• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Sweetestsecret

Even though I didn’t hate the film Dwayne and his ego kinda deserved to be humbled.

Most DC movies flop these days, is anyone surprised after birds of prey, suicide squad and WW1984?

3 hours ago, FunCoric said:

Most DC movies flop these days, is anyone surprised after birds of prey, suicide squad and WW1984?

Wonder Woman 1984 was the best selling movie on physical media in 2021. Hardly a flop 

Edited by Brunette Ambition

3 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

Wonder Woman 1984 was the best selling movie on physical media in 2021. Hardly a flop 

who BUYS movies now? it BOMBED on theatres

10 hours ago, FunCoric said:

who BUYS movies now? it BOMBED on theatres

95% of theatres literally closed on the day it was released :deadbanana2: which is why we have to take rental and physical into the picture. 

The blu ray sold almost a million copies.

5 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

95% of theatres literally closed on the day it was released :deadbanana2: which is why we have to take rental and physical into the picture. 

The blu ray sold almost a million copies.

it was released in 2,151 theatres but if you wanna keep lying to make that flop look good okay then :redface:

2 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

it was released in 2,151 theatres but if you wanna keep lying to make that flop look good okay then :redface:

During a time when people were afraid to step foot outside, resulting in all box office numbers being horrid :rip: and even then WW84 was #1 for December 2020 and January 2021. 
Its not that hard :kitty:

Wonder Woman 1984 was a box office bomb, let's not lie now. Yes, it opened during the pandemic but the movie was so bad people didn't wanna go see it.

Another BOMB for the DCEU, the never-ending nightmare continues.

Man of Steel undeperformed

BvS underperdormed

JL TANKED

Shazam underperformed

Birds of Prey BOMBED

WW84 TANKED

ZSJL streaming BOMB

TSS TANKED

Black Adam TANKED

:deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, xrosup said:

Wonder Woman 1984 was a box office bomb, let's not lie now. Yes, it opened during the pandemic but the movie was so bad people didn't wanna go see it.

@Broken It flopped. But the context had a lot to do with that. There are many movies with mixed reviews that still make a profit at the BO. WW84 was released when the pandemic was still going strong. And there was a global lockdown. That affected its BO performance considerably.

Edited by Outside789

3 hours ago, Outside789 said:

@Broken It flopped. But the context had a lot to do with that. There are many movies with mixed reviews that still make a profit at the BO. WW84 was released when the pandemic was still going strong. And there was a global lockdown. That affected its BO performance considerably.

yeah I literally had to drive from illinois to indiana to see the movie :rip:

22 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

During a time when people were afraid to step foot outside, resulting in all box office numbers being horrid :rip: and even then WW84 was #1 for December 2020 and January 2021. 
Its not that hard :kitty:

not the third movie getting cancelled after our discussion :eek: :sistrens: i was right huh?

Edited by FunCoric

1 hour ago, FunCoric said:

not the third movie getting cancelled after our discussion :eek: :sistrens: i was right huh?

No you were not, Xtina Stan :rip: 

As the articles clearly state, a third installment is not moving forward in its current state, as it doesn’t fit the direction the new heads want for the “DCEU”.

there WILL be another Wonder Woman Film in the Future, whether portrayed by Gal Gadot or not. :foxaylove:

10 hours ago, FunCoric said:

However, we’re hearing that Jenkins was given the chance to take another stab at a Wonder Woman 3 treatment after receiving notes from all Warner Bros. motion picture brass (it wasn’t just Gunn and Safran’s decision). There were concerns about character arcs and payoffs, and the threequel emulating similar structural problems ala Wonder Woman 1984. She decided to take her toys and go home. The studio would like to do another Wonder Woman, however, the question is will Gal Gadot do it sans Jenkins. Warners’ intent was never to be sexist, rather, the blowing up of Wonder Woman 3 came down to creative differences. Her tweet a day before yesterday’s chaotic news makes it sound like she’s still game. 

https://deadline.com/2022/12/wonder-woman-3-patty-jenkins-james-gunn-responds-dc-1235193576/

aw :alexz3:

On 12/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, Broken said:

Shazam underperformed

I think this one did great, I mean who was willing to go to the movies to see this film about a totally unknown super hero.

12 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

I think this one did great, I mean who was willing to go to the movies to see this film about a totally unknown super hero.

Black Adam is also unknown to the GP, only DC and comic fans know him. 

1 hour ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Black Adam is also unknown to the GP, only DC and comic fans know him. 

That's why I thought it was a terrible Idea to release this film. I know Flash isn't as big as Superman or Batman but he has way more chance at succeeding than BA or Shazam. 

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

That's why I thought it was a terrible Idea to release this film. I know Flash isn't as big as Superman or Batman but he has way more chance at succeeding than BA or Shazam. 

I get your point, but at the same time Iron Man or Captain America were unknown to the GP when they were first released as people knew only X-Men and Spiderman from Marvel. Sometimes it works, and with Marvel everything did. lol DC is completely doomed and unlucky on their movies, except their games. it's a pity 'cause their catalogue of superheroes and villains is extremely good. 

Oh this is embarrassing. They definitely need to just nuke everything and start fresh.

6 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I get your point, but at the same time Iron Man or Captain America were unknown to the GP when they were first released as people knew only X-Men and Spiderman from Marvel. Sometimes it works, and with Marvel everything did. lol DC is completely doomed and unlucky on their movies, except their games. it's a pity 'cause their catalogue of superheroes and villains is extremely good. 

Iron man's first movie did great though, thor and Capitain America were the ones to flop but they managed to make all their heros successful with the Avengers film, something DC failed at with Justice League. Btw Hulk is iconic too, very verh well known since forever.

James Gunn walking into his new office and seeing how much of a Mess the WB and DC is ?? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.