Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

2 minutes ago, ryoncé said:

do all of the short song lengths ruin the songs and experience or does it work ? 

they have only played the beginning of each song and most of them already coincide with the part Demi teased on instagram. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

“NUMBERS TOLD YOU NOT TO, BUT THAT DIDNT STOP YOU. FINALLY 29… JUST LIKE YOU WERE AT THE TIME”

9 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

Damn... Can you describe each track please?

She shades Wilmer in 29. Sounds very anthemic and nostalgic. The lyrics on Genius were correct (it was a teenage dream, just a fantasy, but was it yours or was it mine?) - one of my personal faves

Heaven sounds very Dead Sara although she had nothing on the production. Starts with Demi whispering. 

4 ever 4 me has an acoustic guitar, reminds me of a more rockish Catch Me. This one, Happy Ending, Feed and Wasted are the slower tracks. 

Bones is amazing tbh. The more I listen, the more I like it. 

Dead Friends, 29, Wasted, Happy Ending, 4Ever 4Me, Help Me, Feed all sound fantastic.

Least favorite was Bones. 

demi references the lyrics “danced with the devil” in Dead Friends and questions why she is alive after dancing with the Devil, but they aren’t. 

Is there a link to these snippets Demis posted? 

4 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

Is there a link to these snippets Demis posted? 

they are here but quality is a mess :skull:

9 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

they are here but quality is a mess :skull:

Who in the homo is that singing :skull: 

girl shut tf I wanna hear the snippets :ahh: 

2 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

Who in the homo is that singing :skull: 

girl shut tf I wanna hear the snippets :ahh: 

sdaskjdhas the chat was a mess. During the first listen, someone started playing Substance and you couldn't hear anything. :skull: 

DAMN :jonny5: 

29 is THAT song. Wilmer, YOU IN DANGER. FINALLY SOMEONE CALLING YOU OUT. :jonny5:

29 sounds SO GOOD. I know she's not going for hits but it could be one. Maybe not though bc of the lyrical content. But the melodies are so catchy. Kind of reminds me of my initial listen of Melon Cake- the obvious smash melodically, but not lyrically lol

Keep in mind these are SHORT snippets but this is a very cohesive project and definitely will be a fan favorite:

Holy F -- intro is a lot more slow than you'd expect, a very dark vibe, really cool instrumental that kinda sounds like a video game after the first chorus ended

29 -- verses are SO SWEET, Demi is dragging Wilmer as a predator, REALLY strong melody and instrumental, chorus is INSANE, sounds like a hit ngl

Happy Ending -- intro IS SO SAD you will cry, about meeting God for a minute, then progresses into the catchy ballad we know this to be based on snippets Demi shared, also references people who abandoned Demi despite Demi giving them "pieces" of their heart

Heaven --- "I had a secret can you keep it" really cool instrumental, video game sound again in some way, about accepting Demi's sexuality bc it feels like heaven (in the context of religion obviously)

City of Angels -- a BOP masterpiece, so light, and intro is actually really smart lyrically and ties everything together (about being bored in LA for 15 years lmao), starts off VERY fast basically snippet posted on Tiktok is right after the intro lyrics, very catchy

Bones -- All I can say is Demi is SO h worded lmao, it's very fun though, kind of reminds me of early Lady Gaga

Wasted -- a lot slower than you'd expect, especially with some of the faster songs juxtaposed, really beautiful

4 Ever 4 Me -- gives me a VERY strong nostalgic vibe idk why but to old albums more generally (not necessarily to early Demi), nice closing track, reminds me of World of Chances almost, very nuanced and subtle lyrics which is really interesting since we're used to Demi's usually blunt and explicit nature

Come Together -- opening guitars and verses are JUST SO NICEEEEE, it really makes this song work, it's very sweet and airy

Dead Friends -- heartbreaking, really strong emo 2000s vibe, sounds stunning, about Demi's guilt surviving and missing the friends that Demi lost

Help Me --- Demi's voice is SO STRONG and roaring in the intro, then Dead Sara adds in the punk, Demi is MAD

Feed --- really slow and "dwtdtaoso" vibes in the intro, beautiful melody and sweet vocals, it kind of makes you cry, progresses into a more dark and soulful chorus similar to in Eat Me verses

overall this album is kinda like combining Don't Forget (the song, slow beautiful rock balladry moments), Got Dynamite (kinda experimental with a crazy instrumental and powerful vocals), and Cry Baby (soulful, playful lyrics, sweet melodies).

You definitely continue to hear DWTDTAOSO Demi on this, it's a follow up for sure which is good thing bc I was scared Demi abandoned some of that artistry.

It doesn't even feel that similar to early Demi tbh, it's more like a completely new chapter and lane. Just a really strong modern project that just so happens to incorporate more nostalgic sounds but in avant-garde ways.  It's giving pop rock / punk but it's not trying hard to be that, it really is just a Demi album that so happens to be VERY dark with many playful rock elements.

Just based off  the new snippets Demi's team shared in the discord, I think SOMT is by far the weakest track and the one that fits in the least out of the entire album. Maybe the bridge of it resembles the rest of the album though

Edited by Freakshowvato

Wasted, 4 Ever 4 Me, 29 and Happy Ending so good

ff159831982590c90b7ffaffcd74727d74e88675

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

4 ever 4 me is gonna be a fan favorite. I can tell it. It sounds SO good :jonny5: 

I think the entire album will be tbh

29 should be a single on August 19, with album release (last day of Demi being 29), and music video should have a Wilmer look alike. Drag him to filth Demetria, and sound beautiful while doing it :chick1:

So good!

can’t wait for Come Together

This is the first album where Demi wrote on every single track. Usually there's one or two songs Demi accepts without having written on it or organically created it (even in fetus days). Not this time, every single song was organically crafted and co-written by Demi!

40 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:
This is the first album where Demi wrote on every single track. Usually there's one or two songs Demi accepts without having written on it or organically created it (even in fetus days). Not this time, every single song was organically crafted and co-written by Demi!

Yeah, I noticed that too (though often she has songs that truly seem like they were written by her, like Skyscraper and Lionheart)

We want another self-written track tho :wanda:

Whats the order of the songs? I'm so lost

They all sound so good tho omggg