Normani explains why she hasn’t released her album yet

Nefertiti0

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

but Tinashe released albums and put in effort

Yeah but when she was with RCA they didn’t let her release Joyride for a few years because they were hit chasing. And during these years their situations was really similar. One or two singles each year with a different sound to see what sticks.

As for enthusiasm and so on Idk. But who really does as we don’t really know what happens behind the curtains.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WheresJay

• magazine

• yonsé

• bocelli

On 6/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, bocelli said:

The way Camila has like three hit albums already and Normani cant even get her debut to get released due to zero demand. She must be so pissed

DBSaqca.gif

I only know of one from Camila. 

I don’t believe a single word from her or Sky Ferreira about anything involving their careers. 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, Dreajae said:

No one gets a perfect manual on how to be an artist. 

:cm: I understand where you're coming from. Perfection doesn't exist. I do hope she finds the material good enough, but everything isn't going to align exactly the way she wants.

On 6/7/2022 at 3:46 AM, Robyn. said:

Why would her label push her into the scene with Motivation and a VMA debut, but with no strategy/album behind it.

Why would they just build hype and let it die. Maybe she shouldn't have too much control because she's sabotaging herself. :rip: 

the question that went unanswered is what else was she not prepared for? she was showing bootyhole online a few months after to promote the dududu song (I’m sorry I forgot the name :rip:)

I wonder if she suffers from actual delusions, not the ATRL type of “delusional!!” thing.

Making excuses instead of releasing the album. :zzz:

On 6/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, WheresJay said:

Yes. Tunji took all of his business to Def Jam and Normani was left at RCA to build her own relationships, which also means a new A&R, meaning a new direction in material. Covid, cancer and label shifts. 

She’s been in the studio since 2018 though so it’s really just a list of excuses at this point. 

Lead single + her last 3 droplets+ 5 new songs = An album

Just kidding, take your time girl :heart:

2 hours ago, Joyride said:

the question that went unanswered is what else was she not prepared for? she was showing bootyhole online a few months after to promote the dududu song (I’m sorry I forgot the name :rip:)

I wonder if she suffers from actual delusions, not the ATRL type of “delusional!!” thing.

It really isn't hard to understand that Normani started in a TV reality show, put into a group where she had to work her ass off but without any creative input on whatever they were doing, they were basically forced to do what they were told - when she got out, she did not want to repeat that process. You can tell Normani did not want to put out a generic, playlist music album made by her label but instead work on her self, live her life and actually put that into her music. It's really understandable that she took all these years to develop her artistry, she simply didn't do the MPG route y'all wanted her to do. Obviously there's still a lot of issues in her career, but primaly, this is very easy to understand. 

1 hour ago, FAN said:

She’s been in the studio since 2018 though so it’s really just a list of excuses at this point. 

That's what he meant. Tunji was her A&R since 2018, when he left RCA in 2021 he most probably took part of her work with him. 

On 6/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, getback said:

Taylor's mom also got cancer but she's able to maintain her massive career :sad:  obviously she's not owning anyone anything, but I'm sure even her mom would like to see her getting so much success rather than staying home with her :rip: 

her mom's health is one of the reasons but the main one is still her dumbass management :rip: they're ruining her career before it has a chance to take off :rip: 

Normani isn't Taylor however and it's really diminishing to say that anyone should be able to move past cancer devastating their family quickly because someone else has for the sake of being relevant in an industry that pays 1/5 of the dollar to artists. Y'all see these people as machines and not humans. This is not their full lives. It's ok for Normani to want to work on herself to be a whole person before she gives that away to the world. She's been doing this for 10 years, give her a break.

Her management is just fine and are ready to move when she moves. Remember, they work for her. She isn't at anyone's mercy there. Normani has the full support of RCA as well and they trust her and allow her the budget to move this way. There have been challenges with business but at the end of the day the ball is in her court.

Didn't read all that, she is scared to flop, which is stupid, go for it.

43 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

It really isn't hard to understand that Normani started in a TV reality show, put into a group where she had to work her ass off but without any creative input on whatever they were doing, they were basically forced to do what they were told - when she got out, she did not want to repeat that process. You can tell Normani did not want to put out a generic, playlist music album made by her label but instead work on her self, live her life and actually put that into her music. It's really understandable that she took all these years to develop her artistry, she simply didn't do the MPG route y'all wanted her to do. Obviously there's still a lot of issues in her career, but primaly, this is very easy to understand. 

That's what he meant. Tunji was her A&R since 2018, when he left RCA in 2021 he most probably took part of her work with him. 

She seems so sweet during interviews, but wild side was so sexual, I think her label is behind all that.

13 minutes ago, tshwark said:

She seems so sweet during interviews, but wild side was so sexual, I think her label is behind all that.

She is a 26 year old grown woman. She's having sex lol. 

9 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

She is a 26 year old grown woman. She's having sex lol. 

So after 5 years that's her statement :ace:

15 hours ago, MEGA said:

dancing with stranger has over billion streams on one platform idc if its feature its still her body of work with sam. he song ft with Khalid as well 800 million streams  motivation 300 million streams those are big records regardless of a dam chart... the money those songs generated is what labels look at.... and wild side was moderate 

Streaming pays pennies compared to actual sales tho. To you, those amount of streams may be financially convincing, but labels will think otherwise.

3 hours ago, tshwark said:

She's a gemini babe, many sides to be seen 

4 hours ago, tshwark said:

Didn't read all that, she is scared to flop, which is stupid, go for it.

If she flops, she won't be the 'upcoming star with tons of hype and potential' anymore, she'll just be a flop that people move on from.

A part of me understands her hesitance.

How come artists like Charli, Marina, and Tove Lo manage to release albums every other year, but then other artists like Normani, Ava Max, Bebe, Kim have to fight with their label for five years just to release one album?

33 minutes ago, @michael said:

How come artists like Charli, Marina, and Tove Lo manage to release albums every other year, but then other artists like Normani, Ava Max, Bebe, Kim have to fight with their label for five years just to release one album?

This is a pretty good question. I would have to say that the difference is all about their public perception and the team management around each girl.

Charli had a taste of being well known from Boom Clap and Fancy but she was never pressured to be a Main Pop Girl.

Same could be said about Tove Lo with Habits, Heroes and Talking Body but again her aim was never mainstream judging from her releasing Disco **** as her sophomore album. 

Marina may not have a hit but she has a NICHE FOLLOWING. Which is a common denominator for all 3 girls, they carved out a market of their own and a cult following of loyal supporters (yes, even Marina post-L&F) that's the difference with the other girls you stated. (Except Kim, she's a different story with this being her debut album under a major label.)

Their labels were never pressured for a return of investment when there wasn't much in the first place. Compared to Normani, Ava and Bebe which had prominent playlisting, performances and others to be more visible in the pop scene. At least that's my 2 cents.

Edited by Indie Go Mind

:rip: 

It's probably taking longer than R9 and B7. Tbh I don't see her as a musician, just a random pop star like Dua. She dreamt of becoming SZA/Alicia Keys/Beyoncé/HER type of artist but the songs she released so far is more like Pitbull/Jason Derulo kind of artist. 

And not her dream collaboration with Beyoncé :rip: more like background vocals.

3 hours ago, @michael said:

Ava Max is releasing her second album this year so you can take her off this list 

21 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Normani isn't Taylor however and it's really diminishing to say that anyone should be able to move past cancer devastating their family quickly because someone else has for the sake of being relevant in an industry that pays 1/5 of the dollar to artists. Y'all see these people as machines and not humans. This is not their full lives. It's ok for Normani to want to work on herself to be a whole person before she gives that away to the world. She's been doing this for 10 years, give her a break.

Her management is just fine and are ready to move when she moves. Remember, they work for her. She isn't at anyone's mercy there. Normani has the full support of RCA as well and they trust her and allow her the budget to move this way. There have been challenges with business but at the end of the day the ball is in her court.

EVERYONE works. It's her job and her choice to become a singer and making music is her work. What the hell does she do if she didn't make music, becoming a house wife?

On 6/8/2022 at 7:41 AM, Joyride said:

I’m sorry this made me actually laugh. And I needed a good laugh right about now. Y’all are funny sometimes lol

Someone bump this thread in September when no album comes out :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.