• Reverie

• Ace Reject

• ATRL Moderator

nlXTKiJ.png

LOVE IS A GAME

Average score: 6.70

High score: 10 (@Taemira)

Low score: (@madonnas)

Sweeping, sentimental, shamelessly indulgent at nearly seven minutes, the final track from the standard edition of 30 sends the album off on a gloriously retro wall of sound as Adele bemoans that “Love Is a Game” for fools before finally conceding that she’ll “do it all again/I love it now like I loved it then.” She told interviewers that she imagined it as the song that should have soundtracked the end of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which was playing in the studio when she recorded it.

Best bit: the echoing background vocals of the second verse (and beyond) give Adele her own doo-wop girl group

ATRL says...: “Now this is done well,” @BnPac stated.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

nlXTKiJ.png

LOVE IS A GAME

High score: 10 (@Taemira)

Low score: (@madonnas)

Sweeping, sentimental, shamelessly indulgent at nearly seven minutes, the final track from the standard edition of 30 sends the album off on a gloriously retro wall of sound as Adele bemoans that “Love Is a Game” for fools before finally conceding that she’ll “do it all again/I love it now like I loved it then.” She told interviewers that she imagined it as the song that should have soundtracked the end of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which was playing in the studio when she recorded it.

Best bit: the echoing background vocals of the second verse (and beyond) give Adele her own doo-*** girl group

ATRL says...: “Now this is done well,” @BnPac stated.

tumblr_inline_r3m0knrh3e1qktomp_500.gif

• ATRL Moderator

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• ATRL Moderator

I just want to state for the record that 30 is a good album and you all did it wrong!

• ATRL Moderator

Mama this is a massacre! Not Adele becoming the HAIM of this rate. The Jason Isbell. The Car Seat Headrest!

• ATRL Moderator

Last one for tonight is another major single. There will be several of those coming up in the next update as well.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Ace Reject said:

Mama this is a massacre! Not Adele becoming the HAIM of this rate. The Jason Isbell. The Car Seat Headrest!

I hate it here

• ATRL Moderator

Drivers License?

• ATRL Moderator

x0IgNxi.png

LOST CAUSE

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @ultraviolence.xx)

Low score: (@Insanity)

An absolutely brutal diss track for an ex. Over a simpering, jazz-inflected beat, Billie Eilish, an audible smirk in her voice, coolly drags him as deluded, inconsiderate, simple – a straight-up loser with no job. (Based on the 22 seconds of silent black at the end of the music video, fans speculate that she’s singing about rapper 7: AMP, whom she dated when she was 16 and he was 22.) Released as the fourth single from Happier Than Ever, “Lost Cause” debuted and peaked at #27 on the Billboard Hot 100, making more of a splash for the music video, where Billie got sexy with a group of girlfriends at a slumber party, causing a minor controversy.

Best bit: “I used to think you were shy/But maybe you just had nothing on your mind”

ATRL says...: @madonnas thought it was “good song,” comparing it to “Punch at the Wedding” by Radiohead. @Ewan Chaos cackled at “people crying that this song was ‘offensive to people who don’t have jobs’ klnfkldhflkhdflhd.” @Ace Reject suggested that “this needs to be a tad faster.”

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Drivers License?

Hmm, foreshadowing...

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

x0IgNxi.png

LOST CAUSE

An absolutely brutal diss track for an ex. Over a simpering, jazz-inflected beat, Billie Eilish, an audible smirk in her voice, coolly drags him as deluded, inconsiderate, simple – a straight-up loser with no job. (Based on the 22 seconds of silent black at the end of the music video, fans speculate that she’s singing about rapper 7: AMP, whom she dated when she was 16 and he was 22.) Released as the fourth single from Happier Than Ever, “Lost Cause” debuted and peaked at #27 on the Billboard Hot 100, making more of a splash for the music video, where Billie got sexy with a group of girlfriends at a slumber party, causing a minor controversy.

Best bit: “I used to think you were shy/But maybe you just had nothing on your mind”

ATRL says...: @madonnas thought it was “good song,” comparing it to “Punch at the Wedding” by Radiohead. @Ewan Chaos cackled at “people crying that this song was ‘offensive to people who don’t have jobs’ klnfkldhflkhdflhd.” @Ace Reject suggested that “this needs to be a tad faster.”

Was thinking about this (at the time possible) elimination in the shower!

6 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Drivers License?

That would’ve been my zero if this rate allowed them :duca:

YOU AINT NOTHIN BUT A LOST CAUSE

AND THIS AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT ONCE WAS

I KNOW YOU THINK YOURE SUCH AN OUTLAW

BUT YOU GOT NO JOB

• ATRL Moderator

I’m honestly quite shocked that this is out before NDA which got  a lot of backlash from fans.  I mean I like both, and I do think NDA is better but still.  

• ATRL Moderator

A brutal night for Adele, who lost more than half of her remaining tracks. The OP is updated with the results. Here is your top 50!

HEAUX TALES

“Bodies (Intro)”

“Pick Up Your Feelings”

“Put It Down”

“On It”

“Price Tags”

“Lost One”

“The Other Side”

“Girl Like Me”

SOUR

“Brutal”

“Drivers License”

“Deja Vu”

“Good For You”

“Jealousy, Jealousy”

JUBILEE

“Paprika”

“Be Sweet”

“Kokomo, IN”

“Slide Tackle”

“Posing In Bondage”

“In Hell”

“Tactics”

“Posing For Cars”

HAPPIER THAN EVER

“Getting Older”

“I Didn’t Change My Number”

“Billie Bossa Nova”

“My Future”

“Oxytocin”

“OverHeated”

“Your Power”

“NDA”

“Therefore I Am”

“Happier Than Ever”

SOMETIMES I MIGHT BE INTROVERT

“Introvert”

“Woman”

“Two Worlds Apart”

“I Love You, I Hate You”

“Little Q, Pt. 2”

“Speed”

“Standing Ovation”

“I See You”

“Rollin Stone”

“Protect My Energy”

“Point and Kill”

“Fear No Man”

“How Did You Get Here”

“Miss Understood”

“My Little Love”

“Cry Your Heart Out”

“Oh My God”

“All Night Parking”

“To Be Loved”

50 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

2AG0KB8.png

MALE FANTASY

Average score: 6.43

High score: 10 (@ultraviolence.xx, @Born to Run)

Low score: (@Insanity@creativity.)

The final track on Happier Than Ever is a minimalist curio, opening with a dissection of the inherent flaws of *****graphy before shifting into a more conventional ballad about the stasis of heartbreak. Ultimately ending the album on a hopeful note (“I know I should, but I could never hate you”), its wispy acoustic aura makes for a gorgeous listen, even if the message doesn’t entirely hold together. “Male Fantasy” was released as the seventh single of the era, but made minimal impact, peaking at #2 on the bubbling under chart.

Best bit: the exquisite falsetto of “‘Cause I loved you then and I love you now”

ATRL says...: “Not really needed musically, but I appreciate the message of the song,” @madonnas said.

36 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

89GGt8N.png

GOLDWING

Average score: 6.68

High score: (@Ewan Chaos, @Ace Reject, @Born to Run)

With its ominous drum machine loop, this is one of the Happier Than Ever tracks that most feels like it could have appeared on Billie Eilish’s first album. But its preoccupations are firmly of her sophomore era: “Goldwing” evokes the imagery of an angel for a metaphor about her protectiveness toward innocent young women in the music industry. The intro is a choral hymn, based on an ancient Hindu poem, that Billie sang in choir as a kid.

Best bit: “Gonna claim you like a souvenir/Just to sell you in a year”

ATRL says...: “That change halfway through,” @Ewan Chaos marveled. “WHEW.”

14 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

x0IgNxi.png

LOST CAUSE

:mandown:  this album was a chore to get through 

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

YOU AINT NOTHIN BUT A LOST CAUSE

AND THIS AINT NOTHIN LIKE IT ONCE WAS

I KNOW YOU THINK YOURE SUCH AN OUTLAW

BUT YOU GOT NO JOB

Louder for the tasteless!

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, creativity. said:

That would’ve been my zero if this rate allowed them :duca:

I will never understand this level of hate for that song!

9 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

HEAUX TALES

“Bodies (Intro)”

“Pick Up Your Feelings”

“Put It Down”

“On It”

“Price Tags”

“Lost One”

“The Other Side”

“Girl Like Me”

if at least of these arent in the top 10...

start-swinging.gif 

• ATRL Moderator

Have jazmine or simz lost an actual song yet?

41 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

the HAIM of this rate. The Jason Isbell. The Car Seat Headrest!

These legends:ihype:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, madonnas said:

Have jazmine or simz lost an actual song yet?

Ddddd no. I don't know how Simbi did it, but she's steel here.mp3!

I knew Woman Like Me wasn't gonna get too far but alas... Legit surprised Goldwing is already out wtf. Lost Cause I really like but... yeah this is an okay position I suppose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.