Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

Oh this album is phenomenal!! I've wanted this for years and I really hope she stays in this lane for future albums!!

I can tell she's way happier doing this again and it just SCREAMS the Demi I fell in love with years ago! :heart:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

1 hour ago, Verge of Obscene said:

Dead Friends & City of Angels

Take that back! :angry:

Just now, Idleworship said:

Oh this album is phenomenal!! I've wanted this for years and I really hope she stays in this lane for future albums!!

I can tell she's way happier doing this again and it just SCREAMS the Demi I fell in love with years ago! :heart:

:clap3:

3 hours ago, Rican said:

Rock Grammy Album nomination? :dancehall2:

yes :) she is 2 times nominee so there is always a chance don't you think? 

Someone should start banning trolls from Demi's threads. At least leave us, Demi stans some safe space here to enjoy her music. 

-------

In other news I've never seen such insecure fanbase smh 

Demi never had 1/10 of Taylor's success and never will. I don't know what they're so threatened lmao 

Can I just say that reading the charts thread has irritated the hell out of me. People acting like she's being edgy and just putting on a persona or her inspirations arent genuine, when in reality she's loved the same music I do since she was 13. Demi has always loved metal/rock music and It's annoying when artists such as her and Halsey embrace the music they grew up loving be criticized to death because they wanted to do pop music too. Let artists embrace different sides of themselves without being considered fake challenge. 

Not to mention you can tell when someone's not being genuine with the music they make and I can tell this is the most authentic they've been in a LONG time!! 

PS. Sorry for the rant and I hope this makes sense! As a rock music lover and a long time Demi fan, I hate people acting like she hasnt been into this music since forever! I love them for embracing a sound that makes them happy and that they actually enjoy performing!! 

Edited by Idleworship

2 minutes ago, Idleworship said:

Can I just say that reading the charts thread has irritated the hell out of me. People acting like she's being edgy and just putting on a persona or her inspirations arent genuine, when in reality she's loved the same music I do since she was 13. Demi has always loved metal/rock music and It's annoying when artists such as her and Halsey embrace the music they grew up loving be criticized to death because they wanted to do pop music too. Let artists embrace different sides of themselves without being considered fake challenge. 

Not to mention you can tell when someone's not being genuine with the music they make and I can tell this is the most authentic they've been in a LONG time!! 

PS. Sorry for the rant and I hope this makes sense! As a rock music lover and a long time Demi fan, I hate people acting like she hasnt been into this music since forever! I love them for embracing a sound that makes them happy and that they acting enjoy performing!! 

True. You know they're making up excuses to hate since they were the same people crying about how Demi's music doesn't evolve unlike her peers lol. 

-------------------------------

off topic but I'm really liking her outfits this era :jonny4:

2 hours ago, Idleworship said:

this is what i call treating your fanbase good! no matter what GP says DEMI loves LOVATICS
:jonny6:

4 minutes ago, Salwa said:

True. You know they're making up excuses to hate since they were the same people crying about how Demi's music doesn't evolve unlike her peers lol. 

Demi music evolved the most <3 i love and stan artists who doesn't stick to same, safest songs possible  <3

11 minutes ago, Idleworship said:

PS. Sorry for the rant and I hope this makes sense! As a rock music lover and a long time Demi fan, I hate people acting like she hasnt been into this music since forever! I love them for embracing a sound that makes them happy and that they actually enjoy performing!! 

it makes perfect sense! :clap3:

Edited by hypnodemiluv
mistake

On 8/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, hypnodemiluv said:

omg one twitter user just gived me epiphany:
"The way 29 cuts out abruptly at the end in order to symbolise Demi’s sudden realisation that it wasn’t a magical teenage dream but acc a nightmare, mind of a mastermind yup"

the musical genius in them jumped out :clap3:

On 8/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, ryoncé said:

I’m genuinely curious what else she could possibly do to get critics to take her seriously 

like the lyrics across the board here are creative, inventive, descriptive, unique and stellar 

the vocals are out of this world and showcase both the soft elements of her voice while also giving us goosebumps inducing belts and high notes that are simply unrivaled by anyone else in the industry except those already deemed vocal legends (Kelly, Xtina, etc) 

the whole package is such a perfect balance of restraint and camp, innocence and vulgarness, digestible pop sentiments and new territory musically that she, or her peers, have rarely really explored 

this album is everything that remarkable music should be and it baffles me that after producing so many strong albums in a row that not only showcase her talents as an musician but moreover her versatility as an artist, she is still underestimated and overlooked by so many critics 

what on earth does Billie, Lorde, Lana, even Miley, etc really have that Demi doesn’t that make them so much easier to root for amongst critics — If anything her Disney past and troubling media persona at times should make it THAT much more amazing that music of this quality is being made regardless of the obstacles in her way

the way you keep on spilling in this thread :clap3:SPEAK on it

On 8/19/2022 at 10:20 PM, M.R. said:

"4 Ever 4 Me" deserves to become a "I'm with You" sized hit. I have it on repeat.

!!!!! the winter smash that's waiting to happen.

it deserves to be the newest wedding classic. this decades "Maroon 5 - Sugar" or "Ed Sheeran - Perfect" :jonny5:

On 8/19/2022 at 10:21 PM, Lyrical Liar said:

This reaction is also a lotttt of fun! He's a MLILAS stan and he hadn't listened to any of the singles beforehand:

Reveal hidden contents

my favorite reaction of this album by far. subscribed to his channel once i was done with it nnn

On 8/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, Dylan&#x27; said:

come together is the best song ever made 

along with happy ending & 4 ever 4 me but wbk bestie :doublescoop:

On 8/19/2022 at 11:29 PM, Mason Gooding said:

substance, 29 and 4 ever 4 me top 3 for me :gaycat2:

taste!

On 8/20/2022 at 4:18 AM, ronald said:

Rocking out to this masterpiece 

an amazing experience :jonny3:

This album made spending my birthday alone so much better :cries:

the happiest of belated birthdays to you love :heart2: wishing you a great year!!

On 8/20/2022 at 5:44 AM, smoore95GAGA said:

Does anyone else’s nipple get hard when she says “void” the way she does I’m Happy Ending? :jonnycat:

it's that entire section for me  :jonnycat: the way they sing "hero", "voice", "child", "while" and "void"... the emotions!!

On 8/20/2022 at 6:31 AM, Julián said:

Random thought: Come Together's chorus immediately takes me to:

:laugh: :heart:

yeah i can honestly hear it. this was a classic...

I think not enough people are talking about the dualities on the album

City of Angels: Very upbeat, almost Disney-esque sounding song but talking about going to town in LA

Come Together: similar to CoA light, almost harmless sound but very obvious double entendre 

Dead Friends: upbeat, euphoric sound and VERY dark/serious subject

On 8/21/2022 at 2:29 AM, Lyrical Liar said:

r/popheads love the album too btw. A lot of new fans who were surprised at how much they enjoyed the album. Let's celebrate THAT. :clap3:

as they should be :clap3:

TikTokers are starting to join the trend. She has 1.1 million followers

Edited by ronald

okay enough time has passed:
HEAVEN> the rest (still amazing) <3 

guys, there will be big action with big twitter accounts! you know what to do when the right time comes! payback must be coming!KARMA

49 minutes ago, Salwa said:

Oh I'm LIVING for the school girl look she's been having during performances! She looks amazing! 

30 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Omg the final verse switch-up - she sounds cleaner and better here than the studio version! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! Talent. :flame: