Iggy Azalea RT's Tweet about queer existence

SmittenCake

do you agree?

0ULmfEn.gif

roxxxy.thumb.jpeg.40f2b172be72b4135d47ee

Twitter is not the place to explain ideas and concepts about complex and dicey topics. 

The word invisible might be a bit much in this example. But I gather they’re saying is queer sexuality stands out as sexual because cis heterosexuality has been normalized as natural and expected in our society, for example the way straight boys are encouraged by society to be sexual towards women and expected to celebrate their sexuality is one example. They have the red carpet rolled out for them to do so, with until recently almost all media reinforcing and normalizing this for them. Religion also adds to this too. The gays and queers have to swim upstream to demonstrate our right to express our sexuality and for it to also be seen as just as natural and human. But your sexual orientation can impact many parts of your identity and experience.

I don’t see how this is controversial though, there are a lot of queer people who are asexual and often the only part of queer culture that is really seen is the sexual expression of it: because we know that’s what gets right wing people and news outlets worked up. Doesn’t mean we ain’t out there doing other ****. 

No wonder people get cancelled on Twitter….

Edited by Slap

Well, it's certainly more nuanced than that but I can't say I disagree. Everything queer definitely gets seen as more sexual than everything straight, if you compare the exact same scenarios side by side. I don't know that I agree that Hooters isn't seen as sexual tho :rip: 

5 hours ago, Jooj said:

Furry pfp? I'll pass :zzz:

:dies:

ot: he made points

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.