Western Europe vs North America, better option for masters?

Before Today

Ok so which one would you choose to study in and which specific country, and why? Perhaps if you're from either of these two regions, or you've finished your masters in either region, any tips/reasons why you chose to study in that region/country/university?

It really depends on what you are studying I think and where you want to ultimately live.  Also, it probably depends on the programs you get into.    

It honestly depends on your interests, concentration, and etc. I’m American and got my degree in the US but I did wish I went to school overseas for the experience but was too afraid to.

Where do you live right now?

It's easier to be American, study in Europe and work in either America or Europe. 

But not the other way round.

If you want a job and to live in America, and are not already American, you would be best off studying in America as they tend to only accept US programs/college credits for new job starters.

It depends which part as neither are monolith and what you want to study as well as your budget, interests, language skills etc

If you're considering moving to Europe and starting a career there, then it would be best if you study abroad. Doing this will open the door to easily get citizenship or at least a work visa until you decide what you want to do. Getting a degree in North America will likely force you to stay here. 

It depends on what you study and where you want to work and live. If you want to run away from guns, police violence, bad healthcare system, ridiculous high rent, student debt,... run to Germany offering a migration path for students from any continent.

Edited by katykater

Western Europe. France gives you a path to citizenship if you graduate. Germany has free tuition, subsidized housing for students, and a relatively simple visa process.

Studied both in the UK and Spain and honestly the student life in Europe >>>>> 

You need to be way more specific than that lmao, idk why people group European countries together and think experiences will be the same regardless

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.