• Soobin

Mah current top 5:

1. 4 EVER 4 ME

2. 29

3. WASTED

4. EAT ME

5. HAPPY ENDING

Yup, the taste jumped out! :foxaylove2:

If anyone needs a good laugh, just read the backlash in the replies (including the hidden replies) and the quote tweets. Not the Taylor avi bragging about that when Selena's never even gotten a 7+ from Pitchfork, unlike Demi :bibliahh:

The way they literally can't stop thinking about Demi fffff :rip: her impact

I adjusted my 2018 album tracklist :heart:

mGXu930.png

I'm kinda upset because the album deserves more justice, and yeah, I know it's all about the music right now, but I'm kinda sad that we'll probably never see her successful again (probably), especially when HF is such a good, cohesive, body of work (unlike her previous album)

Also, I really learned to love 29's abrupt ending. I think that 29 is kind of a letter, a statement. And the song ends with this chorus, which is different from the others:

Finally twenty-nine
Seventeen would never cross my mind
Thought it was a teenage dream, a fantasy
But it was yours, it wasn't mine
Seventeen, twenty-nine

I think it's more powerful this way, other than another "explosive"/repetitive chorus at the ending. It sens a more powerful message imo

If I'm not mistaken, the first debut-week prediction that DWTDTAOSO got was "Demi Lovato (Island) 45-50k, 21-25k" yet it ended up doing 

Island and her team really pushed hard in that debut week, especially with all the different album cover versions

island still wont give this era any playlisting like wth? With better playlisting we wouldve gotten at least 10 mln first day….anyway **** her team

help me, wasted, eat me, happy ending >>>>>>

I'm happy this is doing 33K. I was seriously only expecting something around 20k, lol.

6 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

The breezy and psychedelic elements to TAOSO are top tier, ik Demi doesn't relate to that vibe being sober now tho

Demi was sober recording HF though, right? The user you responded to said they weren't.... or am I reading that wrong?

4 hours ago, Soobin said:

I adjusted my 2018 album tracklist :heart:

mGXu930.png

Some of these were written for the very early version of DWTD though ?

Come Together is simultaneously beautiful and sexy af. Also her vocals are A+

6 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

If I'm not mistaken, the first debut-week prediction that DWTDTAOSO got was "Demi Lovato (Island) 45-50k, 21-25k" yet it ended up doing 

Island and her team really pushed hard in that debut week, especially with all the different album cover versions

I saw a tweet saying HDD predictions don’t include artists stores and it’s something that happens with all of Scooter’s clients. It causes the final number to be higher, which would make sense since that also happened with Demi last year and Demi had always been over predicted by HDD in the past (rip when Lovatics thought Unbroken was doing 120k because of initial predictions). 

but last time Demi had a MV out release week, MHLN on TTH plus WOPS was still highly playlisted, and they had 5 album covers and a digital deluxe edition

2 hours ago, RunBoyRun said:

Demi was sober recording HF though, right? The user you responded to said they weren't.... or am I reading that wrong?

She was sober during HF to my knowledge. I implied she was high during dwtd recording because she said so in a recent interview. 

Edited by Salwa

10 hours ago, Freakshowvato said:

TAOSO is dreamy indie rock on songs like Lonely People, TAOSO, Melon Cake, The Kind of Lover I Am... critics compared it to Tame Impala, it's a very Southern Californian chill type of soft rock (termed yacht rock)

Yess!! I was so surprised how indie ALOT of songs sounded on that album. Butterfly, Carefully, TWYDLAM, California Sober... She honestly could have made an amazing indie record on those songs alone! 

I'm hoping for the next album she can find a balance of softer songs and the style she has now cause it would be perfect!!

When I first heard Eat Me I instantly thought of Nightmare by Halsey and now I need them both to collab!

5 hours ago, devonedelrey said:

island still wont give this era any playlisting like wth? With better playlisting we wouldve gotten at least 10 mln first day….anyway **** her team

help me, wasted, eat me, happy ending >>>>>>

She's on the cover of the All New Rock playlist on spotify!

1 minute ago, goveg said:

When I first heard Eat Me I instantly thought of Nightmare by Halsey and now I need them both to collab!

Yesss!! They would kill a collab! I would love for Demi to do a song like Experiment On Me! I think she'd kill it!

1 minute ago, Idleworship said:

Yesss!! They would kill a collab! I would love for Demi to do a song like Experiment On Me! I think she'd kill it!

I am living for this, sis!

Yooo so I'm currently listening to the Call Her Daddy podcast and Alex asked if she ever sat down and talked to Selena, Miley, the Jo Bros about the challenges of being on Disney, and Demi said she had a project in the works where she wants to talk to them and other child stars about their experiences!!!!! 

:duca:

Id prefer demi x halsey over demi x miley bc i feel like demi and halsey are more aligned musically and vocally, and even personality wise. 

Demi also teased rock versions of their old hits… im sure well get an EP eventually or deluxe version withh all of them! GYHAB to Sorry Not Sorry