• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

38 minutes ago, HelloLovato said:

Maybe it’s the quality of the snippet, but I really don’t like “Heaven”

do you even know what it's about....... IT'S A MASTERPIECE and so experimental

35 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Girlyyyy there are gonna be varying opinions on the songs! :heart:

I'm curious to see what critics like and dislike (if anything) off the album. No two songs sound the same on this album and some are much poppier than the album title implies. ? 

OT tho: HOW ARE WE DOING GIRLIES??? LESS THAN 3 WEEKS TIL OUR EARS ARE BLESSED IN HQ!!! :jonny5:

Edited by Lyrical Liar
Typo

Heaven is a masterpiece bc style reflects substance…. It’s supposed to be underground bc its about happily going to hell for being gay bc of the pleasure it gives you… and the secretive nature of Demi growing up part of LGBTQ community as a Christian 

DWTSAOSO is a great album. It coulda been perfect if they like shortened or cut some tracks out. I also hate the autotune outro of one of the songs about wap or something bc the song is beautiful without it.

Yes, I love DWTDTAOSO, it deserves all the love :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

The Art of Starting Over is one of my favorite pop albums ever. Demi delivered with that one, per usual, but something extra special about that one :jamming:

AOSO has like 4 songs that needed to be cut, MGAMB is a bop but belongs on TMYLM feels out of place on AOSO, Lonely People deserved a better chorus and California Sober aged terribly. I kinda go back and forth if I put Comfident above as a whole or not!

7 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

Stream this bop until City of Angels music video is out (probably this Friday)

Ughh the magnum opus :WAP:

TAOSO >>>>>>>> Confident

TAOSO is a masterpiece. I actually love MGAMB on it, it's a fun song that really provides relief to the album (and follows the same theme of Easy and 15 Minutes) and part of the breezy sound that Demi created. The tracklisting with the prelude, the intro and then the TAOSO is just PERFECT. Highlights are Lonely People, The Way You Don't Look At Me, Melon Cake, Carefully, The Kind of Lover I Am, Easy, Butterfly, both title tracks. Literally almost ever track is a standout. The 3 prelude ballads are  soulful and gorgeous, and they transition into one of Demi's most personal, lightest, and most lively albums sonically.

The only songs I would absolutely remove are California Sober and Mad World, the former grew on me but I always had difficulty getting into it and the subject matter is just odd and unfortunate.  The latter is so confusingly added when the tracklist is already long (which I do not mind but know others prefer short albums) and it's just a mediocre cover. It feels disorienting and like the California Sober high was messing with Demi's perception thus the addition of the song onto the album. Everything else is perfect.

Mind you if Demi had just sampled Mad World and created a new breezy psychedelic indie pop song, it woulda been a serve. But just a straight cover is boring and pointless.

I love how TAOSO has some indie yacht rock to it, some folk, a lot of new sounds Demi did not do before. It's impressive bc Demi could easily have stuck to the R&B sound in TMYLM, but definitely expanded and grew into a completely new sound.

Demi should re-release TAOSO without California Sober or Mad World, and instead add the unreleased masterpieces Eden, Say A Prayer, and Let's Hang Out In My Dreams. Maybe for the 2 year anniversary

3 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

Yes I know what it’s about and I also grew up LGBT and in the Christian church. but the style of the song (from what I’ve heard) sounds awful to me and not something that I want to listen to over and over again, which isn’t the same for any of the other snippets or singles. 

22 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

TAOSO >>>>>>>> Confident

TAOSO is a masterpiece. I actually love MGAMB on it, it's a fun song that really provides relief to the album (and follows the same theme of Easy and 15 Minutes) and part of the breezy sound that Demi created. The tracklisting with the prelude, the intro and then the TAOSO is just PERFECT. Highlights are Lonely People, The Way You Don't Look At Me, Melon Cake, Carefully, The Kind of Lover I Am, Easy, Butterfly, both title tracks. Literally almost ever track is a standout. The 3 prelude ballads are  soulful and gorgeous, and they transition into one of Demi's most personal, lightest, and most lively albums sonically.

The only songs I would absolutely remove are California Sober and Mad World, the former grew on me but I always had difficulty getting into it and the subject matter is just odd and unfortunate.  The latter is so confusingly added when the tracklist is already long (which I do not mind but know others prefer short albums) and it's just a mediocre cover. It feels disorienting and like the California Sober high was messing with Demi's perception thus the addition of the song onto the album. Everything else is perfect.

Yeah the end of the album is the part I dislike the most. 

I don’t use CS, MW, Butterfly, or GP. 

I get the significance of Butterfly, but I’ve never found it to be a highlight of the album. 

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

I also hate the autotune outro of one of the songs about wap or something bc the song is beautiful without it.

One of my favorite things is the spoken word throughout the album, like on ICU the exchange between Demi and Maddie, the intro, and then TKOLIA outro LOL. Everyone has different perception of the same thing and someone's artistic choices and that's really cool. I find that outro so funny and cute

I actually am like a #1 TAOSO fan, I think I tend to like the album more than TMYLM even :chick2:

Speaking of TAOSO, does "Feed" verses remind anyone of that album..

“Went to the mountain drank all the wine, walked through the valley felt every high, I ran too far, I did my time, I found my soul just to lose my mind, met with the healers prayed with the saints, all of the sinners know my name, the scars I’ve caused and scars I’ve earned, still don’t know much but it’s what I’ve learned"

As a Southern Californian, I love the breezy and summery vibes of DWTDTAOSO. And OOF at all the narrative-driven songwriting on that album, she did thaT

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

Why am I reading mediocre comments about Cali Sober? That's a big highlight in TAOSO! I really love how it's dated but she made it earthy-modern, if that makes sense. And the melody is just so easy to sing along, I wish she could make a rock version of it.

And there are snippets now for HOLY ***! Holy *** do I listen? I'm so excited!!

19 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

Why am I reading mediocre comments about Cali Sober? That's a big highlight in TAOSO! I really love how it's dated but she made it earthy-modern, if that makes sense. And the melody is just so easy to sing along, I wish she could make a rock version of it.

And there are snippets now for HOLY ***! Holy *** do I listen? I'm so excited!!

I never liked CS, but I think ppl now don’t like it because of the lyrical content and Demi backtracking on that lifestyle. 

There’s a telegram group with all of the snippets!

17 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

Stream this bop until City of Angels music video is out (probably this Friday)

Best pop song of all time :WAP:

Give us Skyscraper rock version goddammit