Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

1 hour ago, Gavin. said:

I think Dancing With The Devil had higher highs than Holy **** but Holy **** is a much more cohesive and better album overall

obvi first day of listening to it so opinions could change 

the only songs I’m not feeling at least some kind of way about are Come Together and City Of Angels. Help Me isn’t an instant like but at least it’s an interesting song

why is 29 cut off so abruptly tho! High key it ruins the song and stops it from being my fave song on the album. 

I’d say after a few listens that Happy Ending is my fave but Heaven may snatch that spot here soon me thinks 

Curious what you think is a higher high on DWTD than songs like Eat Me, COA and Come together and the rest of the album? I thought it was a no-brainer that Holy F has higher highs.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

1 hour ago, Rob_Matteo said:

I'm actually shocked

The COMPLETE waste of not putting this in TTH

I really wonder if there's something behind the scene that we don't actually know;

Holy **** in my opinion definitely has better highs than her previous album, that being said, Butterfly, The Art of Starting Over, and Dancing With The Devil are also a very high-high

-

The 2nd verse of 4ever 4me, ugh, demi

When we're alone
Time floats away, we stare at each other
Take me homе
I can't wait to hug and thank your mother
Here's what I'd say: "Hе's beautifully made
I can't wait to show you, you'll see
I promise his heart's safe with me"

Edited by Hanzo

4 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

I'm actually shocked

I really wonder if there's something behind the scene that we don't actually know;

wtf!? i mean she is besties with Scooter what's going on? someone paying for her downfall!? she don't have any good streaming promo it's frustrating i mean she gets independent release treatment...

10 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

I'm actually shocked

Her latest singles have been pulling awful numbers, she hasnt had a proper hit in a while. Its no surprise Spotify isnt rushing to add her songs to big playlists :michael:

Anyway hopefully radio picks 29 up. It deserte so

Ugh, this album is truly perfect and it was the perfect direction she could've chosen after the messy output music since TMYLM (I do think that DWTDAOSO was a great album, but a very messy album and a messy rollout and behavior simultaneously)

It's an honest, cohesive body of work, and you can clearly see that each track was handpicked and I couldn't imagine a different tracklist for this. You can clearly see that she's in a better place than she once was, more honest with herself and her past and I couldn't be happier seeing her going through this. She finally found her direction and I feel like that by doing so she also brought back so many fans

This album is truly something else. Some of her best bangers imo (Eat Me, Freak) which truly hits differently, some of her best ballads in a very long time that made me miss the old Demi (4ever 4me, Happy Ending), a very smart lyrics in some (Feed and basically all of them), and songs that I'm fortunately not been able to relate to (and hopefully never will), but still amazing to me to hear (29, Dead Friends)

6 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Her latest singles have been pulling awful numbers, she hasnt had a proper hit in a while. Its no surprise Spotify isnt rushing to add her songs to big playlists :michael:

Anyway hopefully radio picks 29 up. It deserte so

While you're not wrong, I kinda feel like there's nothing more to it. For years, none of her singles got a proper release (Radio, Playlisting, etc), and while that's truly that some hits can still be organic - nowadays it's very hard without a proper release. Again, Demi is not successful and I agree - but are they even trying? 

It's not like the TTH playlist is full of actual hits, there are songs there that will never become a hit yet they're still there (even if their artists didn't have hits in years, just like Demi), but with Demi, they're not even trying, which makes me feel like there's nothing more to it that we don't actually know.

I also can't forget that time Scooter has side it's "weird" that DWTD wasn't added to TTH and he's "working on it", only to delete his comment a few hours later without anything happening.

23 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

While you're not wrong, I kinda feel like there's nothing more to it. For years, none of her singles got a proper release (Radio, Playlisting, etc), and while that's truly that some hits can still be organic - nowadays it's very hard without a proper release. Again, Demi is not successful and I agree - but are they even trying? 

It's not like the TTH playlist is full of actual hits, there are songs there that will never become a hit yet they're still there (even if their artists didn't have hits in years, just like Demi), but with Demi, they're not even trying, which makes me feel like there's nothing more to it that we don't actually know.

I also can't forget that time Scooter has side it's "weird" that DWTD wasn't added to TTH and he's "working on it", only to delete his comment a few hours later without anything happening.

i think her Disney past have something to say in this, someone team really sabotages Demi in every possible way

smoore95GAGA
3 hours ago, Komet blu said:

Give this a listen, and the album shines the most when it completely leans into metal/rock/punk, like in the first few songs which are absolutely amazing. Unfortunately there's several slower rock-pop mid moments later on that weight it down, quite a few of them giving random song on a circa 2007 Greys Anatomy episode. A more edited and condensed track list would've made this much better. Not bad all in all tho  :clap3: 

So you’re saying you don’t like 29, Happy Ending or 4 Ever 4 Me?

spacer.png

Edited by smoore95GAGA

34 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

I agree. As much as I hate scooter he does seem supportive of Demi. He was even with her during gma. I think the issue is with her label refusing to invest in her promotion. Maybe she makes them more money from organic sales/low cost promo and they prefer spending more of their budget on bigger artists. 

11 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

So you’re saying you don’t like 29, Happy Ending or 4 Ever 4 Me?

Hmm, I'd put 29 and HE in the upper half of the album for sure, I think they had the advantage of being a needed change of pace after the high energy start of the album. But I was kinda over it by the time 4E4M came on, so I deffo need to listen to the album again on shuffle

AG4IMkq.gif

8 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Hmm, I'd put 29 and HE in the upper half of the album for sure, I think they had the advantage of being a needed change of pace after the high energy start of the album. But I was kinda over it by the time 4E4M came on, so I deffo need to listen to the album again on shuffle

AG4IMkq.gif

what about best song of millenium AKA HEAVEN? :-* 

think Holy **** is my favourite song on the album was Freak & EAT ME! but Holy **** is growing on me more and more.

1 hour ago, Hanzo said:

I'm actually shocked

It cost money and she appears to be the type that won’t bring in the revenue. 

Demi Gives such Shirley Manson tease in Bones!  

19 minutes ago, Rican said:

It cost money and she appears to be the type that won’t bring in the revenue. 

Disregarding the current era, Demi always provided much higher income than Shawn Mendes yet he still got frequently playlisted (and high positions at that) on TTH so that's not really a relevant argument

these are honestly some of the best songs ive ever heard in my life

like that feels dramatic but i really cant fathom how deeply some of these songs move me

1 hour ago, Hanzo said:

Eh, I remember the Ariana's collab being there yet it made 0 noise still. 

24 minutes ago, Rob_Matteo said:

Disregarding the current era, Demi always provided much higher income than Shawn Mendes yet he still got frequently playlisted (and high positions at that) on TTH so that's not really a relevant argument

I agree the music industry should let him go and stop supporting him so heavily, but it is what it is.

He has tons of +1B solo songs which still get big recurrent streams tbh (I'm sure bigger than Demi's numbers)

Listened because of the banner and the first like 4 songs were actually bangers. Sadly the rest is straight up filler with like 1/2 exceptions

• ATRL Moderator

So, after second listen I think my opinions are starting to solidify a little more. I have to say Skin of My Teeth, Help Me, and Substance are probably my bottom three. With SOMT being the only one I truly dislike. Title track, Wasted, Happy Ending, BONES (WHEW THIS ONE), 4 Ever 4 Me and Come Together are probably my favorites :jamming:

7 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

I agree the music industry should let him go and stop supporting him so heavily, but it is what it is.

He has tons of +1B solo songs which still get big recurrent streams tbh (I'm sure bigger than Demi's numbers)

Demi's catalog streams are actually not too bad

But regardless, the point is other than TMYLM era, Demi's playlisting has always been disproportionally low even compared to her "status"

I don't buy into the whole conspiracy thing. Maybe it's her team not putting enough focus on streaming. And TTH in this era is for sure a longshot unless her team actually focuses on one song at a time ( :rip: