J.Lo & Shakira discuss Super Bowl Halftime Show preparations in Netflix Halftime doc

insomniac

7 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

J.Lo was basically saying, "Puerto Ricans are American too, Born in the USA. And telling all Latinos to "Get Loud". In other words, to be proud of where they came from.

That makes sense. Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• SavagePapi

• Yudelkis

• Rican

Watch this :deadbanana2:

it starts at 6:00

JLo girl, you keep digging your own grave

I have no doubt that Jennifer’s team is pushing these SB half time articles. Drama is good for press and drawing attention. And that’s okay. :giraffe:

FU5JLFDWAAAxx9t?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If you do a Google search on Shakira right now, the top stories will likely feature a number of click-bait articles with titles proclaiming how Lopez thought sharing the stage with Shakira was a terrible idea. Having zero fight in this, allow me to offer some context: in the documentary, while on the phone with Shakira discussing what the pair will do during the program, Lopez tells her that the NFL has given them around 14 minutes to perform (due to the need of setting up & breaking down the production to get back to the game), which gives each around six minutes. In her frustration, she explains that it was a bad idea to have two headliners as neither has enough time to put on the show their respective fans deserve. This was not a statement of Lopez’s own superiority or a declaration of how this was her (Lopez’s) show. Everything the two discussed was collaborative and supportive with zero denigration aimed at either party. Instead, a single conversation is stripped of context and used to gain clicks and sell ad space. Coincidentally, this gets to the heart of Micheli’s Halftime and the approach of the documentary to explore Lopez as a professional performer.

WCIH9mn.gif

https://elementsofmadness.com/2022/06/13/halftime/

@insomniac @SavagePapi @DanceAgain

27 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

If you do a Google search on Shakira right now, the top stories will likely feature a number of click-bait articles with titles proclaiming how Lopez thought sharing the stage with Shakira was a terrible idea. Having zero fight in this, allow me to offer some context: in the documentary, while on the phone with Shakira discussing what the pair will do during the program, Lopez tells her that the NFL has given them around 14 minutes to perform (due to the need of setting up & breaking down the production to get back to the game), which gives each around six minutes. In her frustration, she explains that it was a bad idea to have two headliners as neither has enough time to put on the show their respective fans deserve. This was not a statement of Lopez’s own superiority or a declaration of how this was her (Lopez’s) show. Everything the two discussed was collaborative and supportive with zero denigration aimed at either party. Instead, a single conversation is stripped of context and used to gain clicks and sell ad space. Coincidentally, this gets to the heart of Micheli’s Halftime and the approach of the documentary to explore Lopez as a professional performer.

period-done.gif

On 6/11/2022 at 6:13 PM, vuelve88 said:

I have no doubt that Jennifer’s team is pushing these SB half time articles. Drama is good for press and drawing attention. And that’s okay. :giraffe:

I don’t think they needed to push anything. Media just runs with these sort of things. Take quotes and offer them without context to start drama. Especially the pitting of two people against each other. It’s effective clickbait. Just think about it and how media negatively runs with information to push a certain narrative. I’m sure you can think of instances with your fave or any other artist where this has also happened.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:13 PM, vuelve88 said:

I'm waiting for your review since you are a Shakira fan.

I finish it and I didn't seen any shade or what from Jennifer, there was a little cute moment when Shakira said to Max (JLo son) that she have 2 boys.:heart2:

On 6/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, insomniac said:

Shakira: "I don't want to perform Born in the U.S.A. I wasn't born in the U.S.A.
J.Lo: "Well, you come here and you perform here, right?"

100% fake news, Shakira don't say that and Jennifer don't say that in the documentary. 

THE LIES that y'all believe. (Even me :rip:)

6 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

5 hours ago, insomniac said:

period-done.gif

I don’t think they needed to push anything. Media just runs with these sort of things. Take quotes and offer them without context to start drama. Especially the pitting of two people against each other. It’s effective clickbait. Just think about it and how media negatively runs with information to push a certain narrative. I’m sure you can think of instances with your fave or any other artist where this has also happened.

The trolls are mighty quiet today.

But screams in "a tweet got over 200K likes so it must be true".

remy-ma-laugh.gif

Y'all should go and jump on #WeLoveJLO & #JusticeForJLO on twitter if Y'all want to make noise just as much as they did. 

19 minutes ago, DRPapi809 said:

Y'all should go and jump on #WeLoveJLO & #JusticeForJLO on twitter if Y'all want to make noise just as much as they did. 

No.

Y'all should just make #Halftime trending, that's it and stream her music. She doesn't have a strong base to make a Justice operation, deal with it. :coffee2:

26 minutes ago, DRPapi809 said:

Yeah it's cute but that ain't happening. She doesn't have a strong base and me making an account on the Bird app ain't going to change that, nor will it be able to catch up with the hate she's getting from more popular bases.

21 minutes ago, DRPapi809 said:

Ion have Twitter, plus it's not real life. But I will support you from afar.

jennifer-lopez-jlo.gif

It just won't make much of a difference. 

Twitter kids will believe what they want to believe because they made it their full-time job to hate J.Lo. They'll spin the narrative of the doc upon release too.

2 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Ion have Twitter, plus it's not real life. But I will support you from afar.

jennifer-lopez-jlo.gif

It just won't make much of a difference. 

Twitter kids will believe what they want to believe because they made it their full-time job to hate J.Lo. They'll spin the narrative of the doc upon release too.

Talking about the Bird app. Someone should drag @___onthe6___

They were the one to spread the rumor about something J.Lo supposedly said about Shakira, which was never true. The Tweets have since been deleted (now that the doc came out) but you can still find some Tweets from Shakira fans defending Shaki on that now deleted Tweet: https://twitter.com/HoodieTheSequel/status/1534885144015753223

• 1 month later...

they just need to collaborate to bury the hatchet so the media and stans can stop putting them against each other

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.