• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

I love Freak but I wish she put more effort into it. No excuse as to why the second verse is like 10 seconds long :skull: And don’t get me started on that lazy bridge. But that chorus punches HARD omfg.

And Eat Me!!!! ***** :jonny2:

20 minutes ago, Lyrical Liar said:

I know they followed each other on socials at some point during 2020 and Demi likes Make Me Wanna Die! Who knows! ?

The collapse it would be :jonny5:

I've listened to it with my bf as soon as it came out, didn't have time to replay in this thread until now.

HOW DO I BEGIN?

Freak and Eat Me are absolutely one of her best works ever. Both are all I've ever wanted from the album - a discography highlight I must say. Freak is absolutely the best opener she ever did, and EAT ME? EAT ME IS TOP 10 IN HER DISCOGRAPHY. AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE.

I love how authentic the lyrics are. This is the first time I believe her when she said I'm sober. (Not that it matters if others or I do). 

She looks genuinely happy and comfortable on stage. Unlike how awkward she looked during the tmylm tour. Really proud of her growth.

Like I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS ON HOW MUCH I love Freak and Eat Me. Truly top 10 in her discography

Let me continue - I kinda don't get the hate for SOMT for Substance, while they are a weird single choices - they're good songs. I kinda feel people are hating them because they're not as special (because we've already heard them), but they're GREAT. 

SOMT's bridge >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Happy Ending is also a masterpiece. Kinda fits to be the closing track of the album but it's easily one of best songs in this album (and in general tbh), such a smart put-out song and I'm so proud of her. Truly a masterpiece. ugh. I missed that Demi in her previous album. Sames goes with 4ever 4me, while it's not as good as Happy Ending - it's easily one of her best ballads. I missed these kinds of ballads alot coming from her

Holy **** and Heaven are also very, very, very good. Rock masterpiece. Bones is also one of the best tracks off the album - the ending of BONES had me LIVING hearing it last time, had to play it again just to make sure I've heard it right.

Okay, this is my rating after my 3rd listen:

FREAK - 9/10 - love the heavy metal vibe in this, feature was kinda useless. The chorus goes really hard.

SKIN OF MY TEETH - 8/10 - This song almost killed my desire to listen to this album when it was first released but I started liking this when they dropped MV. The bridge is dope. Loved how Demi went hard at the last chorus.

SUBSTANCE - 9/10 - One of the catchiest songs in the album. I instantly bopped. Love the lyrics here as you can understand Demi's frustration and fears of using drugs based on her experience. I don't have any complaints about it but I don't think this deserves a perfect score. 

EAT ME - 10/10 - A very experimental sounding track and wow, I really enjoyed it. Demi did put some crack on this. I feel like I'm in hell while I listen to this. Definitely the stand out in the album. Again, I would have enjoyed this more without the feature. 

HOLY **** - 7.5/10 - Great lyrics. It sounds inviting. But the melodies are weak for me. It might grow more on me, however. 

29 - 10/10 - First time I heard the chorus I got goosebumps. Her voice soared here and it sounded so powerful to me. 

HAPPY ENDING - 10/10 - This is when she was most vulnerable I believe. She was very genuine here. I really felt her emotions. And the song sounds sonically great. 

HEAVEN - 8/10 - This one is actually good. The verses are sick. It's not one of the best tracks however.

CITY OF ANGELS - 8.5/10 - I really enjoyed this one, it's a head banger but it sounds like something from her Camp Rock days that evolved. When she belts "ANGEEHHHLS" to the highest note at the last chorus, it gave me goosebumps. Imagine hearing that live. :wanda:

BONES - 8/10 - another experimental sounding track. The chorus went so hard. I bopped but this will grow on me more. 

WASTED - 9.5/10 - sounds anthemic, love the melodies on this. One of the songs in the album that's easy to digest. I enjoyed it a lot but it's not perfect to me.

COME TOGETHER - 8/10 - another anthem, loved her muted belts in the background. Loved it when she belted "OHHHHH TOGETHER" before the last chorus. I feel like this song lacks something, however.

DEAD FRIENDS - 9/10 - oh Demi, please don't feel guilty that you survived while the others didn't. Great lyrics. Nice melody. Instrumental is just okay.

HELP ME - 9/10 - A banger! This is the only feature in the album that I think was useful. Love the anger.

FEED - 7/10 - The intro sounded really promising but as it goes on it kinda fell flat. The end part was the most enjoyable.

4 EVER 4 ME - 9.5/10 - what a beautiful love song. Happy to know Demi found her 4ever. It's always a great feeling when someone is there to make you feel good and inspired. I love that this album ended on a very positive note.

To me DWTD...TAOSO remains her best album but HF is definitely in her top 3 alongside with Confident. Not really a fan of pop rock but I enjoyed this album so much! I think I liked more the more rockish tracks. Demi did a great job. She released a quality album in a short period of time. :clap3:

Average score: 8.7

Edited by Jude

Oh I also forgot to write about 29, absolute masterpiece and I can't stop hearing it since the day it was released. I'm glad she called him out\

ohhh I forgot COA as well, had me LIVING when I first heard it, didn't expect it to be that sexual but girllll I WAS LIVING :jonny6:

FREAK IS SO GOOD

im listening :heart:

1 hour ago, Pink Ranger said:

Can we just all take a minute to appreciate the fact that this is Demi’s 8th album and has served top tier music for years now? 

many artists decline in quality where Demi’s albums seem to be getting better and better :jonnycat:

!!!!

Amazing album 

eat me is too much for me but i cant deny its quality.

29 is a masterpiece and i cant explain how happy i am about someone calling pedos out besides justin on yummy.

justin didnt do it directly, only people aware of pizza gate and people that saw video (justin as a baby and children and teddy bear and old people eating out of it) understand it.

29 is direct and i hope it warns some girls.

i admire demi so much

:heart:

27 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

I've listened to it with my bf as soon as it came out, didn't have time to replay in this thread until now.

HOW DO I BEGIN?

Freak and Eat Me are absolutely one of her best works ever. Both are all I've ever wanted from the album - a discography highlight I must say. Freak is absolutely the best opener she ever did, and EAT ME? EAT ME IS TOP 10 IN HER DISCOGRAPHY. AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE.

:clap3:

The fact the album starts with FREAK and ends with 4E4M is :jonny3: