Did You Ever Get Caught Doing “Girly” Things As a Kid?

Sergi91

no, i had an older brother and a military father so i was mostly doing whatever masc stuff they were up to

MadonnasBoyfriend

My very first memory was remembering hiding from my dad in the kitchen and was playing with my sisters barbies that I knew was not supposed to so I was hiding from my dad but he came walking towards the other side where I didn't expect him and he grabbed it from my hand and put it on top of the refrigerator and kept walking like it was nothing. I had to have been 3 cause that's when my parents divorced.

I still do girly things as an adult, such as moaning to Taylor’s Wildest Dreams 

i was always that kid that played with dolls and hung out with girls so all i did were girly things

it also gave my parents many years to get used to it so there were no surprises later

Yes and that was my personal business 

My parents let me dress up as Cinderella for my 3rd Halloween and my grandmother thought I was an actual little girl when I rang her doorbell. 

i used to want Barbie’s all the time cuz they were pretty and my parents always bought them for me but I remember my grandfather hiding them at the top of my closet cuz I couldn’t reach 

I used to hump the side of my bed watching wrestling (I was like 7 or some **** and it felt good and right) and my mom walked in on me doing it and I told her I was just looking under my bed for toys or something 

I begged my parents for the …baby one more time CD and even posed in front of my dad how Britney posed on the cover to make SURE he got the right one 

I did a lot of gay **** growing up and my parents just accepted it and let me live 

Thinking about when I stole my parent's friends daughters Polly Pockets and some cute outfits when I was like 8 and she was like 5 lmao. Loved them. :-( I was too embarassed to ask for girly toys but I wanted Sailor Moon dolls soooo bad. 

37 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

no, i had an older brother and a military father so i was mostly doing whatever masc stuff they were up to

why are u gay

Screenshot_20210910-142352_Instagram.thu

36 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

My very first memory was remembering hiding from my dad in the kitchen and was playing with my sisters barbies that I knew was not supposed to so I was hiding from my dad but he came walking towards the other side where I didn't expect him and he grabbed it from my hand and put it on top of the refrigerator and kept walking like it was nothing. I had to have been 3 cause that's when my parents divorced.

mine is similar

one of my first memories is being like 4 years old hiding in my mom's closet wearing her boots. i used to love wearing her shoes and i remember my dad storming in and getting mad at me. i think he said something like, "this is how you turn boys gay" to my mom :gaycat6:

I was totally an action figure obsessed kid but I liked playing with barbies sometimes. my parents didn't care they just bought me barbies if I wanted them lol they didn't even think it was a gay thing because they were shocked when I came out 

MadonnasBoyfriend
1 minute ago, brenda-walsh said:

mine is similar

one of my first memories is being like 4 years old hiding in my mom's closet wearing her boots. i used to love wearing her shoes and i remember my dad storming in and getting mad at me. i think he said something like, "this is how you turn boys gay" to my mom :gaycat6:

my mother was so lenient after he left but she tried lol. She would not get me a barbie but would buy me my little ponies. My sister used to make fun of me and was like remember when you used to brush little ponies hair lmao. My mom just had this weird line. Like i saw these slippers that were these toy dorthy ruby red slippers and i begged my mom for them and shes like they are for girls and i was crushed. But if she was out and see Madonna on a magazine cover shed get it for me and surprise me lmao. I went to go live with my dad in puetro rico cause i didnt like my moms new husband and my mom would mail me madonna magazines in the 2000s and my dad would get so mad lmao. Anyways my mom is a queen and my dads an ass who wishes id speak to him.

Yes :rip: I was so naive about it too, completely unaware about how others perceived it

No actually, I played T-Ball and my big obsessions were Pokémon YuGiOh and video games. The most “feminine” hobby I had growing up was just reading a lot ?

My mom caught me dancing to Hold It Against Me. It was pretty embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

my mother was so lenient after he left but she tried lol. She would not get me a barbie but would buy me my little ponies. My sister used to make fun of me and was like remember when you used to brush little ponies hair lmao. My mom just had this weird line. Like i saw these slippers that were these toy dorthy ruby red slippers and i begged my mom for them and shes like they are for girls and i was crushed. But if she was out and see Madonna on a magazine cover shed get it for me and surprise me lmao. I went to go live with my dad in puetro rico cause i didnt like my moms new husband and my mom would mail me madonna magazines in the 2000s and my dad would get so mad lmao. Anyways my mom is a queen and my dads an ass who wishes id speak to him.

why does this sound exactly like me :rip: my mom used to buy me girl hair clips and my sister would clown me for it. i also only used to listen to beyonce 24/7 and she loved it cause she was a huge stan too and would buy me her albums

33 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

why are u gay

it was my cosmic destiny, no amount of masc upbringing could change it i fear 

When I was like 4 years old, I used to lip sync for my whole family:gayliecat1:

JohnWayneHolland

So when I was like 6 I used to practice karate, and you know how the uniform looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnXSbkQnU7B1cWhjfnEv1

Well, at the time I was a big fan of Winx Club and I loved their outfits so I would take the pants off so the top would look like the skirts/costumes they wore when they transformed into fairies :gaycat6: at the time I didn't think of it as "feminine" or "girly", i just genuinely wanted to look like them, i didn't even try to hide it because I didn't see it as something bad or forbidden, I would walk around the house like that and my parents never told me anything about it, I'm kinda embarrassed now that I think of it tho :rip:

when i was 3-4 i used to put on this pink poodle skirt my sister use to have for a dance class she was in and i would spin around in it. when i was a few years older I would where a princess dress she had for halloween. I also used to make "skirts" out of shorts by putting both of my legs into on of the legs of the shorts then tuck in the other leg of the shorts. Me and my brother also used to make "dresses" by wrapping/tying blankets around ourselves in various ways. I was also would sneak in to my sisters room and just put her barbies in different out fits. 

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Yes :rip: I was so naive about it too, completely unaware about how others perceived it

This!

I remember me and my best friend often dressing up in his grandmothers high heel leather boots and leather gloves walking around like we were on a catwalk :skull:
I shudder to think of what else I did tbh

I used to get my parents to buy me Bratz dolls and convinced them that they were collectors items and not to be played with. :skull:

Yes and my family was pretty messy about it. Once when I was like 8 I sort of flicked my scarf and did a gay lil pose and my adult cousin hit me and said never to do **** like that. The gag was he was closeted

My grandma caught me posing with pijama on my head that was supposed to represent long hair lol

20 hours ago, Redstreak said:

No actually, I played T-Ball and my big obsessions were Pokémon YuGiOh and video games. The most “feminine” hobby I had growing up was just reading a lot ?

Reading is feminine?

21 hours ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

I begged my parents for the …baby one more time CD and even posed in front of my dad how Britney posed on the cover to make SURE he got the right one 

I did a lot of gay **** growing up and my parents just accepted it and let me live 

WAIT!!!! Which one?

The 'prayer hands' cover or the 'legs bent + head titled to one side' cover?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.