Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

2 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

So for someone who always sings about the same stuff SOMT is the only song that directly addresses her addictions. Interesting.

very interesting approach from an artists who’s entire discography apparently is about “addiction” 

To be fair, only idiots are saying that :cm:

we love an organic songwriter and powerful vocalist who writes and sings a variety of deep and quality music :clap3:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

58 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Feed is going to DESTROY me :jonny5:

I guess it's this one

:jonny5:

44 minutes ago, HelloLovato said:

43 minutes ago, Soobin said:

Thanks, this is probably the song I’m most excited about :jonny:

Do we know, if there’s going to be some ballads? I need a new power ballad like Lionheart :weeps:

21 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

So for someone who always sings about the same stuff SOMT is the only song that directly addresses her addictions. Interesting.

very interesting approach from an artists who’s entire discography apparently is about “addiction” 

this is inaccurate based on the song descriptions. half the songs are about addiction.

i'm here for it.

there is no reason to lie and try to defend Demi from writing about her struggles.

it seems like you are bothered by the subject matter.

Edited by selena_lavigne

4 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

this lie. half the songs are about addiction.

i'm here for it.

there is no reason to lie and try to defend Demi from writing about her struggles.

The descriptions by Demi herself are out (first page) and only skin of my teeth is about addiction :confused:  no one is making anything up. 

3 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

The descriptions by Demi herself are out (first page) and only skin of my teeth is about addiction :confused:  no one is making anything up. 

it's the undertones honey. the context that these songs were written right after Demi got out of rehab is very important and is a major theme.

fans trying to say that Demi is not a major voice for addicts in her music is really denying the impact that she has.

these songs have potential to really help people and i think it's kind of gross for Lovatics to actively try and minimize the weight of how substance abuse directly influences the music and how it seems to help her healing process to create music.

Edited by selena_lavigne

11 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

this is inaccurate based on the song descriptions. half the songs are about addiction.

i'm here for it.

We must be reading different descriptions because None of the songs minus SOMT openly address addiction, will songs have a more lighthearted approach/double meaning to them, most likely.

I’ve never had an issue with her singing about it anyways because life imitates art and where artists can sing about breakups/relationships/sex  for every album and not be judged for it I don’t understand why so many users here seem to have a problem with Demi using their life struggles as a way to express through her own music. Just look at the first few pages of the substance thread to see the ignorance of some people :skull: 

Edited by Pink Ranger

5 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

it's the undertones honey. the context that these songs were written right after Demi got out of rehab is very important and is a major theme.

fans trying to say that Demi is not a major voice for addicts in her music is really denying the impact that she has.

these songs have potential to really help people and i think it's kind of gross for Lovatics to actively try and minimize the weight of how substance abuse directly influences the music and how it seems to help her healing process to create music.

No lovatics thinks this, we all love the fact Demi is so open about their life struggles in their music it’s users here constantly saying “can she come up with something else” which are gross and those are the ones you should be dragging sisssss

22 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Do we know, if there’s going to be some ballads? I need a new power ballad like Lionheart :weeps:

Idk, I think Happy Ending will be the closest we get which is more mid-temp/soft rock

8 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

I think you're getting it wrong here. It's not us who don't like when Demi sings about her struggles. :rip: 

You won't see any "can she come up with something else" comment from any of us. :skull: 

And, regardless of the undertones (because it's obvious Demi uses certain words and expressions related to her struggles because it's part of her songwriting and life), none of them deal directly with addiction or drugs. So, I wouldn't say half the album deals with drugs and addiction. To each their own. 

28 minutes ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Thanks, this is probably the song I’m most excited about :jonny:

Me tooooo.

I think somebody shared these lyrics in this thread. Might have been Twitter tho..

”It was a teenage dream, just a fantasy, but was it yours or was it mine?

I was 17, you were 29.”

Wow I haven't really been a fan of Demi's last few albums but I love the rock direction she's going in + the track titles all SLAY. the descriptions sound cool too 

also someone finally giving us more than 10 damn songs 

37 minutes ago, HelloLovato said:

Me tooooo.

I think somebody shared these lyrics in this thread. Might have been Twitter tho..

”It was a teenage dream, just a fantasy, but was it yours or was it mine?

I was 17, you were 29.”

Ended Wilmer :wanda:

10 hours ago, chaychay18 said:

I really hope the songs are a little longer then SOMT & Substance. Like at least 3 mins to 3.30 mins lol 

Happy Ending is VERY Long. Over 4 minutes. 

City of Angels, Happy Ending, 29, Come Together, Bones, and Freak fighting who’s gonna be the next single… honestly Demi’s team should make most of these tracks singles lmao let everything get a music video

:WAP:

YUNGBLUD FEATURE IM CRYING Omgggggggggggggg :weeps:   FAVE x FAVE

Yungblud is great, hope he and Demi was able to make magic together.

Great titles - looking forward to Happy Ending, City of Angels, Feed, Freak, Dead Friends!

I missed City of Angels and got so worried lol. This should have been the lead based on the snippet. Hopefully it’s next