Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

11 hours ago, Souvenir said:

Hide contents

Freak - 1/10 - what is this honey, its just terrible, i couldnt even finish it.

Skin Of My Teeth - 7/10 a cute bop with amazing bridge, it'so repetitive tho.

Substance - 3/10 i never understand the hype for this track

Eat Me - 5/10 - the chorus was fun but very disney-ish. Also the lyrics :skull: its ironic that she is using she/her again 

Holy **** - 0/10 - another song that i couldnt finish it. I just cant believe that how bad this song is. The production is cheap, the lyrics are basic :deadbanana4:

29 - 6/10 - its a cute bop but its not something that i would add to my playlist, it's just there

Happy Ending - 4/10 finally, a song with good lyrics! however the chorus is underwhelming and forgettable

Heaven - 3/10

City of angels - 3/10

Bones - 3/10

WASTED - 1/10 :skull:

okay im going to stop ranking the songs, i just didnt like the album and to me this is her worst album since Unbroken. Even tho i dislike Demi, every album of hers would have more than 3 mega bops. However in this album i cant even name one good song. I'm suprised with good reviews in this thread but at least her fans are happy! lemme stream Confident, TMYLM and DEMI her holy trinity :) 

You're missing out on the best songs from the album. Listen to 4 Ever 4 Me and Come Together.

Edited by LovaticSwiftie

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

Got me closer to the edge than ever
We both want it, but we don't surrender
And we could make it last forever
But paradise is even better whеn we come togethеr

dance-boobs.gif

8 hours ago, DaddyIssuesX said:

Happy Ending and 4 Ever 4 Me both being the best demi ballads since fix a heart and world of chances :clownny: LIKEEE THIS IS TOO MUCH 

Not when Lionheart exists :gaycat5:

Trinity for me as of now:

1. 4 Ever 4 Me

2. Come Together

3. Happy Ending

I wish 4 Ever 4 Me would have a proper bridge and shorter outro, but it's my favorite song from Demi in YEARS. 

Loving this album, exactly what I needed rn :WAP:

Cant wait to listen to it after work and decide on my fav tracks

Heaven low key reminds me of So Far So Great 

26 minutes ago, Salwa said:

Is she performing on GMA?

OMG I'm so sorry if this has been mentioned already (I just woke up and cba scrolling through every page) BUT

THERE'S A VERSION OF FREAK OUT THERE WITH WILLOW ON IT?!

HOLY ****, did anyone manage to hear it before they took it down?!

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Critics being a *****... I'm not surprised. Demi's always had a hard time when them. Hopefully the next bunch of reviews are better than Pitchfork/NME. 

The Pitchfork review is categorised under "Pop/R&B" lmao so that's reason enough to ignore it. :clown:

7/10 from Clash Magazine. At least better than Pitchfork and NME. They gave DWTDTAOSO 8/10 though. 

I kinda love this :jonnycat: Along with Love Sux it's the type of album that critics simply don't GET and thus we should ignore them even more than usual.

I'm not mad about NME's review tbh. They said the first half is stronger than the second and I agree (as do many others on this thread). They didn't say it was bad, just that the slower songs let the album down a little bit. ??‍♀️

15 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

7/10 from Clash Magazine. At least better than Pitchfork and NME. They gave DWTDTAOSO 8/10 though. 

"Truly proving Lovato as a mult-faceted force to be reckoned with, ‘HOLY ****’ is a howl of brilliance." :clap3:

COME TOGETHER IS THE BEST SONG DEMI’S MADE :jonny5:

Edited by Dolce Vita

Sadly not enjoying it very much. Used to love this sound in the 00s, but right now for a longtime mainstream music consumer it doesn't feel sonically fresh and exciting. 

That being said, "City of Angels" is amazing and should've been the lead. Her team is dumb-dumb

Loved the album. My expectation was pretty low before the release. Demi far exceeded it. Totally enjoyed it. It's so well produced. So many catchy melodies. And she's singing like there's no tomorrow. Those belts were so delicious. I hope the critics give this a universal acclaim score coz it deserves it. Gonna listen again to pick my favorites but I enjoyed all the tracks. No skips. :flame:

Edited by Jude

can't believe that some people heard the bridge + the last chorus of FREAK and said that it is ****. i get that different opinions exitst but it just doesn't sound right to me :coffee2:

Came to the conclusion that Come Together is the best song on here :lakitu:

Damn even NME gave it a 60, who always gives 80s to even the blandest albums. Is the album worth listening to?