Hunger Games a forgotten franchise? Why?

bocelli

The movies and books were so popular back in the day, everyone was into it. But it feels as though people have forgotten about it? I mean Twilight or Harry Potter are still discussed and referenced to this day :emofish:

jlaw :cm:

I mean it was like a tight, constrained franchise for the most part. It started and finished with three books and the four films. (final book split into two films was so unnecessary but whatever, Hollywood was obsessed with that.)

Although there is a new-ish prequel book which I tried to read but found so boring I gave up.

I guess it definitely doesn't have as much impact as Twilight and Harry Potter, but it's definitely better than Twilight anyhow. I guess Hunger Games has the disadvantage of being a pretty rough dystopian tale, whereas the others have more romantic and fantasy elements which make their worlds a bit richer.

i still see the movies being referenced tho

Weren’t there too many knock offs that eventually they were all diluted versions of one another? Wasn’t there another franchise like Divergent or something?

Up until TBOSAS, there wasn't much expanded material to sustain the hype, and the third book being split into two movies made a lot of people fatigued with the franchise. I also personally think that dystopian series in general have a much more difficult time promoting themselves through products and promotional material.

I do hope the prequel movie reignites passion for the franchise. It's easily my favorite book series.

Even the Hanging Tree song or whatever it was called left no impact. 

KOMHStan13

This is kinda a bad take, there is a viral tweet every couple of days

not forgotten at all :rip: it's obviously not really talked about all that much since it's been years, but mention it and pretty much everyone will remember it

It’s on Hulu & all the films are still pulling high streams & breaking recorders.

It's better than Harry Potter and Twilight, that's for sure

It's definitely not forgotten, especially since there's been plenty of viral tweets recently & a decent amount of hype for the prequel :celestial5:

As for why it might not be as big as HP & Twilight, probably because there's less movies and the tone is significantly more serious. It also doesn't help that the first 2 films are generally intense action-adventure blockbusters while the 3rd is a slow burn war drama and the finale kinda mashes both sides together. Mockingjay Pt 1 is cute but I can totally understand why it would turn some people off.

Like others have said: totally not forgotten when there are viral tweets all the time about it :skull: And there is hype for the prequel that's coming out. 

I also find the Harry Potter comparisons tiring when that film franchise has been going on for decades and now has spin offs + major author controversy. 

Sure jan

communityIcon_hxcifn04h2p31.thumb.png.76

I don't know. But the movies are actually really nice. I was quite surprised when I watched them like 2 years ago or something.

hp's fanbase is still pretty cultish.

https://www.amazon.com/charts

the 10 most read novels last week, as usual, include all 7 books (the highest non-hp being Taylor Swift's where the crawdads sing).

not sure how much base the other two still have. 

The first movie was boring af. We watched it a million times in seventh grade. I never liked it.

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

It's better than Harry Potter and Twilight, that's for sure

This. 

I mean, Katniss crying with her dead sister's cat>>>stalker Snape crying for a woman that never loved him. :giraffe:

I think it's one of the most remembered sagas after the obvious one (HP and LOTR) so, I don't know.

Edited by Roberto
Typo

3 hours ago, Jotham said:

TBOSAS

Catching Fire? Mockingjay? What is this abbreviation? :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Catching Fire? Mockingjay? What is this abbreviation? :deadbanana2:

The ballad of Songbird and snakes, or something like that. The prequel that is coming next year. 

YES JLAW, YES FORGAGATEN

Harry Potter is just a big brand so no compare to that

Twilight was benefited from both of its lead are major super active Hollywood stars now, everytime they had new projects people will talk about Twilight. And the way the series went viral on tik tok with countless edit accounts for how bad it was, it was like its so bad its good. 

The hunger games series was great but they don`t build the brand that well, And J Law name is bigger than the series itself, like even when she is active people don`t immediately associate with The Hunger Games. Hopefully with those new movies the brand will make a comback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.