Kylie About a Vegas Residency

Elvenpath

37 minutes ago, ~Start The Music said:

Enough with these stupid residencies 

but that's where the money is like what else should they do?

7 hours ago, Mast said:

I would literally give a limb to go see Kylie in Vegas but wouldn't go see Katy even if she personally handed me a free VIP ticket. I think she'll be fine.

i'm sure a lot of katy fans do it all to see katy there too

that ain't enough to sell out though 

Everything's already been said here - it's a bad idea. International travel is not back at its peak yet, far from it. The hype around her 2009 show was so big because she'd never visited. 

Even with a small venue, now, it's not enough to justify doing even a limited engagement - the demand just isn't there in a country that doesn't have an extensive history with her.

6 hours ago, Punky Rooster said:

If she did a run of 6 - 8 shows in a smaller venue, she could sell it out if it's marketed to older gays and retirees etc with a show of disco covers and a buffet meal but otherwise not a smart idea.

:lmao:The shade, but yeah, I don't think it's a good idea either considering the US doesn't care for her. Andy should know better than to ask a stupid question...or was he trolling her?

I think she could do a small one, it's not like she's completely unknown in the states

Do Los Angeles Residency

International travel is def back IDK why some folks on here are saying it's not. The only thing you need to get into the States now is a negative test. I just traveled to the UK and back for work and the airports were POPPIN.

Kylie would do fine with a Vegas residency, especially if they chose the right theatre/venue. Robbie Williams' seemed like it was successful in terms of sales, and IMO she has a bigger fanbase here in the States than he does.

She’d be fine in Vegas, it wouldn’t be some massive multi-year engagement, but she could absolutely draw enough people in for a respectable amount of dates there.

It also would be good because she could give her fans a more classic Kylie level production value than she would be able to if she just did a smaller venue US tour. Though admittedly I’d be perfectly fine if she just toured with like a disco ball and some backup dancers.

2 hours ago, savedthemixtape said:

International travel is def back IDK why some folks on here are saying it's not. The only thing you need to get into the States now is a negative test. I just traveled to the UK and back for work and the airports were POPPIN.

Too much workers have quit airline or airport jobs and there aren't enough workers to keep up with the amount of flights and people going to the airports. Mass flight cancellations and strikes are going to ruin the start of the Summer vacation. It is difficult to find new recruits because they don't want to have the uncertainty if Miss Rona strikes back and don't want to work for companies that are broke after 2 years of COVID and high oil price is also bad for aviation.

She may able to do a short-term residency at Flamingo. That's where Paula Abdul had hers and it's only a 700 capacity theatre. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.