Xtina Reflects on Her Bond w the LGBTQ+ Community:We've All Had to Fight to Be Heard

Dana Scully

People-Mag_Christina-Aguilera_02.jpg

"You are beautiful, no matter what they say."

With those words, the lyrics of her anthemic hit "Beautiful," Christina Aguilera first became a voice for the LGBTQ+ community 20 years ago. She further cemented her status as an ally with the music video for the song, which featured a gay couple and a transgender woman, a move that was seen as strikingly progressive in 2002.

"I love that Christina has never shied away from being there for our community," says singer VINCINT. "She has been a part of multiple campaigns for AIDS research and the imagery in her music videos have promoted LGBTQ+ love. Since the beginning of her career, she has lived proudly as an ally through her art."

Adds singer Fletcher: "Christina Aguilera is one of the greatest voices of our time. Just as powerful is how she's loudly used that voice to uplift the LGBTQ+ community throughout her career."

Facts only!

Edited by Dana Scully

She's always been an ALLY. Her Stripped album literally saved the lives of many LGBT+ teens.

And she did it all when the majority of Americans were against gay people... :smitten:

11 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

Queen!

E2zxqBoXMAAsHBK.jpg:large

Happy Pride, sis!

200.gif

9 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

She's always been an ALLY. Her Stripped album literally saved the lives of many LGBT+ teens.

And she did it all when the majority of Americans were against gay people... :smitten:

it truly did! :sosad:

Beautiful alone not to mention Soar, the Voice Within KOSMS, CHUD was huge for girls/women basically the whole album lol

Oh wow I didn't know this. Queen ?

Xtina is THE 2000s LGBT ally, put some respect on her name ATRL

She's such a kween. :heart:

"We"? I didn't know she was a part of the queer community. Good for her! :clap3:

24 minutes ago, Beyoncé Knowles said:

Oh wow I didn't know this. Queen ?

oh yeah, Queen X has always fought for equality she's massive on that

She was an ally before it was cool to do it. Kudos to her

55 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

People-Mag_Christina-Aguilera_02.jpg

People-Mag_Christina-Aguilera_01.jpg

Damn!!!

ot: I love her, she’s been with us since Beautiful ❤️

I believe her, in 2002 releasing that video was a huge risk.

And she does that when so many hateful  gays always trying to bring her down :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.