Robert DeNiro praises JLo and Taylor Swift

JBJT2786

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/robert-de-niro-jane-rosenthal-tribeca-taylor-swift-jennifer-lopez-1235270885/

Why did Jennifer Lopez’s documentary “Halftime” feel like a good fit for opening night?

Rosenthal: It’s always great to see the behind-the-scenes of what an artist goes through. You’d think, “Oh, it’s J.Lo. She gets anything done she wants.” It’s her perseverance and her passion to get the halftime show done that she wanted to tell. Her passion as an activist and as a woman of color, it’s a wonderful story behind the headlines. It’s gonna be a fun party, too.

De Niro: I haven’t seen it yet. I’d like to see it. She’s been there a long time. I’ve known her since… years ago. She’s hung in there. She’s terrifically professional.

Taylor Swift, who doesn’t do too many public appearances, is bringing her short film “All Too Well.” How did that collaboration come about?

Rosenthal: First of all, she’s in the neighborhood.

De Niro: She lives in the neighborhood?

Rosenthal: Well, I’m not supposed to discuss that.

De Niro: [Laughs]

Rosenthal: We’re always looking to show artists’ work to show what else they do — the interdisciplinary work. It’s always interesting to watch what artists do when they’re not doing what we think that they should continually do.

Are you fans of Taylor Swift’s music?

De Niro: I have all of her albums. [Laughs] I’m not not a fan. I probably hear her music and like it on the radio. My young daughter puts a station on, and it drives me crazy when they chat. When they have music, it’s OK

He made points with the JLo praise :clap3:

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

He didn't even say anything about J.Lo's talent because well... :rip:

6 hours ago, Stepfon said:

6 hours ago, gugunikko said:

It’s nice that Jlo is professional and nothing more. 

Robert Dinero is president of the Tribeca film festival, I’m sure they didn’t just select J.Lo’s Halftime documentary just because she’s professional. Stop hating :gaylocat1:

11 hours ago, Stepfon said:

Like she needs his validation, he's not God, bye.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Getaway Car TV music video with Robert Deniro 

Al Pacino too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.