Why did Lady Gaga’s music career fall after BTW?

Anna-Artdeco

Lady Gag was the pop girl for a hot minute with TFM and BTW but she had a steep fall with Artpop and Chromatica. Shallow was a brief resurgence but her recent soundtrack has not done well and her solo music efforts have not made any impact. Even her jazz album with Tony had a pitiful chart run. Why is this the case? Do we think she can still have a music career after this? 

You've been here for years and don't even know how to use the sections of the site? some people truly need to stay on twitter

2 minutes ago, Natawie said:

She ran out of gimmicks. 

I would stay quiet

4 minutes ago, Rickk said:

Not this again ?? aren't yall lil twinks tired yet? 

They're not twinks anymore

Are you asking because you weren’t born during that time period or because you genuinely don’t know how to use Google search?  

2 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Are you asking because you weren’t born during that time period or because you genuinely don’t know how to use Google search?  

Last time I checked, this is a discussion forum so no idea why you’re shitting yourself scared :rip:. I’m curious to hear everyone’s views. And no actually, I wasn’t into English music when Gaga was at her peak. 

Edited by Anna-Artdeco

5 minutes ago, Natawie said:

She ran out of gimmicks. 

I have to agree

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

You've been here for years and don't even know how to use the sections of the site? some people truly need to stay on twitter

did i struck a nerve :WAP:

8 minutes ago, Natawie said:

She ran out of gimmicks. 

Deffo

maxresdefault.jpg

8 minutes ago, Natawie said:

She ran out of gimmicks. 

They were fun for a while 

Just now, Anna-Artdeco said:

Last time I checked, this is a discussion forum. I’m curious to hear everyone’s views. And no actually, I wasn’t into English music when Gaga was at her peak. 

This exact thread is made several times per month and gets several pages.  “I’m curious to hear everyone’s views” we’re not stupid, try harder.

She didn't have what it takes to go the distance. It's as simple as that.

What’s it like being delusional? :bibliahh:

Her music career was built on gimmicks (her greatest hits were literally basic Red One productions and/or basic Euro Pop samples ala JD/PR/BR) and very little musical substance so once the gimmicks got tired the people had no reason to pay attention anymore. Interscope saw this coming from miles away which is why they worked so hard to cultivate a very impressionable (gay) fan base that thinks they're stanning a complex avant garde artist that is under-performing / not connecting cause she's "misunderstood" instead of her just being mediocre and musically unremarkable. 

She also started doing kids shows performing with Squid outfits, inflated balloons and messy looking costumes: 

3eee250084fdd365376c78e8cdba0d2b.jpg

tumblr_n6pe4vby6a1rvvk8yo1_500.gif

340px-Lady_Gaga_Enigma_Bad_Romance.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Sexy-Enigma-Show-14.jpg

Edited by Jjang

Why katycazz are obsessed with Gaga ? Cause Katy is over???

The desperation lady gaga 60th grammys GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

36 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

the user has only just started posting its a dupe on an old account they got from a discord or something. @Anna-Artdeco you do not stan taylor you are obsessed with gaga because of madonna and britney . hang it up!

Gaga is still active and just outside the tenth daily streamed females. Sorry, she is here to stay

britney-spears-dance.gif

5 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Gaga is still active and just outside the tenth daily streamed females. Sorry, she is here to stay

lanaboards-yikes.gif

Edited by Jay07

15 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

lanaboards-yikes.gif

Kate Bush's song will have more streams than any madonna song soon and Britney is N/A from daily artists (unlike queen of longevity Shakira). Maybe their careers are more over.

lanaboards-yikes.gif

Edited by Mr. Stratus

Maybe the GP got tired of her self centered ways after she decided to self reference herself at the VMAs in 2013, despite not even clocking in 10 years in the industry yet. No one likes cocky!

58 minutes ago, Natawie said:

She ran out of gimmicks. 

i have to agree 

ladygaga-lady.gif%20

I actually think she’s in a good position because she can do more than just pop songs. She has a stable fan base and can tour until she’s in her 60’s like Madge.

she’s lazy tho, in my option Shallow was necessary but she toned down her image too young. She’s in her 30’s for gods sake she should be running pop being the eccentric and fun gaga. What she’s doing now with this toned down image and ballads she should’ve saved for her 40’s after she becomes a mom. 

her career is fine. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.