better articles lol

why is it other news sources and fans who attended the premiere are all saying this wasn’t even about Shakira? She was just mad about the damn time, and why artists of their caliber have to share the stage when other acts like Beyoncé Gaga have done it alone. I get it. Oh well. They better stop their little shady acts before NFL never invites them back anywhere even if its to host something. sometimes it’s best just to keep your mouths shut like Shakira & Beyoncé and their teams. 

3 hours ago, RockStarShit101 said:

didn't see it but did she really say that? she was unhappy to share it with shakira?

jlo displaying typical Leo behavior and thinking everything revolves around them

Yes they each deserved their own but Shakiras would’ve been more viewed than hers and neither of their separate shows would’ve been as iconic as their joint one 

Shakira always wins!! 

Stay mad Jlo!! This why I don’t like her she is always fake 

I totally get what she’s saying. She has a great point, but it’s a difficult subject matter. She must have foreseen the backlash or potential drama that would come out of mentioning such a huge, respected star as Shakira though.

This is probably started by her team to create interest around the doc. 

6 hours ago, ninetiesceline said:

Post superbowl growth:

Shakira

2.1 million — social media

+957% — downloads

221% — streams

Jlo

1.3 million — social media

+800% — downloads

149% — streams

Take into account one of them already had BIG downloads and big streams going on before the super bowl….. so yeah this percentage value is pretty subjective. No shade.

Edited by Joster

The ungratefulness, This Tommy mottola’s Side project getting brave.

Both of them deserved their own halftime show, but Shakira more so. JLo is not really a musician. She's a good performer and has many bops, but being a musician is secondary to her other projects. Shakira has been working really hard since the mid 90s to get to where she is now, and deserved to get all the spotlight for herself. 

people love to drag her but her career will survive another decade. she always win in the end.

And it turned out Shakira did a great job as an opening act :clap3:i guess everyone is happy :clap3:

Y'all allowing a purposfully misguided headline with goal of promoting misogyny indirectly to the public and cheering it on :rip:

Both latina legends deserved a solo headline but the end result was even better and nobody is getting anywhere near close to topping them

Its tweets LOL 

over 300k

I hate that they’re taking her quote out of context. 

Both ladies SLAYED the Super Bowl. But they both deserved full set lists. 

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Y'all allowing a purposfully misguided headline with goal of promoting misogyny indirectly to the public and cheering it on :rip:

Both latina legends deserved a solo headline but the end result was even better and nobody is getting anywhere near close to topping them

Preach sis :clap3:

On 6/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, insomniac said:

All the negative press surrounding that quote is just clickbait anyway. And people love to run with it. She never says she’s unhappy to share the stage with Shakira and there’s no bad mouthing Shakira in the doc either. She’s saying in the doc that both Shakira and her are deserving of their own HT slot.

But of course everyone loves to run with it.

Also; I remember most on ATRL also finding it shocking these girls didn’t get their own solo Halftime shows and had to co-headline. That’s what this is all about. All the artists that got to headline solo (and bring their own guests) in a 14 minute set. Yet, Shakira and J.Lo, two iconic global stars, had to co-headline, each doing with 6 minutes, while the next year a male got the solo slot again: The Weeknd. It’s as if the NFL thought two Latina’s were needed to do the job. 

You’d think they’d ask Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to co-headline? Hell no!

You know damn well that is one and the same thing.

There was never two superbowls available for each (somebody other than her should have made the (in and of itself a valid) point that the NFL was wrong to assume that either stars are not big enough to headline a whole halftime by themselves. It's not JLo's place to complain as that appears ungrateful. Most singers never get to have any kind of halftime show. So it it's a bit of an arrogance to complain about the halftime you got.

On top of that, once JLo decided to wade into this sensitive subject, she should have been very careful and tactful. She could have said something along the lines of how everyone must keep in mind that she is extremely happy and proud to have shared the moment with Shakira even tho she believes they both are worthy of having their own halftime show. JLo could have put it like this or something similar. Instead, she said what she said — it was all me me me. And that clearly came over to the public as entitled, whiny and resentful of sharing the stage with Shaki. Her complaint was trending on twitter so this was clearly terrible PR move. JLo communicated badly.

To make matters worse Shaki is in the headlines for another reason so it's bad timing too. If the idea to float this halftime share complaint came from JLo's PR team or other employee or employees then they need to get fired.

Edited by Raiden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.