STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

"The Last of Us Part I" | out now for PS5

NicoleAMatty

https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/nd.images/uploads/d20220518_TLOUX_SocialAssets_T1X_-Annouce_16x9.jpg

The Last of Us released almost a decade ago on the PlayStation 3 console, and it’s left an indelible mark on our studio. Joel and Ellie’s story continues to be powerfully evocative with players worldwide, and we’re humbled these characters continue to leave an impression.

With leaps in technology and hardware that allow us to push the limits of the visual fidelity and interactivity, we’re thrilled to announce this complete remake of The Last of Us, releasing September 2, 2022 for the PlayStation 5 console and in development for PC.

We’ve implemented modernized gameplay, improved controls, and expanded accessibility options in this single-player experience to allow even more individuals to enjoy the game. Effects, exploration, and combat have all been enhanced. Leveraging the PS5’s powerful hardware, we also implemented 3D Audio*, haptics, and adaptive triggers. Both returning fans and new players alike will have the opportunity to experience both The Last of Us Part I and its prequel story Left Behind in a whole new way.

Edited by NicoleAMatty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicoleAMatty

• Hephaestus

• Cottonmouth

• BNF91

Honestly don’t think this remake is needed. I mean the 2013 remaster still holds up to this day. I don’t get why they did this.

:michael:

edit: Oop, on further researching, it’s apparently a remaster of the remastered version? Ok, that makes much more sense than a full on remake. 

Edited by D_Man3379

a remake for a game that's not even 10 years old

couldn't they throw away that money towards new content?

I will never understand the trend to remaster/remake games that aren't even 10 years old :psyduck:

Also it's full price... The GREED!

sG0sS1x.gif

Still great news for PC players! The way they are WINNING!

sG0sS1x.gif

7 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

Honestly don’t think this remake is needed. I mean the 2013 remaster still holds up to this day. I don’t get why they did this.

:michael:

I agree. I wish they would at least add new scenarios to the story, but judging from the trailer it doesn't seem like the game got any new content

the way this company is falling apart safkadhdjsakjfdh

sG0sS1x.gif

lemme remind some ladies that you can always

PLAY SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD

sG0sS1x.gif

Edited by NicoleAMatty

2 minutes ago, NicoleAMatty said:

lemme remind some ladies that you can always

PLAY SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD

sG0sS1x.gif

Yeah, I'd really like to play Factions 2 if they only decided to release it 

sG0sS1x.gif

Can’t wait to order and receive my Firefly edition :WAP:

OMFG I CANNOT WAIT :jonny5: LEFT BEHIND INCLUDED.

IT'S SO CLOSE. JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!

Edited by Cottonmouth

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Yeah, I'd really like to play Factions 2 if they only decided to release it 

sG0sS1x.gif

soon

sG0sS1x.gif

So excited, but I hate the cover. Why are Naughty Dog so terrible with Game Covers. The Last Of Us Part II Cover was also a mess given how hauntingly stunning the game is.

10 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

OMFG I CANNOT WAIT :jonny5: LEFT BEHIND INCLUDED.

IT'S SO CLOSE. JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!

THE WAY I SCREAMED AT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT!

I cannot wait to experience this game again with these new graphics. 

I'm so happy I could cry! 

Not Sony getting Nintendo'd with the cheap remasters :zzz:

12 minutes ago, NicoleAMatty said:

soon

sG0sS1x.gif

Is this Lady GaGa? :thing:

Let's be real though, it should've come with the games or after a few months max, it's crazy that there's still no words about it

Is this going to be the new Skyrim?

1 minute ago, Cutthroat said:

THE WAY I SCREAMED AT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT!

I cannot wait to experience this game again with these new graphics. 

I'm so happy I could cry! 

IKR. I was gonna replay the whole series again last month, since it would be a full year since my first playthrough of Part II. But looks like I will just have to wait. I am a bit skeptical since I do think the original on PS3 still holds up today - but I can't complain about the improved graphics and smooth gameplay.

Hate the cover for the game though.

Here's a better link as the one in the OP kept buffering for me...

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! 

3 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Is this going to be the new Skyrim?

yes

timeless classiqués only

sG0sS1x.gif

4 minutes ago, Cottonmouth said:

IKR. I was gonna replay the whole series again last month, since it would be a full year since my first playthrough of Part II. But looks like I will just have to wait. I am a bit skeptical since I do think the original on PS3 still holds up today - but I can't complain about the improved graphics and smooth gameplay.

Hate the cover for the game though.

I replayed it last week and it still looks amazing, but this new trailer makes it look so dated. I can't get over how stunning the graphics are. I'm glad that now they'll be able to make the doctor at the end actually look like Abby's dad so it'll flow better as a story.

This will always be my favourite franchise and I'm so happy right now I could actually cry lol. Ellie and Joel were the first tattoos I ever got. My babies! :heart2:

I can already tell this console generation is gonna pan out longer than the PS4. The first few years are so dry. :deadbanana2:

How many times are they going to repackage this trash game. 

Ellie looks much more charming in the original compared to this new version. She looks way older than she's supposed to be now actually.

Edited by Aristide

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.